“the best” 5 of 5 bubbles

Victory Guest House
Ranked #121 of 499 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
“the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

there were nice and kind services. so we could enjoy the trip. they helped all of the thing they could do. and the dishes were so delicious. but the wifi zone is only accepted cafeteria and terrace.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nuri S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Korean first
Knutsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed in Siem Reap fro 8 weeks in the spring of 2014. I worked as a volunteer with an English charity VPO at a school just outside Siem Reap. I spent the whole 8 weeks based at Victory Guest House. Moy and her staff made me feel so welcome and nothing was too much trouble. The room was large and clean, the AC and fan kept me cool at night and I slept well. My washing was done, tuk-tuks booked, and a cold beer was always available in the sitting area. Good wi-fi connection. A calm atmosphere but only a short walk to town. I will be back next year Moy.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Sue A
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

It's a nice family guesthouse situated on a quiet street off the main road. It has a really nice family vibe to it and it's quiet. I stayed in the other building across the main one. I was there in April, it's hottest month and the ac wasn't strong enough. The room is basic, spacious and somewhat clean. It's a good 10-15mins walk to Pub street, which is like Bangkok's Khao San Road. There's plenty of other restaurants too if you wish somewhere quieter. Also, the guesthouse offer some really nice food too. I particularly liked their pancakes and Khmer noodle soups. I would stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank L0stInWanderlust
Phuket, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

I was living in the room for 10 dollars, i'm not unpretentious in the living, interior is not important for me. But it was very clean and comfortable room. I was sleeping so good.
First of all i love the friendly and warm atmosphere there. I love breakfasts there. I even love the big dog which was sleeping in the restaurant and laundry there.
It's beautifful and comfortable place.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank katyabezborodova
Bradford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed here as part of a tour of Cambodia and this was one of the best. Basic rooms but very clean and the combination of air con and wall fan is the best for people who don't cope in humidity well.

Clean and spacious rooms. However the shower, sink and toilet are all one room. We needed some washing done and we had two full bags and it only cost $1. Just be sure to check what you get back. We missed a few things but once we realised they were quick to sort it.

Overall, a great location and the main street and bars/restaurants are a short walk away.

Room Tip: Any floor...still no lift and fairly steep steps
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Camilla R
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

I dread writing negative reviews. In fact, this is my first ever. I feel the need to share my opinion here since so many reviews are quite different from my experience. First of all, Siem Reap is amazing and this is one of my favorite places on earth. There are a TON of hotel options, and most are extremely inexpensive. Victory is priced around $12USD/night, but even at that price, it is just too dirty. Our room was cute, but the walls and bathroom were disgusting. It looked like someone threw a live animal at the wall and it exploded. And after a long drive from Phnom Penh, I couldn’t even bring myself to use the bathroom. The hallways were also filthy, and it was not fun walking to our room barefoot. Every other place/country/city in Asia had immaculate floors, so this was a total shock. We took our bags back downstairs immediately, they kept our monet for that first day, and we found another hotel to stay, which ended up being amazing for another few dollars per night.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
MoyK4, Manager at Victory Guest House, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Customer,
Thanks so much for spending your time on it.
I was unhappy when I saw this on my page because you said it was your first time in siem reap . You said you stay at my guesthouse ( Victory guesthouse ) and on hallways and bathroom was filthy like someone threw a live animal on the wall but I said it is not my guesthouse because I have check every day with my staffs and I re painting every year so I think 100% it is not my guesthouse . I think you stay the next my guesthouse call tirpadvisor angkor villa because they are behind my guesthouse and they do not put their sign on the road so when you saw my sign you think are both the same but it is not same . their guesthouse use water pump so that why the bathroom was dirty . You got a wrong like Japaness guy that they think our both guesthouse are the same so when they stayed there and lose the money the wrote on my guesthouse as you saw I reply on my page.
Thanks again for your time .
I will try all my best to welcoming you to stay at my guesthouse.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

I don't mean 'incredible value' in the way some people use it (cheap but not very nice). I mean its incredible that you can stay in such a friendly and comfortable for such a reasonable rate. Not just reasonable in general, but for all of Siem Reap. We stayed somewhere else for the first night that charged the same and was a couple levels below in quality. Victory was a very welcome surprise. Yes, the room got hot, but even with the extra money for AC it's still a great deal. There's even a couple adorable kids to smile at, and a scruffy-but-friendly dog that wanders in and out. We were sad to leave, but we had a flight to catch!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple