“Nice family vibe”

Victory Guest House
Ranked #113 of 507 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 June 2014

It's a nice family guesthouse situated on a quiet street off the main road. It has a really nice family vibe to it and it's quiet. I stayed in the other building across the main one. I was there in April, it's hottest month and the ac wasn't strong enough. The room is basic, spacious and somewhat clean. It's a good 10-15mins walk to Pub street, which is like Bangkok's Khao San Road. There's plenty of other restaurants too if you wish somewhere quieter. Also, the guesthouse offer some really nice food too. I particularly liked their pancakes and Khmer noodle soups. I would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank L0stInWanderlust

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I was living in the room for 10 dollars, i'm not unpretentious in the living, interior is not important for me. But it was very clean and comfortable room. I was sleeping so good.
First of all i love the friendly and warm atmosphere there. I love breakfasts there. I even love the big dog which was sleeping in the restaurant and laundry there.
It's beautifful and comfortable place.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank katyabezborodova
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed here as part of a tour of Cambodia and this was one of the best. Basic rooms but very clean and the combination of air con and wall fan is the best for people who don't cope in humidity well.

Clean and spacious rooms. However the shower, sink and toilet are all one room. We needed some washing done and we had two full bags and it only cost $1. Just be sure to check what you get back. We missed a few things but once we realised they were quick to sort it.

Overall, a great location and the main street and bars/restaurants are a short walk away.

Room Tip: Any floor...still no lift and fairly steep steps
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Camilla R
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I dread writing negative reviews. In fact, this is my first ever. I feel the need to share my opinion here since so many reviews are quite different from my experience. First of all, Siem Reap is amazing and this is one of my favorite places on earth. There are a TON of hotel options, and most are extremely inexpensive. Victory is priced around $12USD/night, but even at that price, it is just too dirty. Our room was cute, but the walls and bathroom were disgusting. It looked like someone threw a live animal at the wall and it exploded. And after a long drive from Phnom Penh, I couldn’t even bring myself to use the bathroom. The hallways were also filthy, and it was not fun walking to our room barefoot. Every other place/country/city in Asia had immaculate floors, so this was a total shock. We took our bags back downstairs immediately, they kept our monet for that first day, and we found another hotel to stay, which ended up being amazing for another few dollars per night.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
MoyK4, Manager at Victory Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Customer,
Thanks so much for spending your time on it.
I was unhappy when I saw this on my page because you said it was your first time in siem reap . You said you stay at my guesthouse ( Victory guesthouse ) and on hallways and bathroom was filthy like someone threw a live animal on the wall but I said it is not my guesthouse because I have check every day with my staffs and I re painting every year so I think 100% it is not my guesthouse . I think you stay the next my guesthouse call tirpadvisor angkor villa because they are behind my guesthouse and they do not put their sign on the road so when you saw my sign you think are both the same but it is not same . their guesthouse use water pump so that why the bathroom was dirty . You got a wrong like Japaness guy that they think our both guesthouse are the same so when they stayed there and lose the money the wrote on my guesthouse as you saw I reply on my page.
Thanks again for your time .
I will try all my best to welcoming you to stay at my guesthouse.

Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

I don't mean 'incredible value' in the way some people use it (cheap but not very nice). I mean its incredible that you can stay in such a friendly and comfortable for such a reasonable rate. Not just reasonable in general, but for all of Siem Reap. We stayed somewhere else for the first night that charged the same and was a couple levels below in quality. Victory was a very welcome surprise. Yes, the room got hot, but even with the extra money for AC it's still a great deal. There's even a couple adorable kids to smile at, and a scruffy-but-friendly dog that wanders in and out. We were sad to leave, but we had a flight to catch!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed at victory on three ocassions over the last year and each time I was made to feel very welcoming hence why I kept going back. The last time I stayed was for over three months while looking for an apartment in town as I was looking to set up home in siem reap. I can honestly say that moy and her staff take care of all your needs from the basic laundry requirements to visa arrangements nothing is to much trouble. If you are travelling alone or in groups the guesthouse is a great place to meet new people as the reception and breakfast area is also like a common room and buzzing with conversation I made many a friend here and was sad to leave. A very affordable and lovely clean family run guesthouse.. oh and keep a look out for Tom the resident tuk tuk driver and brother to moy he does great temple tours. Highly recommend this place to anybody visiting siem reap

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Paul H
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Moy and her sister, who run the place, will make sure your stay is comfortable and are endlessly patient with your queries. They're also quite honest with the questions you ask of tourist destinations within Siem Reap. I had a great time here and enjoyed my stay. Thank you for making my trip to Siem Reap comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo