“very unhappy”

Angkor Temple Guide Private Day Tours
Ranked #64 of 831 Tours in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Owner description: Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,Angkor Temple Guide Private Tours (ATG) is a group of senior experienced,professional tour guides who have been guiding visitors to Angkor temples since 1995 and I am Tes Chhaya, a founder and I used to work as a teacher of English in high school in Siem Reap as well. Our services are customized for visitors who love independent and private tours. Please let us arrange your tours in Angkor such as accommodation booking, transports, tour guides, meals, itinerary and so on. We guarantee the best quality service of reasonable price very informative tour guide with fun and safe trip.
Nerang, Australia
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“very unhappy”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We organized our 2 day tour and pickup from the bus station. It was all confirmed with all details. We got off bus with no one to pick us up.We found our own way to hotel and then contacted Chhaya ,which he replied he didnt have confirmation and couldnt organize tour at this late a time.
I have the email with the confirmation.
Once you get to Seam Reap there are plenty of options thru your hotel to organize ,so all is ok, but dissappointed thinking we were organized. If you are going to book with Chhaya triple check the confirmation before hand ,as we feel very let down.

3 Thank purplestamp
Chhaya T, Owner at Angkor Temple Guide Private Day Tours, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Valued guests,

It was a technical error of my the communication between the guests and my operation, we have been contacting each other a few emails, but finally I lost it, because of network error, cuased your confirmation mail did not reach my Inbox, or haven't got the reconfirmation. I am trying to improve my service of communication, hope it will not happen again.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Excellently Conducted Tour”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Our tour guide, Tokla from Siem Reap Rooms Tour, made the visit to the temples come alive with his meaningful historical narrative. He was patient and did not rush us through the tour but instead spent time with us explaing the signifiance of each section that we visited. I sensed that Tokla is a Camodian who is very proud of his heritage.

Sihanoukville, Cambodia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Get a guide”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

The day with my guide was superb, perhaps a big long, but well worth the money. I got a driver and a guide for $70 for the entire day, including pick up from the airport the day before and being dropped off. I am traveling alone so by around 3ish I was a little templed-out, especially being the only one listening/asking questions. Some of the temples were so teeming with people as to be very frustrating. Massive tour groups certainly don't have much consideration for others who are visiting, but my guide managed to keep us away from the bulk of crowds.

Angkor Wat for me was it. After so many Buda's/Visnu's etc. it got a bit old. Angkor Wat, however, revived the day and truly was magnificent. If you can only do one temple, do this one. It's the most popular for a reason and really that much more impressive than all the other ones.

I still don't understand really why they took so much trouble to build them, but what is a king to do with 40,000 odd slaves?Just give them the day off?

1 Thank Elliottnavy
Birmingham, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“Great tour guide and interesting experience”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I would recommend this to anyone who hasn't got many days in Siem Reap and wants to see the temples. The tour guide was great and was very knowledgeable and always on hand to explain all of the temples. I emailed the company the day before we wanted to start the tour and they were able to accommodate us. The tour covers all the main temples and also includes a few secluded areas away from all the crowds which was great. Private care, free lunch and water after each temple were nice additions. Well worth the price!!

Visited October 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Forest Hills, NY
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“AWESOME AND EXTREMELY ACCOMMODATING TOUR GUIDE”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Two friends and I hired Chhaya for a two day excursion in Siem Riep. Highlights below:

- PUNCTUAL: He showed up exactly at the designated time when he said he would on both days.
- ACCOMMODATING: He really took his time to explain all of the historic sites to us and knew so much about everything and anything. He also changed up our itinerary when we mentioned wanting to go to the floating village. He also had a bunch of cold waters for us in his trunk for us whenever we were thirsty and took us to great restaurants during the tour.
- OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Chhaya took us to a lot of temples that are off the beaten path and not visited by a lot of tourists. And for the huge ones like Angkor Wat and the other one from the Tomb Raider movie, he knew what times to go to beat the crowds.
- AWESOME PHOTOGRAPHER: Our group took THOUSANDS of pictures and he was so patient with us and offered to take them for us.

Wish we could have packed packed him with us for the rest of our Asia trip!

Visited October 2013