“Great flexibility to give me the tour I wanted”

Siem Reap Taxi Driver Day Tours
Ranked #18 of 276 Transportation in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Owner description: Dear all travelers, my name is Chan Phoeung. Everyone calls me Mr. Chan. I am a Tuk Tuk and car taxi driver for Siem Reap, Angkor Wat, Phnom Penh, and Cambodia in general. I speak English and Khmer (Cambodian), and can help you with all of your vacation needs. I can pick you up from the bus station or the airport, arrange your travel itinerary, and bring you to tourist attractions as well as local Cambodian. Please check my official facebook page for more information: "Mr.Chan Siem Reap Taxi Angkor Wat Tours".
New York City, NY, United States
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Great flexibility to give me the tour I wanted”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The multitude of temples of Angkor Wat each seemed extraordinary in pictures and guidebooks that I wanted to visit ALL of them but I only had two days in Siem Reap. I emailed several guides and drivers with excellent TripAdvisor reviews to find who could give me what I wanted for the best price with had fast replies indicating reliability in my mind. I went in the off season (burning hot 24 hours a day) so availability wasn't much of an issue. I read all the history in advance and it became clear that to see it all on my timeline I needed a driver not a guide which also made me happy because prices were lower. Mr. Chan was quick to respond, wrote well in English and agreed to my plan with his AC car. He picked us up at our hotel at exactly 5am as indicated in our emails giving us plenty of time to get to the site, buy our passes and get a good spot for sunrise, which everyone says is a big deal but I now think is really overrated. His Hyundai van is clean, spacious and most importantly the AC gets cold fast. Mr. Chan knew the route between temples well, dropping us off at one side and picking us up at the other so we didn't need to double back. He frequently checked to see if we needed any cold water bottles that he provided as part of his service. We drank several but never ran out in our 10 hour day. He also knew all the free bathrooms in the site which was important when drinking all that water. We ended up seeing the inner loop and outer loop (except for banteay srei) for a total of 15 different spots in the one day, being young and fit but still taking hundreds of pictures this is possible but probably not recommended. I didn't want to miss Banteay Srei but didnt want to pay full price for a car again so we had Mr. Chan arrange his friend Smartie to take us there in a Tuk Tuk the next day, along with the three sites in Roluos since they are part of the Angkor pass. Cambodia is filled with friendly people and Mr. Chan & Smartie were among the best we had the pleasure of meeting that made our vacation so enjoyable.

Visited May 2014

• Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Amazing Cambodia Experience”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We had a truly memorable and enjoyable holiday in Cambodia with Mr Chan Phoeung showing us in and around Siem Reap over 2 days, the mysterious and historical Angkor Wat, Taphrum and other ancient temples, the intriguing culture and lifestyle of the locals at the Floating Village, the beauty of the sunset over Tonle Sap and the very interesting operations of the silk farm.
Mr Chan speaks well in English (American) and was extremely helpful, reliable and considerate. He even arranged transport to take us to and from Phnom Penh.
Ho family
Malaysia

Visited February 2014
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Best tuk tuk driver in siem reap”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

It was our first time in cambodia, we booked 2 days with him, if you want to see cambodia you just book with Chan.
Amazing tuk tuk driver and great person. He shares his knowlogde about living in Cambodia, history, shows local life.
We went to sonle sap lake, angkor wat, city,

Visited May 2014
1 Thank jollytravelchick
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent introduction to Cambodia”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Chan organized a brilliant 2 day experience focused on the temples of Angkor. He was always prompt and did everything with a smile. Our guide through the temples (his name is Pisa, not sure of spelling) was outstanding. He is a wonderful communicator with an amazing depth of knowledge about anything historical and spiritual. Again, always calm and gentle, happy to answer any question - a great ambassador for his country.

Visited April 2014
Manila, Philippines
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Travel, not tour, guide”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

If you're looking for the best way to see Cambodia, contact Mr. Chan. What makes the tour special is Mr. Chan shares with you information you wouldn't find anywhere else on the internet. You get an informed, passionate, local perspective. He also gives you a taste of how the locals live.

We booked a one day tour of Preah Vihear, Koh Ker Temple and Beng Mealea. He threw in a free airport pick up. On the way to Preah Vihear, he treated us to breakfast at a local stop along the way. The highlight of this day tour was Preah Vihear. It was beyond amazing, and the view, it was overwhelming. He shared with us the history of the temple and his people, which made our visit there even more meaningful.

After our tour, he took us to a local restaurant for dinner where no tourists ate at. It was a hotpot dinner which we found to be satisfying, healthy, and filling. The next morning, He took us to a local market to try some local snacks, drove us around the city, and helped us fix our money issue (My friend lost her wallet in Vietnam so we had to have cash wired from home).

We also decided to book him for our Angkor tour. Boy, was it worth it! It's incredibly hot and humid in Siem Reap, so we didn't mind paying extra for a pristine clean air-conditioned car instead of an open air tuktuk. Again, he shared the history of the country, as well as how things have (or haven't) changed in the present. You not only get an idea of their past, but also their current political and economic state.

We absolutely enjoyed our trip in Cambodia, thanks to Mr. Chan. He didn't make us feel like we were tourists, like we were on a tour. It was like we were traveling with a friend. Thank you, Mr. Chan. Hope to see you again soon!

Visited March 2014