“Excellent service and location within walking distance to markets and restaurants”

Belmond La Residence d'Angkor
Ranked #42 of 384 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 21 May 2011

This is what you would expect from an orient express hote. Fine service, fine food and excellent facilities. The massages were the best in our two month trip to Asia. The VIP service at the airport got us through customs and visa services in less than five Koufax. Within 20 minutes of landing, we were at the hotel. They even brout our favorite drink to the airport for the car ride.
While we were the, my husband became I'll and the hotel assisted me in contacting a doctor and in getting him to the international hospital. They showed genuine concern for him and assured me in getting back and forth to the hospital for visits.
Only downside is that the tours through the hotel are rath expensive for Siem reap. I would arrange your tours privately to save about half. Tht being said, the tour was wonderful and incuded cold towels after each temple and cold drinks as well as an air conditioned car and English speaking guide and were well organized and easy to arrange through the hotel.
Among the five star hotels, this is the best located I my view. It is just five blocks or so from the part of downtown with shopping and restaurants and ten minutes to the Temple entrance.
Poll is lovely and refreshing after a hot day of touring. Good room service and food.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank karypdx
Write a ReviewReviews (1,486)

Reviewed 17 May 2011

I have never bothered to review a hotel before, because they never left a deep enough impression for me to think about it, but I must say that I was truly impressed by La Residence d'Angkor and wanted to share my recent experience.

After almost a two week tour through Vietnam Laos and Cambodia staying in nice, but run of the mill hotels, we heard good things and decided to stay at La Residence in Siem Reap. We booked a room and I can definitely say that this was the best night of my trip.

From our arrival the staff was very friendly and helpful, giving us a tour of the hotel, room, as well as any information on the city and sights. The attentive staff almost knew what we were looking for with little details such as preparing our slippers next to our beds after lunch, so we could relax and enjoy the pool. We were also pleasantly surprised when random staff throughout our stay were referring to us by name and asking if they could help us in anyway. These are the type of details that distinguish a 5 star establishment form the rest.

The location is also excellent- right in the center of town next to the river and walkable to most popular areas.

The restaurant and breakfast buffet was also delicious and they had a free show of a traditional dance at the restaurant when we went.

The pool is small, but when we went there were no other guests so we had the whole pool to ourselves. It is stylish and great to relax in. You could also order drinks there.

The theme of the hotel resembles the statues and sculptures of Angkor Wat, which is great as it gets you in the mood for adventure before seeing the real thing.

On the downside, I can't think of anything to mention. Even the pricing which is in-line with 5 star hotels was very reasonable.

All in all, if you are looking for a luxurious stay at an excellent resort in the center of Siem Reap, look no further than La Residence. I know I will be coming back!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Davybert
Reviewed 12 May 2011

This was my fourth trip to Siem Reap but my first stay at this property. This is definitely the best property in town.

The staff very quickly recognized their guests. The pool was extremely pleasant with numerous loungers and two large beds. Unlike many properties, the pool was available 24 hours a day. At night the pool area is enhanced for evening drinks.

I had a few issues that I directed to the management and they were quickly addressed. Kudos to the property's management - Vorana na Champassak (General Manager) and Mr. Rivong (Assistant Manager).

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank AlwaysOnTheAirplane
Reviewed 4 May 2011

we stayed at la residence for our anniversary and my birthday and it really lives up to its reputation, we were completely catered for ! The staff are so friendly and sweet and seem really happy to be working which is rare these days!
the pool is to die for like a warm bath no smell of chlorine
breakfast is superb and I have no complaints at all
booked with mr and mrs smith and got 2 massages free!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank misstree
Reviewed 26 April 2011

The hotel is fairly new with every thing you would expect.
Situated on the riverbank and just a short walk from the tourist strip.
Staff were execlent.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ozbraids
Reviewed 19 April 2011

I did extensive research before choosing this hotel for our visit to Angkor Wat. The reviews, particularly on Tripadvisor, made La Residence d'Angkor bubble right to the top as our choice. Now that I have returned, I wanted others to know, La Residence d'Angkor is awesome and exceeded our already high expectations.

The hotel is beautiful, peaceful and in a perfect location. All the people that work at the hotel were wonderful. The tour arrangements they made were outstanding. Our stay at La Residence d'Angkor was the highlight of our month long trip through Asia. I don't usually do reviews but this place has earned my praise and I wanted to pass along that you can trust La Residence d'Angkor to make your visit special, very special.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Happy-Travel-Gypsy
Reviewed 17 April 2011

I have been at La Residence for 5 days with a friend. It was a perfect stay. The location is very good: not far from Angkor Wat (you can easily go by tuk-tuk), but in town and you can walk to the market and to restaurants. The hotel itself is very beautiful and comfortable. Rooms are large and very well furnished in colonial stile. The swimming pool in the tropical garden is a perfect place to rest after having been to the temples and very long so that you can actually swim if you like. The breakfast is the best one I’ve ever had in a very pleasant garden. Service is very good: everyone is very kind and attentive, even if you have to bear in mind that you are in Cambodia and not in NY: sometimes is difficult to understand their English because of the accent and their concept of time is sometimes different than western people’s one. The SpA was amazing a open till late, so that you can enjoy it even if you want to enjoy the fantastic pool before. Ok, place is expensive for Siem Reap standards, but it’s worth every dime you spend if you are looking for a quiet, beautiful, very comfortable luxury hotel. The only thing that was perhaps too expensive compared to what you can find in Siem Reap was the dining at the hotel.

Room Tip: prefer rooms on the pool side