Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
2,968 results
All reviewscolonial stylekids clubcolonial feelbreakfast buffetbeautiful hoteltuk tukpool areabeautiful poolturn down servicethe salt water poolan oasisevery eveningpub streetloved this hotelwould highly recommend this hotelrooms are largeafter a long day
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 October 2011

The hotel is in a lovely location, the building is very well maintain and beatiful. The rooms are very well appointed and the service in the room is really good.

Amazing the pool, the restaurants and the breakfast is great. Also a special mention to the Spa, which is marvellous.

I will recommend everybody to stay there and most definitely will return.

Room Tip: All of them are great!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Siem Reap is a unique place with lots of history and temple to see.
People is very friendly. Who likes to buy local suvenier is a great chance to leave Cambodia fulll of them once price and quality is very good.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2011

We had a great room when check in the hotel, the room was very comfortable and we found everything were excellent. People at the hotel were very friendly, very helpful with our thing.The hotel located in near city center so it very easy to walk to central park. Thank minmax travel gave us the best advice to chose Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa in our trip to Combodia.
Tips: The Tuk Tuk always outside of hotel. it was really cheap to discovery Siem Reap by night in Tuk Tuk.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 September 2011

Let me be clear on this: I stay at some decent places, and this is the best hotel I have stayed at. Period. The pictures make it look nice, but not nearly as nice as it really is. You feel like an explorer coming in from the jungles of Cambodia and entering a classic French Colonial property. I was looking around for my pith helmet!

It starts when you arrive. We hired a driver to bring us there from Phnom Penh. It was a trip, and the noon heat was bearing down on us. We were greeted by a crackerjack gentleman that gave us a cold cloth with the scent of rose petals.

We were greeted warmly at reception with a sampeah, the Cambodian greeting of holding the hands together and slightly bowing the head. I upgraded to a pool view room at a nominal cost. The room was perfect. Splendidly clean and everything worked well. After all, the hotel...though it looks like it's 1920's...was built just recently.

The swimming pool may be filled with softened water. Or something. Leave it to say it was the nicest pool I have ever swam in. I got two massages at the spa, and they were both superb and peaceful.

Even the elevators were crazy cool. It uses these levels, and looks like it was built in 1919. Fabulous!

The included breakfast was perfect. I was wandering over towards the cook that was preparing fresh omelettes, and he already had the eggs going for me. He said "I thought you may want one, sir". Magic? Maybe. Go to this hotel and start your own Cambodia adventure.

Two more things: They have 1930's vintage Citroens that you can tool around in should you choose to do so (at extra charge of course). I am going back there in February and will maybe give that a spin.

Also: I made the mistake of leaving my in-room safe open ...not once...but twice. The man in uniform charged with bed turn down called another two men...one of which was a manager...to make sure my room was secure. I was quite embarrassed .....but again...it's Cambodia. My fav of all favs. You will love this country, and the people. Bravo to the Victoria Angkor Resort and Spa!

One more thing: The location is excellent. But I think most of the better hotels are in the same area.

Room Tip: Get a pool view room. Not much of an up-charge.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank tubeguy
hannostamm, General Manager at Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2011

Dear tubeguy,

Thank you very much for your extensive and glowing review. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed every detail of your stay and will certainly pass on your generous comments to the staff concerned.

The pool is indeed a salt-water pool; a pool that needs much less chemicals than a regular pool would in the sort of climatic conditions we have here.

Once again, thank you very much and we will all look forward to your visit next year.

Regards,

Hanno Stamm and Team

Reviewed 14 September 2011

After a few day working in Phnom Penh we decide to flight to Siemens Reap to see the Temple of Angkor Wat, the hotel choice was difficult while it's a lot of hotel in Siem Reap. We choice the Victoria, while I use to stay there when I travel in Vietnam, we don't regret us choice.
The pool is royal, the bigger in this city I think... The room was nice and the decoration great. The plasma TV was big and comfortable during the raining hours.The Internet was fast enough for a comfortable work.
The staff at reception and at the bar was really friendly and smily, and the cocktail delicious. The Staff was always there to help us as well when a tuktuk driver ask us more as ten dollar to come back from dinner in the city center. The manager as a strong discussion with him and we pay just 3$!
I will recommend this hotel in each family looking for a good price quality.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family