“Not Quite 4 Stars, But Good Value”

Angkor Paradise Hotel
Ranked #100 of 343 Hotels in Siem Reap
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Not Quite 4 Stars, But Good Value”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Angkor Paradise is a good hotel. Not quite 4-star comfort, more like 3.5 stars, but considering what we paid during the off-peak season we definitely received our money's worth. Large comfortable room, bathroom with tub and shower, free breakfast (though admittedly the buffet food was not great) -- all made this a good stay. Airport shuttle service made this super easy to reach upon arrival, and there always seemed to be a brigade of tuk-tuks outside waiting to whisk us away to Angkor Park or the Siem Reap night market. You can also walk to the night market if you have some time (about 30 minutes by foot) or rent a bicycle nearby. English proficiency of the desk staff was so-so -- enough to communicate on important things, but we weren't quite able to get all the information we wanted about booking a driver for a tour. Decor of the hotel feels a bit dated but everything is functional. Overall, I recommend Angkor Paradise for your stay in Siem Reap.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Walking into this hotel is simply first class. Greeted by staff with cold fruit cocktails and a warming smile.
Massive hotel so the walk to our room was quite a distance, but our luggage was taken care of for us and was already at our room waiting when we arrived.

Food was yummy, very big portion sizes.

I think some rooms may have been smoking rooms as there was a slight smokey smell whilst walking the corridors but other than that, I couldnt fault the hotel.

FYI- The power source is turned off several times a night in Cambodia, so dont be alarmed if your hear beeps from the air con during the night :o)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Brisvegas
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Angkor Paradise Hotel is ideally situated a short ($2) Tuk-Tuk ride from the downtown markets & Pub Street; the place to go. The Hotel is clean, user friendly & the staff are just great; very helpful & accommodating. The facilities within the hotel are second to none - pool, spa, restaurants etc... A full buffet breakfast was included in the room tariff; and more than ample food to start the day. I can highly recommend this facilty to anyone traveling to Siem Reap.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank JackBrisvegas
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

The Angkor Paradise Hotel is a great value full service hotel where you will find everything you need to relax and enjoy your time in Siem Reap. I've stayed in rooms of every price range in SR from $250 per night 5 stars to $15 per night guest houses and the for the money I prefer this hotel to any of the high priced 5 stars hands down! The clean well appointed rooms, beautiful pool, excellent buffet breakfast, and well equipped exercise room make the Angkor Paradise a super value for people who prefer luxury and comfort while not wanting to throw away their hard earned $ on a 5 star priced hotel. However, you will be pleased to find that you will be provided 5 star service by the management and staff. I was so happy when the management sent my passport by taxi to Phnom Penh when I inadvertently left it in my room safe after my first stay there. I
will return to Cambodia on 18/08/14 and to Siem Reap on 27/08/14 to stay at the Angkor Paradise and I'm sure I will continue to return throughout my 9 months of traveling throughout SE Asia.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank MiggySF
Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel was descent and the triple room we stayed in, was spacious and comfortable. Breakfast was just Ok for a four star but lunch was cheap and of a very good standard. The staff was really friendly. Coming to the massage however, although we found it cheap initially (10$) it was not worth even one dollar! The ladies that came were inexperienced and definitely not trained. Talked and laughed between them in vietnamese about us, the customers all along! Left with my body all in pain! Leaving that aside the hotel was a good plus on our trip

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Nicolas S
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Nothing more comfortable than that first night’s sleep after several air flights and nearly 24 hours of traveling. And Angkor Paradise Hotel didn’t disappoint with spacious rooms, rich wood flooring and furniture, a deep soaker tub separate from the shower and free wifi if needed to check in with friends/family. Very large breakfast room was continually packed with guests, and more tables overlooked the pool. Complimentary breakfast was voluminous with cook to order stations for both western and eastern selections, as well as extensive pastries, tropical fruit, hot and cold dishes. An exercise room allowed some fitness while a pool allowed a dip after hot days of sightseeing at nearby Angkor Wat and other sights.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gust02
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for 4 days in June 2014. We arrived about 8.30 pm so check in was smooth and we went straight to our room. The rooms are nice and comfortable but my wife didn't like the hard bed. This seems pretty common in Asia and doesn't particularly bother me. The room cleaning was pretty hit and miss, one day the bin was emptied the next day not, one day the toiletries were topped up the next day not. Wasn't really a problem it was just the inconsistency puzzled me because hotel room cleaning is usually a well drilled machine. The staff were infectiously friendly and went out of their way to help. I asked reception where I could buy a SIM card and the next thing I knew they took off over the road and came back with a sim, put it in my phone and set it all up for me. The staff at breakfast were always very welcoming and up for chat and they loved it if you had a go at their language. The hotel is a short Tuk Tuk ride ($2 USD) into pub street, the old market and the night market where you can buy clothes, jewellery, electronics and local souvenirs or try a deep fried cricket or spider. The cricket was crunchy and not bad but I couldn't bring myself to try the spider. The breakfast buffet was good except for the bacon which was cooked in an oven until hard and tasteless. Free wifi all over the hotel and about 60+ cable channels. The hotel was also very quiet when we were there probably because of low season but it made our stay even more enjoyable. Overall it was a very pleasant experience, it's not quite up to the standard of a big city hotel like the Caravelle in Ho Chi Minh City but what it lacks in professionalism it makes up for in charm and comfort. I always felt welcome and I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family