“An interesting day and driver”

Siem Reap Taxi Driver Day Tours
Ranked #16 of 299 Transportation in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Owner description: Dear all travelers, my name is Chan Phoeung. Everyone calls me Mr. Chan. I am a Tuk Tuk and car taxi driver for Siem Reap, Angkor Wat, Phnom Penh, and Cambodia in general. I speak English and Khmer (Cambodian), and can help you with all of your vacation needs. I can pick you up from the bus station or the airport, arrange your travel itinerary, and bring you to tourist attractions as well as local Cambodian. Please check my official facebook page for more information: "Mr.Chan Siem Reap Taxi Angkor Wat Tours".
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Mr. Chan is a good transport choice. His command of the English language is above average. While he is not a licensed tour guide, he has great information to share about the sites and sights. We would have enjoyed even more opportunities to learn about the local culture and sights we were observing as we drove as he has interesting things to share. He was kind enough to accompany us in the Koh Ker area, taking photos of us and hunting tarantulas for us to play with. His political discussions offer an alternative to what histories you may have read and are interesting but atypical. We found him safe and expert in his driving, never passing in blind or exceptionally risky conditions, just the normal harrowing Asian close calls that are a sign of local driving knowledge and expertise. He is willing to head out earlier to help you avoid the heat, which we would highly recommend as it also gives you privacy at Koh Ker. We would recommend skipping lunch at the restaurant he recommended across from Beng Mealea as it was not up to the standards of most simple roadside tourist cafés. We did not receive what we ordered, the girls were indifferent about the problem, the spider in the dirty bathroom huge, and the cockroaches inquisitive and prevalent. Maybe bring a snack.

1  Thank Y1964oung

Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Mr. Chan was our driver for the 5 days we were at Siem Reap. He was very friendly and reliable throughout the entire trip. He is very knowledgeable about the temples and always gave us an introduction to each one before dropping us off. Mr. Chan spoke excellent english and went above and beyond our expectations. He always offered us cold water and even brought us fresh mangoes and dried mangoes from his home. We definitely recommend him and will choose him to be our driver again in the future!

Thank you Mr. Chan!
-Isaac & Janet (Vancouver, Canada)

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Chan Phoeung is one of the big reasons our trip to Siem Reap was a resounding success.
Every traveller looks for someone reliable, dependable and above all honest and fair to show him around. Chan is your man.
He will tailor your itinerary according to your needs and make very constructive suggestions while doing it.
He made my dream of seeing Preah Vihear and Koh Ker temples in one day possible.
He suggested we start at 5am, and we did. We covered 500km in 12 hours, saw Preah Vihear, Koh Ker and Beng Melea all in one day!
And it was not a hurried trip at that, I got sufficient time at all places.
I had enquired from a number of people advertised here on Tripadvisor before arriving in Siem Reap but none of them were willing to do it in a day. Chan was the only one and he delivered!
I was accompanied Pissa Chem, his brother-in-law, who was a great guide throughout the trip. He is very knowledgeable and made the trip so much better with his anecdotes.
Thank you Chan for a wonderful experience and I hope many more people benefit from your wonderful services.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Mr Channn!!!!!We booked him fr 2 days and i would say he is a very nice, awesome, accomodative and down to earth person! He brought us around angkor wat and to sight see the villages, grab some awesome cambodian mangoes, coconut and nt forgeting catch some beer over some conversation! To sum it all, a great tour guide!! Thank u so much Mr Chan!! Ur highly recommended!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

The multitude of temples of Angkor Wat each seemed extraordinary in pictures and guidebooks that I wanted to visit ALL of them but I only had two days in Siem Reap. I emailed several guides and drivers with excellent TripAdvisor reviews to find who could give me what I wanted for the best price with had fast replies indicating reliability in my mind. I went in the off season (burning hot 24 hours a day) so availability wasn't much of an issue. I read all the history in advance and it became clear that to see it all on my timeline I needed a driver not a guide which also made me happy because prices were lower. Mr. Chan was quick to respond, wrote well in English and agreed to my plan with his AC car. He picked us up at our hotel at exactly 5am as indicated in our emails giving us plenty of time to get to the site, buy our passes and get a good spot for sunrise, which everyone says is a big deal but I now think is really overrated. His Hyundai van is clean, spacious and most importantly the AC gets cold fast. Mr. Chan knew the route between temples well, dropping us off at one side and picking us up at the other so we didn't need to double back. He frequently checked to see if we needed any cold water bottles that he provided as part of his service. We drank several but never ran out in our 10 hour day. He also knew all the free bathrooms in the site which was important when drinking all that water. We ended up seeing the inner loop and outer loop (except for banteay srei) for a total of 15 different spots in the one day, being young and fit but still taking hundreds of pictures this is possible but probably not recommended. I didn't want to miss Banteay Srei but didnt want to pay full price for a car again so we had Mr. Chan arrange his friend Smartie to take us there in a Tuk Tuk the next day, along with the three sites in Roluos since they are part of the Angkor pass. Cambodia is filled with friendly people and Mr. Chan & Smartie were among the best we had the pleasure of meeting that made our vacation so enjoyable.