“EXCELLENT Customer service of Lotus Blanc Resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lotus Blanc Resort

Lotus Blanc Resort
Ranked #27 of 339 Hotels in Siem Reap
Pasig, Philippines
“EXCELLENT Customer service of Lotus Blanc Resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

We arrived at Cambodia kinda late at night (10 P.M) but we were so glad that hotel staff was already there and warmly welcomed us. So fantastic! no waiting time for our free hotel transport. very VIP treatment.

At the hotel, we were given cold towel and welcome drinks. We were also accommodated by the manager and briefly explained to us about the tour (we availed 2days tour) or our two-day activities then took us to our room. Again VIP treatment.

Part of our hotel accommodation is daily complimentary buffet breakfast. What we like about the breakfast is there are plenty of options (western, asian, Cambodian/local food and pasta). They also have bread section, noodles and egg section. What we think that the hotel can improve is the taste and additional cuisine. And also I hope the hotel will consider a more systematic process for the egg section since some other cultures does not respect the idea of first come first serve basis.

The tuk-tuk driver (Kimhoir) arrived on time and the Manager (Jenny) instructed the itinerary to him. We are pleased by how Kimhoir drove cautiously all the time. He also somehow served as the tourist guide. =) He took us to all our itineraries and will just wait outside. He speaks also English well. Communication wise, good.

We just don't like the first restaurant where we were taken for lunch. Its Triple K restaurant. We thought that a US$ 8 for ala carte food and US$2 drink was not justifiable. But we have no choice since we were taken there and we were already starving. We are just certain that we are NEVER coming back to that restaurant. Aside from very minimal serving, it is expensive compared to the advice of fellow tripadvisor reviewers. We understand Kimhoir since it's the restaurant near the area (Angkor Thom). So for dinner, we asked Kimhoir to take us to PUB STREET. We went to RED PIANO. OUR RECOMMENDATION! Big serving for ala carte but just costs US$3-7 but really yummy! We also like the ambience. Going back to hotel will cost you US$ 3 (PUB STREET is quite far from the hotel and we asked other tuk-tuk drivers and $3 is the standard/fix price) but Kimhoir is very kind enough to take us back to hotel for only US$2.

We also like our room which is really spacious (the room we got even has comfortable sofa where we seat while watching t.v or eating), double-sink and glass bath door AND private balcony where you can enjoy the view of the pool and garden area of the hotel.

Souvenirs are also available but needs more improvement since very minimal choices.

Customer-service is truly EXCELLENT. 5-STAR EXPERIENCE. The manager also allowed us late check-out. Very considerable. Free airport transport was also provided.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

From the moment we were picked up from the airport in the hotel's private limo, to the moment we left, we were delighted with this hotel. The staff, the service and the FOOD were absolutely marvellous!!
It was my 40th birthday treat, and upon our arrival, we were upgraded to a suite.
The room was very clean, great size, and beautiful decor.
The menu/food at the hotel was excellent. Breakfast was superb, and the lunchtime menu was so exceptional, we decided to stay by the pool (for lunch) on several occasions.
The staff were extremely courteous, helpful and knowledgeable, especially Dany (the Host manager).
The oversized salt swimming pool was an absolute joy to come back to after a hard day of trekking around the temples.
The hotel itself was located 5 - 10 mins from Pub Street/ Old Market, which was easy and cheap to get to as there was always a tuk-tuk waiting for us.
We really could not find fault with this hotel, and was actually a bit reluctant to leave at the end of our holiday.
I would thoroughly recommend this hotel!!!

2 Thank David J
Chilliwack, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in this amazing & beautiful hotel. We were traveling with a group of 35 adults & it wasn't until the first morning, having breakfast listening to everyone rave about their rooms, "double sinks", "all glass showers", "modern fixtures", that we realized we were occupying an old, badly in need of repair suite. Located on the 2nd floor, overlooking the courtyard to the pool, the view was nice. The bathroom was all granite with a badly stained counter, floor tiles were cracked, the single sink was tired & the step in tub/shower had caulking that would stand up when it got wet plus it was growing a nice crop of mold throughout. The nice black kind! We toughed it out for the remaining evening.
All other amenities were great. The lobby & restaurant are huge, bright & clean. The morning buffet has many choices. The pool & outdoor bar area is an oasis. See my attached photos.

