All reviewsyellow rooman oasisthe main housetranquil gardentuk tuktropical paradiseboutique hotelswimming poolfish amokmobile phonetemple tourstay in siem reapgreat roomthree nightsamazing staffankor watcold towels
Reviewed 31 October 2017

I don't recall when or where I first read about Maison Polanka, but I was sure that whenever I would make the dream trip to Siem Reap this is where I would be staying. I requested my agent specifically to select this hotel, and it was well beyond my expectations.

I remember reading one review here on TA in which the traveller mentioned that you could tell the quality of service from the cold towel a hotel will give you upon arrival. Well, let me just start by saying that not only that is true, but that here they would rush to me every single time I arrived with a refreshing towel and a glass of water!

Nothing was too much for Cathy, Frances and team. Want to see the circus? (by all means yes, go to Phare!), we'll book you a good seat and the tuk tuk driver. Going to town? please have this phone and call us if you need any assistance. Restaurant, tour bookings? we'll do it for you. Resting by the pool after a day of sightseeing in the sorting sun and don't want the complimentary tea? at least have some of the delicious banana bread. The list goes on and on. Service makes this place and I wish I remembered all names to thank them all. Lastly, mr Vong, always smiling, the best tuk tuk driver in town!

The hotel itself was pure understated elegance, a beautiful restored khmer houses. I stayed in 2 rooms during my stay: the orange, which though smallest was perfect for me. And the yellow, a bit bigger and with a beautiful bathroom. Both perfectly air conditioned, comfortable bed, restocked water bottle, and thankfully no TV. The surrounding gardens were beautiful, the pool was great, and the restaurant served great breakfasts (a different tropical fruit each day, great coffee), and also dinners (the best curry chicken of my trip).

I was very happy here for 4 nights. I loved the Angkor area and would love to come back. I would not stay anywhere else but here.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
7  Thank Lune14
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

We stopped in Cambodia for five days on the way back to Australia from Europe. We wanted a few relaxing days in a warm climate to beat the jet lag and wind down from a busy family-oriented trip to the UK. Maison Polanka was everything we had hoped for from the friendly greeting at the airport from Sopharin, the beautiful compound, stylish and comfortable room and the fantastic staff, including Francis and Cathy . It really is a special place that comes to feel like it might be your very own! The food is wonderful, which can be unusual for in-house hotel kitchens, and we ate in several times as a result. Maison Polanka organised a full day temple tour for us with the delightful and knowledgeable guide Mr Kim Chour and our inimitable tuk tuk driver for the week, Mr Binthoun. Both were friendly and just great. All in all, it was a really good experience and a brilliant hotel - we hope to return ❤️ We would also like to give the Phare Circus a plug, a truly fun night out and a great cause!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Clare H
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Greeted at Siam Reap airport by Frances, a very pleasant young man from Masion Polanka private Villas, the chauffeur van waiting, was very comfortable and spacious. Being whisked away through the pleasant Cambodian countryside, arriving at Maison Polanka where a large security gate opened up the most tranquil garden tucked away within 5 minutes of Siam Reap town. We strolled through to reception, a cabana located by the large enticing pool, being greeted by local staff with refreshing hand towels and a long cool drink. Nothing was too much trouble for them, we were given Khmer House a stand-alone elevated original colonial home relocated some years ago to this site, that complemented the master house with its four self-contained luxury rooms. Our stay was magical, the food memorable, the decor was elegant and traditional, with a simple and personal touch from Nathalie (the owner) adding a splash of colour to each room is unique in its creation, Nathalie selects these from her collection of fabric designs out of her stores. We took cooking classes with Maison's Chef and relaxing massages on site, along with local tours to Ankor Wat and many other historic sites. Arriving back for afternoon tea by the pool every day at 3 Pm with freshly baked treats from the kitchen.
Maison Polanka fulfilled every expectation of a luxurious holiday and more, we felt very special. Thank you so much for sharing your small space in paradise, we were so sad to have to move on continuing our holiday in Cambodia.

Room Tip: Too hard to choose all rooms are brilliant, speaking with the staff will allow you to cater for your needs.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Martyn B
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

This is a wonderful haven. It has authentic and stylish accommodation in a peaceful garden setting. The staff, led by the incomparable Francis, are charming, knowledge and helpful. The Green Room where we stayed was unpretentious and stylish. Thoroughly recommended.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
13  Thank farflungistani
Reviewed 27 July 2017

We absolutely loved Maison Polanka, The atmosphere there is so peaceful and pampered without being ostentatious. The staff is kind, and attentive. We rented the entire hotel for our family. They helped us with everything including two day tour of the temples, shopping, onsite massage, dinners, lovely cocktail hours at the pool. One of the best places we have ever stayed. Everyone loved it from teenagers to grandparents. A true paradise.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
13  Thank Jane D