We stayed in ten 5 star hotels on our 3 weeek trip round Indochina, and this was by far the best- in fact possibly my favourite hotel ever! Built in French colonial style in front of the Royal gardens it was the perfect place to wind down after a busy day temple visiting. We stayed in the Plantation Suite, which was huge, with a large balcony overlooking the gardens and pool. It was beautifully decorated and furnished with period pieces, although it had all mod-cons too, including an i-pod, plasma satellite TV,Nespresso machine and kettle, and free Wifi. The bed was so comfortable, and the a/c so quiet and efficient we slept like logs. The bathroom had a good bath, large shower cubicle, 2 basins, and separate WC. There was also plenty of wardrobe and cupboard space. I loved the gifts left every night at turndown- spices, keyrings balm etc.
The breakfast was excellent with a huge choice of Western and Asian foods, hot and cold. I appreciated the chef who spent all morning juicing oranges- and the omelettes were superb too
The swimming pool was large, crystal clear, and a great place to cool down. It was set in pretty gardens, with adequate sunloungers and umbrellas. We ate lunch there once and the food was good, and the pool bar service swift.
The hotel is about 20 mins walk from the restaurants of Pub St, but we used the tuk-tuks, $2 well spent.
Finally the staff were all helpful, efficient, smiling , and seemed genuinely pleased to serve. They spoke good English too
We were very sorry to have to move on- I would highly recommend this hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa, characterized by its typical colonial architecture, features 130 rooms overlooking the salted swimming pool and its tropical garden, or the magnificent Royal Garden. The 10 suites of 73m2 are each one decorated in its proper style. They offer the comfort of a living room, an outside terrace, a king size bed and a big bathroom with bathtub and separated shower. The Deluxe Room of 38m2, overlooking the pool, and Superior, with a view on the Royal Garden, can be chosen with a king size or a twin bed. Meeting place for local artists, retreat for diplomats, nature lovers, writers, romantic tourists or nostalgic from a dream time, the Victoria Angkor is an arty and authentic hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, Odigeo and Fastbooking so you can book your Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria Angkor Hotel Siem Reap
- Victoria Angkor Resort And Spa