“Nice hotel to stay for long time”
Review of City Angkor Hotel

City Angkor Hotel
Ranked #276 of 356 Hotels in Siem Reap
Phrae, Thailand
“Nice hotel to stay for long time”
Reviewed 8 October 2010

I went to Siem Reap with industry group for 3 days to visit Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom. I did not book this hotel myself. The hotel is quite big, and look luxury. Big furniture set was settled in lobby for customer to rest. In hall, it's decorated with giant chiness jar, which look elegant.

The receptionist look very smart, and quick response for guests request. Of cause, they can speak English fluently.

In room, There is all the luxury hotel should have, such minibar with many liquer, and smack, vairety of canned soft drink stuffed full in the refrigerator, electric boiler with packs of tea and coffee, soft and wide bed with clean blanket and pillow, TV with cable movie. The room is wide enough to put small chair and table in the corner. In wardrobe, there is a safe for keeping your value belonging.

Bathroom is also wide and clean. With 2 of bath kit and bathtub. Telephone and hair dryer is also in bathroom.

If you would like to travel night market, or night club, Tuk Tuk is always available in front of hotel with price 10,000 Riels/ 4 persons.

I got a very good sleep at night. In morning, the international breakfast buffet is available from 6-10 am. Tasty!!

However, you cannot take other people, which did not inform before, to sleep with you in room. They allow only 2 guests in one room, who must register the name. If you would like to take other people to sleep with you, such some beautiful girls from Pyramid club or Zone-One bar. You must pay extra USD 30 per person.

• Stayed August 2010
2 Thank LeeHyoHee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Marina del Rey, California
Reviewed 21 December 2008

I booked this hotel through a travel agent in Bangkok. I am traveling alone and the agent said I should stay in a "safe place" so I took his advice and let him book me here. What I didn't realize is that the hotel is on Airport Road along with the other large resort-type hotels and it's far from the action in the Old Market (pub street, etc).

The hotel has large rooms, but they are pretty sparse. The bathroom did have a wonderful, deep bathtub. I stayed in room 108 and had a huge window that opened overlooking the front of the hotel. The free breakfast is just ok, the lobby staff barely speak English. The hotel caters mostly to bus loads of Japanese tourists. I paid US$75 a night here and I felt very ripped off. It ended up being more expensive than that when you figure in the tuk-tuks I had to take to get everywhere b/c the hotel is so out of the way from everything. You'd think that given the location the hotel would have a well stocked lobby shop, but the two they had were filled with cheap Angkor Wat crap like post cards, plastic replicas, etc. I wanted to check out a day early b/c I was so miserable being so far away from the action of Old Market and when I told the staff I'd be leaving a day early they said they wouldn't refund my money b/c I didn't book directly through them and I'd paid in cash.

Overall the hotel is fine for tour groups, but not for solo and/or young-ish ppl. Also, DO NOT book through a travel agent if you do decide to stay here on your own b/c if a problem comes up the hotel will not be very helpful.

• Liked — The bathtub in the room.
  • Disliked — The location.
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank blackmistressdiva

Travellers are raving about these Siem Reap hotels

Hong Kong
Reviewed 17 December 2008

Stayed there for 3 days in April 2008. I would like to say this is a reasonable-priced hotels with basic rooms. The receptionists were helpful and patient and one of the girls also gave us a lot of travel information.

The room was basic with acceptable level of comfort and cleanliness. The air-con also worked well. However, in terms of hotel facilities, this one does not have much to offer, only one restaurant and a souvenir shop (an expensive one unfortunately). I dont know, maybe it was near the end of the peak season, I didnt see many of other tourists in the hotel (except a couple of them in the lobby area) Sometimes, it was so quiet and I just thought that we were the only guest on the floor.

Overall, this is not a bad hotel, but nothing impressive at the same time.

• Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank zpherr
Jakarta
Reviewed 20 June 2008

We stayed for two nights and enjoyed our stay. Room is spacious, very clean and hotel staff are friendly. The breakfast is ample although menu variation is few.

The hotel is only 15 minutes by car or tuk-tuk from the airport. So, no need to sweat if you have an early flight.

Stayed June 2008
1 Thank etasitepoe
Singapore
Reviewed 30 June 2007

I did not choose this hotel out of my own accord as it was booked by my travel agent. Nevertheless, I did not ever feel regrets about staying here.

The view of the hotel's architecture is as majestic as shown in the website. It looks as magnificent as an angkor temple. The doormen services(main entrance and restaurant) were great - they never fail to open the door for guests. Service from reception was quite ok as I did not really request any assistance from them.

The rooms and toilets are clean and towels were changed once a day. In fact, the hotel managed to live up to my expectations in most areas. What I loved best are the programmes on t.v. It has a good mix of cambodian as well as English channels. The breakfast buffet is also quite a spread - ranging from American to Asian food.

However, the only complaint my room-mate and I have is the noise at night - but not enough to disturb our sleep. Apart from that, the odd thing is my room-mate gets bitten by insects but I didn't. So be sure to spray on the insect repellant!

I would surely return to this hotel if I visit Cambodia again.

• Liked — TV
  • Disliked — No honey provided (Breakfast)
  • Stayed June 2007
1 Thank Confusedbloom
Sydney
Reviewed 2 June 2006

Our family stayed at the City Angkor for four nights during January 2006. For the most part, we really enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Siem Reap.
One of the highlights was the restaurant with its beautiful buffet breakfasts offering a huge range of Khmer and western cuisines. Lunch was also delicious and reasonably priced at around US$4.50 per main. However beware of the credit card surcharge!
The service was good at all times with kind and curteous staff, aside from occasional language barriers. Our rooms were well appointed with 3 single beds in each and working air conditioning and TV, with free bottled water provided.
The pool was also very nice but the gardens a little inaccesible due to mosquitoes.
In terms of travel to the town, a Tuk Tuk will cost about US$2 - it is not that far to walk however footpaths are very basic and you will be confronted by Tuk Tuk drivers very often.

• Stayed January 2006