“First time in Siem Reap”

Angkor Village Resort
Ranked #67 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I spent one week beginning of april 2014 in Siem Reap. I choose Ankor Village Resort, botanical garden, following the advise of one good friend. The architecture and gardens of the hotel are amazing and remind me some nice places in Bali. The circular swimming pool is incredible!Smiling staff. Nice atmosphere. We try the restaurant and the chief Oliver cooked for us delicious fish diner.
We were just missing to get internet wifi in the room. We were obliged to use daily internet for our job and it is really not easy to be obliged to stay at the reception area to get it.
I was told the same branch has another hotel downtown SIem Reap. If I am lucky and come back to Cambodia, I will prefer to stay downtown and try this one. For me, it is more fun to be close to the busy center, walking distance from restaurants and markets at night than isolated .

Room Tip: Higher floors are better location but choose a new renovated room with new A/C unit Prefer a room c...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 6 April 2014

It was our 2 nd time to stay in this hotel . We stayed there with our family this time .

The food delivered by the room service was very basic and not up to the standard I remembered . For example the spring rolls were dripping with oil and were cold .

Some of the rooms are very noisy since there seems to be a restaurant bar or disco outside the hotel compound but right behind the rooms .

The staff cleaning the rooms and the gardeners gather every morning around 6- 7am near the rooms to talk and laugh and woke us up every morning. We had to open our room door to tell them to be quiet and they laughed back at us pretending they didn't understand and we finally called to call the reception to make them stop. They stopped for that day but started again every morning .

Staff is not as friendly as they use to be and maybe management is the problem. We also booked the new year eve dinner 4 months in advance and they gave us a very lousy table next to the buffet when people who booked last minute were nicely seated . The hotel was clealry a disappointment this time and we would not recommend it . It seems this hotel is more concerned with their staff than the guest . What a surprising attitude !

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

From the moment I was picked up at the airport in a brand new Land Rover I felt warmly welcomed and well taken care of. My wife was meeting me in Siem Reap coming in on a later flight, so the driver and I went out together. Her flight was late, I'd left money back at the hotel, he treated me to a nearby cafe and great conversation while we waited. Such to say the personal attention was heart-warming, amd included the manager, Christina, and the entire staff. A beautiful oasis within the city (close to so much : great restaurants, shopping, running along the river and parks), it was a luxurious version of a Cambodia village: relaxing and serene. Coincidentally, my sister and husband were with a group tour staying at the Sofitel. Beautiful property, but one that you'd find anywhere and everywhere. We were so happy with our choice and our experience at the Angkor Village Hotel and Siem Reap.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richofs
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The best hotel in Siem Reap.The pool ,the garden and restaurant are amazing.The atmosphere is very romantic.The room was excellent.The staff was very friendly...Every things was perfect.I hope someday to go back and stay more time...

Room Tip: The second floor
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elena K
Reviewed 2 April 2014

After several days of travelling around Phnom Penh and then a 7 hour bus trip to Siem Reap, arriving here did feel like paradise. Actually, we called it Elysium because we'd both watched the film on the way over, and everything at Angkor Village seemed so perfect. The setting is gorgeous, the rooms are beautiful, the service attentive and friendly, breakfast delicious, and the complimentary fruit platter left us eternally pining for these south east asian delicacies. A great place to relax.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jodie b
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My husband and I stayed 5 nights at Angkor Village Resort and we really enjoyed our time there. Great ambiance, lovely food, wonderful to swim all along the pool after visiting the temples. All our requests were handled with great care and attention and we received excellent help when it came to changing our tickets and shortening our stay in Siam Reap due to the strike in Bangkok. We would definitely recommend Angkor Village Resort and stay here again.

Room Tip: As far as I know room are all the same, you just make your choice between ground or first floor and...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights with a 9-month old and 4-year old and were made to feel very welcome. All the staff were very friendly and helpful, the rooms were beautiful and the food (although not that child friendly menu) was delicious. We hired a fabulous driver too via the hotel for our temple trips. We would definitely stay here again and again!

• Stayed: January 2014