“The best attention”

Ranked #263 of 353 Hotels in Siem Reap
bogota
“The best attention”
Reviewed 27 October 2010

First, let me say that Apsara Angkor Hotel is wonderful.

I stayed at this hotel for two weeks as part of an international conference for 100 people working in the nonprofit world. As coordinator of the conference, I worked closely with the hotel staff, who were accommodating, friendly, and helpful in every way. They made my job so much easier because they were there at every instant to help out; all I had to do was ask for something and it was done.

The hotel's manager, Mr. Teviphea, made sure that we had everything that we needed.

The food was prepared according to our requests (we had people from all around the world) and vegetarian options clearly labeled. They organized the conference room beautifully. The hotel's setting is beautiful--though the hotel is new, it has a classic feeling, with lots of wood decor. Everything was very clean and orderly the whole time.

I highly recommend this hotel for two reasons: the setting/ambience and the staff. We felt that we were given the royal treatment while at Apsara Angkor!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
ApsaraAngkorHotel, General Manager at Apsara Angkor Resort & Conference, responded to this review, 7 November 2010
Our Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for posting your kind comments on TripAdvisor. We are happy to hear that you had a good experience of our conference services at Apsara Angkor Resort & Conference.

I am very proud of our team that is really committed to deliver the exceptional guest experiences to all delegates attending the conference, and to be very helpful to make your conference a success. I will share your review with all the staff. They will be very happy with your feedback!! We hope to welcome you to Apsara Angkor again in the future. You know!! all our front line staff remembered your face and your name. Warm APSARA regards, Nuon Teviphea, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sentosa Island, Singapore
Reviewed 11 October 2010

5 reasons why Apsara's honeymoon package is THE only choice: -
1. You will feel like you are living the honeymoon dream - from the ride to the welcome party, to the romantically decorated honeymoon suite to the royalty treatment throughout your stay.
2. The Khmer styled suite will soothe you and puts you in the mood
3. The personalised service
4. The calm cosy location
5. The romantic dinner is unforgettable.

The staff is also trustworthy. I left my credit cards accidentally in the safe and the GM kindly sent his driver all the way to Phnom Penh where i stayed after (5 hours drive away) to send me my cards back. How amazing!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
ApsaraAngkorHotel, General Manager at Apsara Angkor Resort & Conference, responded to this review, 13 November 2010
Our Dear Honeymooners, in the name of all our staff I would like to express our gratitude for your kind comments at Trip Advisor, and for choosing our 9-Rs Romantic Honeymoon Package for your honeymoon trip to Siem Reap and the Angkor Wat World Heritage.

Your reviews are really rewarding for us and for the Trip Advisor community because exactly describes the objectives and passion we all share at Apsara Angkor Resort & Conference. I had already shared your compliments with all of our staff.

We all hope to have the pleasure of welcoming both of you again in the future! Warmest regards! Nuon Teviphea, General Manager
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 14 July 2010

Stayed here as part of our honeymoon trip to SE Asia. As the hotels were so reasonable in Siem Reap and we weren’t going to be spending much time in it we decided to go for a good value hotel rather than a 5 star luxury one which we wouldn’t have the time to enjoy. I think we chose well as really when you are out all day at temples and lakes and at night on Pub Street etc you don’t need any more than this hotel. The hotel was clean and comfortable with all the facilities you need. On arrival we were given a welcome drink and cold towel and upgraded to the honeymoon room which was nice. The room had a balcony and overlooked the pool and gardens area. The room was well appointed. The bed was comfortable. We really enjoyed the pool area the 3 days we were there in the evenings. The Jacuzzi was so welcome after a long day in the temples. The staff were all very pleasant and helpful and there was very good service. The only thing that could be improved was the breakfast. I thought the selection was poor enough for westerners and I didn’t eat much of it. I skipped it on the last day.

It is on the airport road on way into Siem Reap. Outside there are always tuc tucs waiting. Think we paid 1 – 2 dollars into Pub Street at night. I don’t think you need to be in the centre as really it doesn’t cost much to get in and out and for the price of the rooms in this hotel I considered it well worth it. I think our room and breakfast was about €25 per night so you cannot go wrong!

If I am ever in Siem Reap again I would have no hesitation in staying here again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Our Dear Honeymooner, Thank you for choosing Apsara Angkor Resort on your honeymoon trip to Siem Reap, and for sharing your experience and feedback here at Trip Advisor.

Whilst we are so pleased to know that your immpressions and your experiences of our services and facilities were very satisfactory in general, we have made special notes of the breakfast you have brought to our attention. We had already discussed this matter with our chefs who will try to make breakfast the most acceptable for every guests.

We all hope to have the pleasure of welcoming both of you again! Warmest regards! Nuon Teviphea, General Manager
Singapore
Reviewed 25 June 2010

Went to this hotel for 3 nights with my wife. It's at a great location with a lovely French bakery nearby which not many people know of. The pool area of the hotel is super for a relaxing dip after sweltering temple visits each day. The hotel service was extremely friendly and they were always willing to go the extra step for us. The only negative was the charge imposed on using the jacuzzi, which was somewhat silly given the genre of this hotel.
Would defi recommend to anyone planning an Angkor holiday...!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Surrey
Reviewed 11 April 2010

We stayed here for the first leg of our tour and it was an ideal location for seeing the temples and local town. There are plenty of Tuc Tuc boys outside the hotel who you can hire for around $20 for the whole day. Hotel was very clean, staff were very obliging and hotel pool was excellent. I wasn't overly impressed with the buffet breakfast which had a limited choice for a Westerner.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2010

Stayed here for 2 nights while traveling with a tour group from Vietnam (Vietravel). Reception and check-in was fast. Nice carved furniture in the reception area. Room allocated was on the ground floor which was a bit dark even with the curtains opened right back. Very clean though with no complaints. One problem was the room card switch for the electric. This had to be changed. First attempt at fixing the problem was unsuccessful.

Air con and fan was very controllable and there was a decent selection of channels on the TV. The swimming pool outside looked very inviting. Spotlessly clean. Injury prevented me from using it.

Breakfast included a large variety of food. Plenty for everyone. No complaints there either.

I'd go again.

• Stayed March 2010
1 Thank 69bertie
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed 16 February 2010

I have stayed this hotel for 2nights / 3 days with my wife and parents-in-law.
(I am Korean and they are Cambodian)
It was chinese new year so many hotels in town are fully booked.
My agent recommended this hotel with resonable price ($55 per night / twin)
I doubt about this hotel because i have never heard of its name even though i have been living Cambodia for 6 years. (In Phnom penh)

However, the hotel was very very nice. Especially, i liked the spacious room and LOTs of wood furniture. My parents-in-law are also surprised and satisfied..
It doesn't look quite modern. BUT apsara, angkor style wood sculpture matches so well with luxurious atmosphere..

but the bed was cheap stuff.. it has wheel.. so that it moves..

The pool was small but nice, water was clean.

The breakfast is just awesome! and I ate lunch at there once, it was delicious either.
(Price is not overpriced..)

Thanks for reading my Broken-English review.... ^^