“A great place to stay”

Auberge Mont-Royal d'Angkor
Ranked #156 of 378 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I just left this wonderful hotel after an all too brief 2 night stay. The owner is delightful always smiling and extremely helpful. The room I stayed in was very comfortable with excellent air conditioning. The breakfast was tasty and on the morning that we left early the staff prepared a take out meal. Finally the pool with 4water jets and a small waterfall was a real treat when we returned from the heat of the day.

Room Tip: All rooms seem excellent
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 March 2014

We booked a deluxe room for one night and stayed five. The room was huge, very large bathroom with a TUB, nice balcony, mini fridge. To others who didn't find the water hot enough - after two months of traveling in Asia, I have found this often to be a problem. The trick is to reduce the volume of water. If you don't put it at full blast you get a better ratio of hot to cold. The shower works great this way and is definitely hot enough. The location of this hotel is very convenient. A busy area but as soon as you walk into the courtyard you are greeted by a feeling of serenity. The pool is lovely. Every time the staff saw us enter the pool they ran to put the massage jets on. Staff at breakfast was cheery and efficient. Quite a lot of choice on the breakfast menu too.

Room Tip: Room 504 was really nice
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I travel quite a bit and I don't settle for less than quality lodging. This was a truly quaint and charming inn with beautiful landscaping. Excellent bargain - I highly recommend this place. Modern and comfortable rooms. Had a king-sized canopy bed with a quality mattress and sheets, flat screen on the wall, a safe for valuables, A/C blew cold and a nice bathroom. Complimentary breakfast in the mornings was very good and the pool deck is clean, quiet and relaxing. Plus, the spa - located just off the pool deck - is high quality. Great massage and inexpensive. The staff was very friendly and accommodating and the owners were around every morning to greet you. If I come to Angkor again, I will be staying here without question.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 March 2014

The staff is friendly and helpful and there is nothing wrong with hotel or location. It's just that when we booked online, the description is villa II. Anyone would think it is a small villa but actually there is no villa in the hotel!!! You get rooms in a big building?!?!?! That's our main gripe. Otherwise it is fine

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 February 2014

This was our second visit to Siem Reap, and second stay at the Auberge. Originally recommended to us by a friend, we enjoyed our first stay so much that we decided to book again for our return trip last week. The hotel is in a great location, just a 5min walk from Pub Street and the hustle and bustle of the centre of town, and also conveniently located for the temples and the airport.

My husband and I were given a family villa room. With enough room for 1 double bed, I'm not sure how a whole family or extra beds would fit, but it was extremely comfortable for us, with lots of space and a nice big outside patio area. The hotel has recently been refurbished and the bathroom was spotless with a fabulous rain shower! There is also free wifi available - I found the signal to be quite patchy in the room, but fine in the restaurant area. My only minor gripes with the room (502) was that the lock on the door seemed to be faulty - difficult to open without a struggle and some shaking and pulling - and the water supply to the bathroom was never piping hot. However, this wouldn't put me off returning in the future.

The service at the hotel is great, and the friendly staff really make the place. Breakfast is included in the room rate and we were met with a smile every morning. The breakfast menu has several hot and freshly made options to chose from as well as bread, fruit and pastry. It filled me up nicely for the day ahead. We also had our evening meal twice at the hotel and the service was attentive but without being intrusive. The food is cooked to order and the menu has a wide variety of both western and asian fare.

The laundry is very reasonably priced, something like an average of 50 cents per item and we used this service a lot. Some of our clothes came back a little stained, but nothing the washing machine at home won't sort out. The same can be said for some of the towels and bedding - some seemed a little old and stained. However, this does not claim to be a luxurious 5 star resort and you get what you pay for - a more basic level of comfort is to be expected in most hotels in central Siem Reap.

They also have a lovely little swimming pool with a few sun loungers and a little massage room off to the side. Good for some quiet rest and relaxation after a day out exploring. The restaurant and surrounding terrace also have a certain rustic charm about them, which we really liked.

Overall, this hotel offers a good, basic standard of accommodation which we found comfortable and very reasonably priced. The friendly and helpful staff as well as the convenient location are what really make the hotel great and when we come back to Siem Reap next year we won't hesitate to book again. I can't imagine spending my time in Siem Reap anywhere else!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We stayed at this hotel while visiting Angkor Wat. We were met at the airport and driven by Tuk-Tuk to the hotel, where we were given a large air-conditioned room with 2 queen beds, a balcony, and a 4 piece bathroom. The hotel showing some wear,but the pool was spotless, rooms clean, the gardens lush, and the staff gracious and helpful. Because it was low season, the restaurant was closed, but breakfast (included in the price of the room) was hot and plentiful - a good start to a day of exploring. The hotel arranged for a guide and driver whose company, insight, and ready supplies of cold bottled water were much appreciated. We exchanged several emails with the manager to ensure we had the room and services we needed. The quoted price was a fraction of the high-end hotels and resorts that are only a few minutes closer to the Angkor Wat Park.

Room Tip: Remember to remove your shoes prior to entering the room as this is a Buddhist country. There is a t...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I don't have any major grips about this hotel. The staff were great, rooms were fairly clean. There were a queen sized bed and a single in my room. The sheets on the single weren't clean(appeared to have coffee stains on the covers). I didn't sleep in that bed.

The location was near Pub Street. They provided free wifi, it was spotty at times but to be expected given the country. I ate breakfast in the morning and there were several items on the menu. Not a huge breakfast but satisfying nonetheless.

I didn't do to the pool, but after a long day at the temples; decided to have my laundry done. I don't remember the price exactly. Maybe I paid $2 or $3 bucks.

Overall it was a pleasant stay. Super nice staff and good location nearl Pub Street if you are into that. The bed cover is probably the only gripe I have. But hey, it's Cambodia and I'm still in awe of Angkor Wat.

• Stayed: January 2014