“Very nice hotel, fantastic service.”

Belmond La Residence d'Angkor
Ranked #43 of 365 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We spend quite some time to select our hotel for our 4 days trip to Angkor.
At the end we selected the Belmond previously the pansea because of the nice room and the location.
Overall we had a very good performance, the staff is unbelievable, friendly and always very keen to help.
The management is always around ready to help. The late check out is not common and was highly appreciated after a day under the rain.
What prevent the review to be excellent was the maintenance work at the pool during the day (not a problem if you spend your day visiting) but a nuisance if you plan to relax by the pool during the day. Also i believe the menu at Circle could offer more choice and more premium dining experience.
In term of value for money i believe it was very good return on our investment

Room Tip: The pool room has a fantastic bath tub.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank marcnus

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel recently and was very, very impressed. The overall hotel is just beautiful but my room was one of the most elegant and tastefully decorated I have ever been in. When I show pictures of my trip, I include a couple of shots of the room itself. The staff was wonderful. Special mention needs to be made of the Spa. I travel extensively and have had massages all over the world. The one I had here ranks in the very top. There are cheaper hotels, but for a brief visit to Angkor, it was a real treat.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Paul R
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My wife and I just had a great stay for 3 days at La Residence. The location is wonderful. The room was big and comfortable, the breakfast delicious, the food at the restaurant excellent and the service and the staff imppecable, friendly and very professional.
Also, we had a relaxing massage in the Spa that was very good.
Thank you!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sebipla
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed as a family in La Residence d'Angkor for a week of sight seeing in Siem Reap and loved it!
The hotel is well located and calm, the staff are all charming but not over whelming.
Nothing is a problem here and the tours that were organised were perfect for a family with a young child.
The Martini bar is great for an evening drink before dinner and, whatever the restaurant we chose, the food and service were impeccable.
All in all a wonderful experience with a "home from home" feel to it.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank mlawrence75
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed 4 nights at the hotel, the environment and standards at the hotel are excellent, the location is also good with a reasonable walk along the river into the town centre. By far the highlight for me was the staff who were very friendly and professional. I did not rate the food at breakfast or dinner that much and have had much better in other places in Siem Reap.
Overall the hotel is good but it is quite expensive and I did not think it gave the extra I would expect over a normal hotel for the high room rate. I would probably stay somewhere else next time as I think I could get better value for money.

Room Tip: The upper floor is a better location. There is some building work on an adjacent site which caused s...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank neil_heaton
Gm-Angkor, General Manager at Belmond La Residence d'Angkor, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Mr. Heaton,

We appreciate your comments and regret to read that you did not feel there was value for the money spent during your stay with us. Whilst we are amongst the highest priced hotels in Siem Reap, being a 5* boutique property, it is the level of service we aspire to give you the sensation that the money spent is well worth every dime. There is a plethora of choices at your disposal, we fully agree, yet we are quite confident the service level encountered would reflect the lower rates that you would pay elsewhere.

Whilst your expectations were not fully met here in Siem Reap, I do hope you have kept fond memories of your stay with us and are inclined to place our other Belmond properties on your travel radar for future vacations.

Yours sincerely,
Carla Petzold-Beck

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I could not say enough about the place, it is for me the oasis in busy Siem Reap. It's the impeccable service from doorman to front desk and even the pool boy. All super attentive without being over the top.. It has the feel of a much more intimate hotel even though there are 70 rooms. I love the Martini Bar, the open space and and green surrounding. I don't care for breakfast much but this place serves the best poached eggs. A lunch of steak was better than one I had in Paris recently. I see myself returning to this hotel just for a weekend break.

Room Tip: Any room will do but facing the pool has its advantage.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank HabsahSaufi
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Loved, loved my experience here- came on to Siam Reap after a busy business trip through Asia for a few days exploring and with myself. The hotel is elegant, comfortable and very enjoyable. The staff are amongst the best - wonderful food, wine and cocktails! Loved the muddled mint and passion fruit cocktail! It was a very memorable trip and felt very comfortable here as a solo, woman traveler.

Room Tip: Look over the pool - upper floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo