We had 3 nights at this hotel while touring Angkor Wat and surrouding temples and think this is absolutely worth considering if you are in Siem Reap. I didn't LOVE the hotel rooms themselves as much as say at the Sofitel or Raffles but the hotel has WAY MORE atmosphere than either of those and for far less of a price. You get the sense of being in an elegant "colonial" hotel with its open air lobby, beautiful landscaping, gorgeous pool and outdoor dining area that sits just over the pool. We had friends staying at the both the Le Meridien and Sofitel, just a few minutes away, and they all wanted to meet at our hotel for drinks because of the lovely ambiance. After seeing their hotels, we understood why! The Le Meridien just feels sterile and the Sofitel though lovely just feels like a fancy hotel without giving you a sense of where you are. The hotel rooms were good sized for the standard room but didn't have the "luxury" sense I typically prefer. They had shower curtains instead of doors and that always makes you feel like you are in a motel. I wish hotels would just do away with curtains! Otherwise, they were perfectly fine and for the price differential, I am calling this a great value for a great smaller hotel if you are in Siem Reap!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa, characterized by its typical colonial architecture, features 130 rooms overlooking the salted swimming pool and its tropical garden, or the magnificent Royal Garden. The 10 suites of 73m2 are each one decorated in its proper style. They offer the comfort of a living room, an outside terrace, a king size bed and a big bathroom with bathtub and separated shower. The Deluxe Room of 38m2, overlooking the pool, and Superior, with a view on the Royal Garden, can be chosen with a king size or a twin bed. Meeting place for local artists, retreat for diplomats, nature lovers, writers, romantic tourists or nostalgic from a dream time, the Victoria Angkor is an arty and authentic hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Fastbooking, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria Angkor Resort And Spa
- Victoria Angkor Hotel Siem Reap