Room Tip: Overlooking the pool is a nice view to have. Check out your room before lugging your bags to the doo...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I booked a room for 2 nights and in the end I spent the whole week at the resort.
I really enjoyed the service, the swimming pool and gym, very good breakfast, large & comfortable room, the massage, etc.

With the low season promotion it"s really worth it

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank LIN B
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

My wife and I have travelled expensively across about 40 countries so far. The Lotus Blanc Resort was definitely one of the best hotels we have stayed at. The room rates were great value, rooms generously sized, clean and well maintained, and the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. We were given complimentary transfers to and from the airport, a fruit basket and even given a room to use after check out while we waited 7 hours for our flight. I highly recommended this hotel for stays in Siem Reap.

1 Thank DennyC80
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

The Lotus Blanc served as my home for two weeks this August as I was engaged to do some voluntary work in Siem Reap and needed to stretch my budget. They offered me a nightly rate of US$40 per night nett with breakfast. Jenny, one of their guest relations officers picked me up at the airport in their hotel limo.

The hotel itself is not in town but located on main road to the airport anda is US$2 tuk tuk ride away from the noise of Pub Street and the town proper. The property was taken over by the present hotel owners about a year ago and they have managed to keep in in pretty good shape overall. i was upgraded to a deluxe room on the second floor. The room itself was generously sized with:-

a king/queen bed,
ample pillows,
bedside lights for reading,
flat screen tv,
tea/coffee making facilities,
small refrigerator
two small bottles of mineral water daily,
bedside telephone,
coffee table,
one armchair,
large wardrobe,
bathrobes and slippers
electronic safe,
free wifi
luggage rack,
large long table below the tv for all your things
bathroom toiletries,
various towels
two sinks
wc and walk in rain shower

There was a balcony as well but the view of the pool was obstructed by trees. I used the balcony to dry some of my laundry. The hotel also has a fairly large gym room and a spa (dry spa). The property has a fairly large courtyard with a shaded garded, patio and a large pool , poolside bar as well as steam room (shared - but seldom used).

The restaurant offered daily buffet breakfast and was also open for lunch and dinner on an ala carte basis. Food was generally of average/good quality but I felt that they could have varied the breakfast items…after two weeks I could name you each and every item, though I must say the Cambodian noodles which I had daily, were excellent.

The pool was a bit of a disappointment due to the water quality which tended to vary and which i attributed to perhaps a design as well as a equipment problem. Nevertheless the hotel made arrangements for me to use their sister hotel's facilities i.e. the Borei Hotel, apparently a five star property with a fully wet spa facilities, whenever I wished.

Staff at all levels were always very courteous, polite and helpful. I even had the opportunity to have lunch with their General Manager at the Foreign Correspondents Club.

Jenny was always on hand to ensure that all my personal and transportation arrangements were seen to and to ensure that I felt really comfortable and "at home".

Across the hotel there is a small market where you can purchase some fruits and other personal items. Lots of tuk tuk waiting outside the hotel or across the road from the hotel.

I understand that the hotel will be undergoing a makeover/renovation some time this year perhaps and that should be a refreshing change.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

Had an unexpectedly awesome experience at this hotel. My mother and I decided to book this hotel because of raving reviews and wasn't disappointed. On our arrival we were greeted warmly by the hotel staff, and was served by a wonderful host name Jenny.The room we had was nice and clean with free fruits provided. The beds was a little on the hard side, but other then that it was all right. The bathroom was decorated and designed with a modern homely feel to it which I like. The room we got had a balcony which was facing the courtyard and pool. Overall I thought the rooms are nice and homely, with only the bed and loud air conditioning being the only downside.

The hotel has a pool and steam room which I didn't get to try. Also there's a gym which has a decent amount of equipment (22 kg dumbbell weights, cardio machines and an exercise machine that can do shoulder/legs/chest). The hotel has a bar and restaurant and the breakfast was a standard affair with the addition of a couple of local dishes. My mom thought the noodles there were great. We had dinner there one night and found the food to be standard.

On our last day we were escorted by Jenny to the airport. Half way there my mom wished she could've gotten some lotus roots to bring back. I was surprised that Jenny actually told the driver to stop by a garden grower and get some! I was astonished by their hospitality and would definitely come back again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family