Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa
  • Breakfast included
US$124
US$66
US$302
Angkor Pearl Hotel(Siem Reap)(Great Value!)
US$39
US$221
US$186
US$95
2,964 results
All reviewscolonial stylekids clubcolonial feelbreakfast buffetbeautiful hoteltuk tukpool areabeautiful poolturn down servicethe salt water poolan oasisevery eveningpub streetloved this hotelwould highly recommend this hotelrooms are largeafter a long day
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 March 2014

On a short trip to Cambodia we booked this hotel after reading reviews on Trip Advisor. Some of the comment we read about the staff being racist is wrong. We had a really good stay and the staff were friendly.

Hotel is very quaint in a typical 1800's fashion. Room was very comfortable with a huge bed. Swimming pool is ideally situated. Service by the poolside is good. I do like the idea that if the sun bed wasn't used for an hour they took the towels away so others could use them, and stopped people hogging them.

Food at the restaurant is fine but mostly European which I didn't really want. The only complaint I have is we asked if there were any other restaurants nearby and got a non committal answer. We only had three night here so had to cram in all the visits into two days and on the last night being so tired we decided to dine at the hotel and then went to the night market. The hotel had not told us there were some really nice restaurants at the night market so we missed out on that.

My advice go to the night market area and sample the local food.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
hannostamm, General Manager at Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear brar1956,

I would like to thank you for your very kind review.

I am glad that you noticed that the hotel staff are not racist, nothing could be further from the truth.

When the staff were not able to recommend restaurants then I need to excuse them. They do not have the desire or the means to frequent the restaurants downtown, when they do go out they go to very local places; unsuitable for most of our guests. I have actually asked the staff to try Western restaurants, with the hotel picking up the tab, but they do want to stick to what they know. My project this summer is to update the definite guide to Siem Reap dining and have that at the reception.

Once again, thank you for your comments and safe travels,

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Recently stayed there as part of a Uniworld tour. Hotel was beautiful, located across from a park and close to restaurants. The rooms were beautiful and beds were comfy.

Found the service in the bar and restaurant was not up to par to a 5 star hotel. Waited very long for anyone to wait on us in the lounge and finally had to get up and ask for service. This happened several times. One of our traveling companions sat at the bar and no one ever asked if he wanted to order something. Communication was not the best with the wait staff restaurant and we always had to wait a long time for a cup of coffee. The room was spotless and the room attendants were always very friendly.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
hannostamm, General Manager at Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Dear habanera,

I would like to thank you for having taken the time to write a review of the Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa.

I do apologize that our services did not meet your expectations and I will certainly follow up with the departments concerned.

I do hope that the rest of your stay was fine and would be honored to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

This is a very comfortable hotel situated directly across from the Royal Park in Siem Reap, a town we were told is lacking in green space. Walking around the touristy downtown area made me appreciate the value of being in this quiet spot a short tuk tuk ride away.

Victoria made a pleasant base for visits to the Angkor and other temple sites I had wanted to see in this part of Cambodia. The rooms are pleasantly modern and very importantly, the AC worked quite well in our room. We spent afternoons lounging around the comfortable pool area. Services were appropriate to what you would expect at this price level, given that in my short experience, service overall in Cambodia is still a work in progress.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear martin66,

Thank you very much for your positive review of the Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall and I promise that we will continue to constantly improve our services.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Great ambiance, & enjoyed the personal small extras of local Cambodian creations in the evenings. Sparkling was served every morning at the delicious breakfast spread of my choice of pastries and tasty omelettes.

Room Tip: Overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear HelenofJoy,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our resort.

Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay, do drop in if your travels ever take you to Siem Reap again.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

This was a really lovely hotel but unfortunately we only spent 2 nights there, following a cruise on the Mekong. The place had a colonial feel and it was a really relaxing haven after the heat of the day visiting the temples. The rooms were large and comfortable, our room had a balcony which overlooked the pool, which was fantastic! Great choice of food at breakfast, loved the roaming egg cook ! Excellent service from all of the Staff. Particularly liked the happy hour from 5.30 every evening. The tuc tuc service from the hotel was brilliant, happy to wait for you whilst you shopped - the Central Market is definitely to be recommended.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank loubylouportishead

Dear loubylouportishead,

On behalf of my staff and myself I would like to thank you for your positive review; I shall make sure to pass on your kind comments to my collaborators.

Safe travels and best regards,