“One of the BEST hotels in the WORLD”

Belmond La Residence d'Angkor
Ranked #43 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 30 May 2011

I have travelled the world for over 35 years and this Hotel is up with the Best of them. Great location in Seam Reap, close to shops,Pub Street and Markets. Facilities,rooms, spa, bars and restaurant all excellent. Do eat in the restaurant, great food and service usually accompanied by a local dance or other cultural show. The best is the staff, they provide a service with professional excellence and charm.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank GOLDCOASTGURU
There are newer reviews for Belmond La Residence d'Angkor

Reviewed 26 May 2011

We stayed for 3 nights in Siem Reap at the La Residence d'Angkor. The hotel is centrally located - the old market, central market and most recommended restaurants (by Frommer, Rough guides etc) are all within a 5-10 minute walking distance - you don't even need a tuk-tuk. The hotel was very charming with a french colonial look and feel, with lots of wood. The hallways were open and airy with a pool at the center of the hotel. We had two pool-facing rooms and it was very quiet - though we were in the off-season period. The standard rooms were large (almost like a suite), with a bed and a futon-like couch that can function as a bed. A nice western breakfast (such as cereal, eggs, fruits, cakes, different breads, yogurt, jams) and wireless internet is included in the price of the room. The staff was friendly, courteous, helpful and spoke English. Security was good as they would not let us leave for the sunrise viewing at Angkor Wat without us giving our room number. We did not find any problem of mosquitoes - the hotel said it fumigates the premises every Saturday. It was a pleasure to return to the hotel after the exhausting walks and climbs in the muggy, steamy, hot days of May. We thought that the prices were reasonable for the luxury and amenities provided. All-in-all it was a first-class stay!

Room Tip: Generally calling and asking for a discount works
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank PhatExpat
Reviewed 21 May 2011

This is what you would expect from an orient express hote. Fine service, fine food and excellent facilities. The massages were the best in our two month trip to Asia. The VIP service at the airport got us through customs and visa services in less than five Koufax. Within 20 minutes of landing, we were at the hotel. They even brout our favorite drink to the airport for the car ride.
While we were the, my husband became I'll and the hotel assisted me in contacting a doctor and in getting him to the international hospital. They showed genuine concern for him and assured me in getting back and forth to the hospital for visits.
Only downside is that the tours through the hotel are rath expensive for Siem reap. I would arrange your tours privately to save about half. Tht being said, the tour was wonderful and incuded cold towels after each temple and cold drinks as well as an air conditioned car and English speaking guide and were well organized and easy to arrange through the hotel.
Among the five star hotels, this is the best located I my view. It is just five blocks or so from the part of downtown with shopping and restaurants and ten minutes to the Temple entrance.
Poll is lovely and refreshing after a hot day of touring. Good room service and food.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank karypdx
Reviewed 17 May 2011

I have never bothered to review a hotel before, because they never left a deep enough impression for me to think about it, but I must say that I was truly impressed by La Residence d'Angkor and wanted to share my recent experience.

After almost a two week tour through Vietnam Laos and Cambodia staying in nice, but run of the mill hotels, we heard good things and decided to stay at La Residence in Siem Reap. We booked a room and I can definitely say that this was the best night of my trip.

From our arrival the staff was very friendly and helpful, giving us a tour of the hotel, room, as well as any information on the city and sights. The attentive staff almost knew what we were looking for with little details such as preparing our slippers next to our beds after lunch, so we could relax and enjoy the pool. We were also pleasantly surprised when random staff throughout our stay were referring to us by name and asking if they could help us in anyway. These are the type of details that distinguish a 5 star establishment form the rest.

The location is also excellent- right in the center of town next to the river and walkable to most popular areas.

The restaurant and breakfast buffet was also delicious and they had a free show of a traditional dance at the restaurant when we went.

The pool is small, but when we went there were no other guests so we had the whole pool to ourselves. It is stylish and great to relax in. You could also order drinks there.

The theme of the hotel resembles the statues and sculptures of Angkor Wat, which is great as it gets you in the mood for adventure before seeing the real thing.

On the downside, I can't think of anything to mention. Even the pricing which is in-line with 5 star hotels was very reasonable.

All in all, if you are looking for a luxurious stay at an excellent resort in the center of Siem Reap, look no further than La Residence. I know I will be coming back!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Davybert
Reviewed 12 May 2011

This was my fourth trip to Siem Reap but my first stay at this property. This is definitely the best property in town.

The staff very quickly recognized their guests. The pool was extremely pleasant with numerous loungers and two large beds. Unlike many properties, the pool was available 24 hours a day. At night the pool area is enhanced for evening drinks.

I had a few issues that I directed to the management and they were quickly addressed. Kudos to the property's management - Vorana na Champassak (General Manager) and Mr. Rivong (Assistant Manager).

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank AlwaysOnTheAirplane
Reviewed 4 May 2011

we stayed at la residence for our anniversary and my birthday and it really lives up to its reputation, we were completely catered for ! The staff are so friendly and sweet and seem really happy to be working which is rare these days!
the pool is to die for like a warm bath no smell of chlorine
breakfast is superb and I have no complaints at all
booked with mr and mrs smith and got 2 massages free!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank misstree
Reviewed 26 April 2011

The hotel is fairly new with every thing you would expect.
Situated on the riverbank and just a short walk from the tourist strip.
Staff were execlent.