“Very nice and clean!”

Shadow Angkor Residence
Ranked #109 of 508 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 June 2013

If Siem Reap was real fun for me, Shadow of Angkor contributed a lot to this.
The Guesthouse is clean, perfectly situated, gives an access to the swiming pool in their other building 10 minutes by walking away from this one (Shadow of Angkor II).

It's located 2 min away from pub street and all bars/restaurants/night life.

They arrange the visit for you to Angkor Wat if you want, help you with the entry pass, and stay with you the entire day to show you everything that you need to see. If you want detailled info, of course you need an official guide, but if you're not an achitecture afficionados, and just curious about Asian culture, then it is way more than good enough!!

Enjoy your stay here!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 May 2013

We chose this hostel after reading about it in Lonely planet. But since we got high expectations we got a little bit disappointed.
The Hostel has a great location but otherwise there is nothing special about it. The breakfast is a little bit over priced and we found it strange to pay 5 dollar extra for a balcony you share with other people.
But the Staff is nice and the rooms are OK.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike L
Reviewed 7 April 2013

I only stayed at Shadow of Angkor I for one night because the hotel I wanted to stay in was fully booked until the next day. It was ok, nothing exceptionnal. Location was great, staff was friendly. Communal area was fine, with a view over the river. But the room I got wasn't great at all, it had no window and was really small, and it was noisy (I could hear someone watching television). From what I see on the pictures, the other rooms looked much better! Try to avoid the room I got, I was on the highest floor (after climbing two flights of steep steps), when you turn left it is the last one at your right.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I love hotels with balconies and views of rivers , so I really liked this gem of a hotel in the older part of the town. The staff in the hotel and in the restaurant were great, always helpful and friendly. the room was large and clean and very good value.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tntcrews
Reviewed 10 March 2013 via mobile

I don't normally review hotels but in this case it's due to other travellers...
Booked a room with balcony as advertised online weeks in advance, when we got here the room was not available but they could accommodate us in another, cheaper, room, full of Mosquitos and other animals, then promised a possible change later, then also the other room was gone but they would spray ours, etc. etc., resulting in a colossal loss of time and finally changed for another, much better hotel for a cheaper price. The city is full of reasonably priced, much better value hotels.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Nico C
Reviewed 30 January 2013

We found the staff of lovely guest house courteous and helpful. . Our room was clean and we had a balcony, computers just outside our room. . The air conditioner was a little archaic as it was on or off, not thermastatically controlled. . There were tuk tuks available (at a cost) to ferry us where we wanted to go and the driver was very helpful when we asked to visit Angkor Wat. He took us straight to buy a ticket (they only accept cash at the ticket box by the way) and told us the best Wat's etc to view. He knew the bargain 'eateries' and etc. . . The restaurant attached to the guest house was good too. . I have had much better meals elsewhere, but the meals were tasty and quite adequate.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 December 2012

We booked the guesthouse online, they replied quickly and kindly answered all of my questions, We didn't need to pay the reservation quarantee, though I'm a little worried about it, but it proved that they run the business based on trust.
We stayed in the triple room with a balcony, the living room on the 2nd floor is nice, I enjoyed sitting at the table on the balcony. The whole guesthouse is clean, the room's small but tidy. and the location is great.
Regarding the money we paid for it, I think it's worthwhile.
The staff's always smiling and very, very helpful.
This is the guesthouse I will go staying if I shall go to Siem Reap again!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends