The best thing about the hotel was the price it offered per night (we stayed 3 nights) and the fact they have airport pick up service. The location is also quite ok as well as the decor of the hotel. Nice to have an option to spend time on rooftop even though the swimming pool located on top was quite small and the water was extremely cold.
Unfortunately there have been quite a lot of problems during our stay:
1. Pick up service - I booked 3 rooms for 6 people and what was our surprise when we saw that 1 tuk tuk was sent to pick up all 6 people and our huge luggage. How could they think it will fit in one small tuk tuk? In the end the driver organized 2nd tuk tuk
2. There was one huge misunderstanding regarding tuk tuk tour around Angkor Wat that we booked with them. I especifically asked a lot of questions to ensure we see what we want to see and imagine that in the beginning of this trip we passed through Angkor Wat and the driver did not stop. We stopped him and asked - what the hell is the tour about if we don't even stop by the most important temple in Angkor!? Be very cautious about their tours. For 18-20 $ per tuk tuk, you can really expect a lot! I know one thing now - better take a bike! You will save a lot of dollars and nobody would tell you what to do!
3. Do not eat on rooftop. We thought why we always receive cold food. In the end of the stay we realized that the food is being carried from ground floor kitchen to the 5th floor when the rooftop is located.
4. Breakfast was very poor and it is was not worth it's price - 5 USD / person.
5. The staff was hard to communicate and hard to deal with once they made some mistakes. They only smile and smile and that is their answer for everything.
6. Bedsheets and towels smelled very badly and we only realized that once we left the hotel, got to Bangkok and unpacked our things - we needed to send them all to laundry.
7. The rooms were not very clean to be honest. I needed to move my very heavy bed as the charger went under it and then I discovered how much dust and dirt is there under it.
Overall, I would not stay there again. I would prefer to pay more and have a nicer spot to relax without any problems.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Okay Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.