“Amazing place, in the middle of the jungle”
Review of Angkor Wat

US$85.00*
Half-Day Bike Tour from Siem Reap to Angkor Wat
Ranked #1 of 184 things to do in Siem Reap
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Incredible place hidden in the middle of the jungle. I would suggest you to hire a guide, because the park is too large, and there is a lot to see. The only problem was the weather - too hot. Need to go early in the morning, to complete the visit before it gets too hot.

Write a ReviewReviews (37,826)

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We first went for the sunrise. As other reviewers have said there were hundreds here and all I could think was that it would have been awesome to be there alone. Despite that, it was nice to have the first sighting of Angkor Wat in the dawn light and it was worth walking a bit to get away from the main crowds. We returned later for a half day tour with a guide and it was worth having the guide to bring it alive.
When somewhere is such a familiar image that one has seen on paper many times, it can be difficult to appreciate actually being there. I had to keep pinching myself to remind myself that I was actually in front of the real thing! Just go and absorb and do not be like one man we saw who was seeing it all on the screen of his iPad - and knocking into everyone else in the process. He would see a better version if he just bought a professional dvd!
We dined in a small restaurant just outside the gate which was surprisingly good having regard to its location. Go early to avoid big crowds and the heat of the day and then have a nice lunch here.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We enjoyed seeing Angkor Wat with the understanding that it was the cornerstone of the Park, but we preferred several of the other temples. The mere size of Angkor Wat is inspirational and trying to picture it at the time of construction makes it even more impressive, but when compared to Ta Prohm or Bayon it just wasn't as exciting to us.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We went there to see the sunrice with hundreds and hundreds other tourists. I didn't enjoy at all. Too much people. In Myanmar you can do the same experience and there was no people at all in May. That was amazing and that's why this was such a disappointment to me. I'll recommend Myanmar after travelling Cambodia.

2  Thank Susarope
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We had a tour guide on our morning visit to Angkor Wat and we were so glad that we did, there is just so much detail and history (this should be the first and last temple you visit there). We also saw it for sunset before we left on our last day of temple touring (we did the 3 day temple tour, which is a better deal than the 1 day). This was our favorite of all the temples in Siem Reap, it just has an amazing presence.

1  Thank slhester