Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor
  • Restaurant
J7 Hotel(Siem Reap)
  • Breakfast included
1,818 results
All reviewselephant barcabana suiteapsara terracelandmark roomcolonial charmangkor watmain buildingmodern amenitieshuge poolbreakfast buffetphnom penhcold towelswonderful hoteltour guidewelcome drinktuk tukan oasis
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My friend treated me to high tea at The Raffles Hotel in Siem Reap for my birthday and what a lovely surprise it was. We got ourselves all dolled up which is nigh on impossible when you have been backpacking for a month! We were greeted by a doorman in full costume, poor man must get accosted day and night for photo opportunities and we were no exception! Afternoon tea was served in the bar overlooking pool and gardens and if I am honest it was not what I had imagined. The room is fairly noisy with the day to day events of people coming and going, noisy kids, eating and smoking (cough), which being non smokers having somone light up their big fat cigar after they've eaten just before we have eaten is pretty unsociable. But then this larger than average American wasn't really concerned with the people around him when he was loudly criticising the meal he had just eaten apparently it should be 10/10 it is after all Raffles! Maybe he should have stayed in Americn if he's so desperate to eat burger and fries! Anyway, back to the tea. You can opt for Khmer, Western or tropical afternoon tea of which we opted for Western...so lovely to have a pot of Earl Grey accompanied by sandwiches, cakes and scones yummy! The staff were attentive and professional, we were not rushed and all in all it was a lovely treat...just not as ambient an environment as I was expecting.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Blubella
RafflesSiemReap, Hotel Manager at Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Please accept my apologies for the not-so-pleasant ambiance during your Afternoon Tea at the Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor. Nevertheless, I hope that it was one enjoyable and intimate experience for you.
We would be glad to welcome you back, hopefully, for a stay in our historic hotel so you could enjoy and experience fully, our renowned Raffles service.
Thank you very much and we look forward to your return.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed at the Raffles as a result of over-booking by the Anantara that I had originally made a reservation for, and I have to say we were really happy with the switch. Whilst this is an older hotel and little details e.g. shower facilities could be upgraded, we were more than blown away by the staff service, from the cold scented towels which greeted you from the moment you enter the hotel after exploring Siem Reap in the heat, to the friendly helpful service throughout the stay and every step along the way. It was my boyfriend's birthday and the reception manager organised a lovely birthday cake at the last minute, completely complimentary. Little things made all the difference, e.g. free-flow champagne at the excellent daily breakfast buffet, complimentary treats whilst sun-tanning at the big luxurious pool (major plus factor). Overall, we were so pampered that we didn't want to leave The Raffles. Will definitely return to The Raffles if we were to return to Siem Reap in the future.

Room Tip: Better to have a room with the pool, and one with a balcony
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JolynHoHoHo
RafflesSiemReap, Hotel Manager at Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

It was, indeed, a fortunate turn of events and I am glad that you were delighted and had thoroughly enjoyed your stay in our storied hotel, Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor.
My team and I are pleased to know that you were ‘blown away’ with our impeccable service and thank you for appreciating our special touches that we have provided to make your celebration extraordinary.
Thank you very much once again and we look forward to celebrating more special occasions with you.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Harking back an elegant and more gracious time – that’s Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor. From the moment you are greeted by a doorman in costume to riding in the cage elevator, you feel like you are in a different era. Oh, I almost forgot the room key. It’s not a tacky plastic card. It’s a big brass key, a real key. The hotel and rooms are lovely. The service is great. The shops on the lobby level have gorgeous merchandise. With all of that wonderfulness, something even greater is the breakfast buffet. It is absolutely and without a doubt the best I’ve encountered.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
RafflesSiemReap, Director of Food and Beverage at Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your magnificent experience at the Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor. I am delighted that you were fascinated with the old world elegance and glamour of our historic hotel as well as with our champagne breakfast and vintage keys.
My team and I hope look forward to welcoming you back again.
Thank you very much.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

From the moment we stepped into the hotel you are transformed back to its colonial past dotted with discreet, modern and luxurious expectations. You instantly get the feeling that the team genuinely want nothing but the best for you, from the traditional dressed front office who manage the birdcage lift, to those who intuitively know what you need by the biggest outdoor pool to the wonderful spa treatments (in particular Pangha Song who gave a heavenly massage). In addition the kitchen team headed by Australian Chef Wade produce a variety of inspiring and delicious menus to enjoy a snack or special dinner. There are a number of five star hotels around Siem Reap but I can't imagine any other that could make a more appropriate and befitting 'luxury base' to absorb the worlds most amazing temple. Thank you !

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
RafflesSiemReap, Director of Food and Beverage at Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

It is a pleasure to know that you had spent a wonderful time at the Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor. I am glad that you had appreciated the colonial charms of the hotel and enjoyed our Royal Cambodian gustatory delights. Most of all, I’m pleased that our historic hotel made memorable your journey into mystical temples of Angkor.
Thank you very much and rest assured that I will share your inspiring compliments with my team.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Treatment my friend to high tea here for her birthday. contacted the hotel weeks before and they were very helpful.
On arrival the room was nice enough, the tea and cakes were divine the only thing that spoilt it was an overweight middle age American smoking his cigars right next to us loudly moaning about everything in the hotel to staff. So glad of the UK smoking ban !
What we saw of the hotel it looked lovely, but have to say had better high tea experiences.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

I am delighted to know that you had enjoyed our Afternoon Tea and thank you for appreciating the old world charm of the Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor. I regret to hear about the inconvenience that you had but I hope your overall experience had been wonderful.
Thank you very much and our team hopes to welcome you back for a stay in our storied hotel.