Belmond La Residence d'Angkor
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
La Riviere d'Angkor Resort(Siem Reap)
  • Breakfast included
Villa Um Theara(Siem Reap)
View Hotel
City River Hotel(Siem Reap)
1,528 results
All reviewsla residencemartini barangkor watbeautiful hotelhuge bathtuban oasisthe general managerluxury hotelkhmer styleturn down servicebeautiful poolrooms are spaciouspool siderestaurant stafftuk tukpub streetstayed nights
FilterAll languages
997 - 1,002 of 1,528 reviews
Reviewed 13 July 2011

If you are travelling to Siem Reap, STAY HERE. You won't be disappointed. Everything about the hotel is top class and arranged with a smile. Nothing is too much trouble.

We booked a package which included a 2 hour spa treatment and a dinner at the hotel and stayed for 3 nights. All in all a thoroughly relaxing experience and an absolute pleasure from start to finish.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2011

Is there a SIX STAR rating? Cause this Hotel deserves it!!! I travel all over South East Asia and can assure you that the wonderful and friendly staff are UNMATCHED!!! The room was SPOTLESS (hospital cleanliness) and they let us check in early and check out late with NO extra charge. The Cambodian people are wonderful and warm and genuine....but never so much as at La Residence. STAY HERE OFTEN!!!

Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2011

We expected a certain standard synonymous with the name Orient Express and we got it.
From the discrete entrance, more like a private residence, one steps through onto a beautiful and inviting covered walkway across a pond filled with plants and fish into a simple almost minimalist reception area.
The designer has managed to achieve a cozy, boutique feeling where you feel you are a known and recognised guest rather than one of many so often found in large hotels. The rooms are in a number of separate airy three story buildings with external covered walkways leading to the rooms. Flora abounds everywhere.
The rooms are well appointed with a huge stone carved bath and shower. The washing/bathing/toilet area is separated by sliding see through doors which offer minimal visual privacy, other than the toilet, and zero audible privacy whether bathing or on the toilet!
A small balcony allows one person to sit outside assuming they do not want to go and sit next to the large and beautiful swimming pool where food and drink can be consumed.
In general everything about the accommodation is good. The only complaint is that the rooms are provided with only a small 'slice' of soap which was not replaced despite having melted into a viscous blob until we specifically asked for it.Washing gel is provided in abundance.
There is a small gym with a couple of running & cycling machines and one cross country ski trainer.
Adjacent to the reception area is the dining room where breakfast and dinner is served. The resident French chef offers a wide range of local and International dishes. The standard of cooking was found to vary from very good to so so. I am not sure whether this was a function of when the chef was off...
Overall a well run, extremely clean hotel. The key to our stay were the staff.

Room Tip: Contrary to the usual rule, get a room by the pool
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank stargazer43
Reviewed 1 July 2011

Heaven on Earth.

This hotel is a true example of what quality of service is and how to go about it. We were pampered from the minute we get there.

The ambience and the perennial smiles make you see what luxury is all about. For me the best things I saw were: the pool (beyond belief), the dancer nights (amazing show) and the Spa (WOW!).

The bar at night is also a wonderful sensation, and me, being a cocktail enthusiast, must say that they know their cocktails.

Truly recommend the stay, although the only negative aspect of it is betweeen life within the hotel and life outside. If you can, just enjoy the ride.

Room Tip: Lower floor with plants covering terrace
  • Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2011

I stayed at La Residence after making a last minute reservation in October 2010 for 3 nights. The service of the manager on duty and reservation staff was very professional and helpful, right from the moment of calling-up for reservation enquiries. I also booked a to/fro airport pickup which was excellent value for money, very comfortable car, the driver was excellent in the service he provided, right from welcoming, helping with the luggage, offering a bottle of cold water and a wet towel in the car, and then an excellent drive (albeit too slow!) to the hotel. In fact I ended up using the hotel car services with the same driver, for a day trip to explore the ruins of Angkor. On the return trip to the airport, the driver took a different route - via the ruins, ' so you can say goodbye to the old city!' - as he put it! - which really impressed me as to the level of training and service of the staff employed by the hotel.
I was upgraded to a pool-facing corner room at the hotel. The room was simply amazing. Very spacious, quiet, colourful and very well done up. I loved it and cannot say enough good things about the room at the hotel! There was a v.small verandah attached to the room. The bath room was elegant and very spacious. One thing which I would like to point out is that the shape of the bathtub and the high sides would not make it very convenient for elderly travellers. Even I had to be careful while getting in and out of the tub to make sure I did not slip.
The spa at the hotel was excellent and I went almost every day while trying different massages. The quality of the session varied as per the masseuse, but overall it was well worth the time and money, and was very relaxing. My trip was to take a quick relaxing break away from work and the spa and stay certainly made that possible.
The breakfast at the Residence was quite good. The selection was not extensive but okay for breakfast and the service staff was very helpful. I also reserved a Cambodian dance performance dinner one night at the hotel and enjoyed the dinner thoroughly. I was travelling solo during this trip and the service staff would try their best to make me feel extra comfortable, even at some points coming up to ask if I wanted photos taken with the dancers, as others travelling in groups could do it by asking another group member. The staff were obviously well trained, friendly, and helpful without being pushy or irritating.

Overall a very nice experience, hotel location very central, service excellent, value for money excellent, and in fact I was so happy that now when I travel anywhere, I always check whether Orient Express group has a property at that place.

One flaw was that of room service. I ordered lunch in the room on one occassion, and could clearly feel dust particles in the curry, so much so that I almost threw up! I complained t the staff who apologised but this pretty much put me off from ordering food via room service again. I found no such problem in the food at the restaurant or bar - where the food was excellent. But this room service experience seemed to be an anomaly from the overall experience.

Also the mattress and pillows were hard, although that is a problem in quite a few places in East Asia. The second night I requested for softer pillows and after a few hours the staff managed to find one which orked fine for me.

The wifi in the room was excellent and the there was coffee/tea making facility.

I would definitely stay here again if I visited Siem Reap in the future, and would not hesitate to strongly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Pool view room recommended
  • Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo