“A good place to stay”
Review of Lotus Blanc Resort

Lotus Blanc Resort
Ranked #32 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Enjoyed the stay here. Staff friendly and helpful, willing to go the extra step for you if needed. Laura was helpful with our checking in and out. They want to put in personal touches to the guests' visits. Beds were comfortable and rooms spacious. Grounds are pretty. The walls are thick, that means you don't hear your neighbors or thumping from running or heavy feet from the room above. Would have given them excellent rating but they can improve from the breakfast buffet. There is a wide spread of items to cater to both Asian and western tourists. But coffee was lukewarm and some of the food items were not hot. I think the waffle batter needs to be changed, we can get them a better recipe than the one they used. Had dessert and drinks which were acceptable. If you contact them in advance, they will pick you up from the airport for free. I did that via email. The return to the airport was free as well and all you needed to do was to contact the receptionist. Considering how young the country is with regard to catering to tourists, the hotel has done very well. Would stay here again and would recommend.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ETLK

Reviewed 23 December 2013

We stayed here for three nights on our honeymoon in December. The grounds and the pool were very clean and well presented and the included breakfast was fantastic.

However, the rooms left a lot to be desired. Our room wasn't very clean, the bed was hard as a rock, the temperature control wasn't working (either the AC was on and freezing or off and boiling hot) and we didn't have hot water in our shower.

Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travel271
Reviewed 20 December 2013

"Wow. Amazing."
Said that when we checked in, while we were there, and when we left.
Never have I met such accommodating hosts and staff that bend over backward to assist you. Special thanks to Sambath and all the other Concierge Hostesses... you are all amazing. What you can expect:
-extremely luxurious accommodations at ridiculously low prices
-awesome pool with poolside service
-personalized consult to determine your ideal tour plans and excursion
-amazing breakfast and dinner (didn't have lunch at the hotel)
-staff is beyond helpful... they truly want you to have the best time possible

Storms happen... our flight out was delayed until 11pm and they luckily had an open room they allowed us to stay in until time to depart.

About a $2-$3 tuk tuk ride to Pub Street... important thing to note: even with all the other great options out there, all the locals and tuk tuk drivers we talked with said the Lotus Blanc is THE BEST resort in Siem Reap.

Couldn't recommend this place more.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 December 2013

a very good hotel. excellent rooms and bathrooms, very nice pool, good restaurant and good breakfast. We also got an excellent kmer massage. Very helpful staff. We went on our own and at the hotel rented a car with driver and guide. The only set back was the breakfast box they offered a day that we left very early, the box contained bread butter, jam, a croissant, a sausage and a piece of bacon, but there was no knife, no napkin no beverage. We complained to the manager and he said that he will look into it, i hope they did.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I cannot fault anything about this hotel. From arrival I was warmly greeted with a welcome drink and shown up to my room (clean, modern, fresh and had a delicious fruit platter). Breakfast was a delight with every type of breakfast desire rs provided for.

The staff did everything to please the customer. After an evening spent in Siem Reap I returned to find a house gecko in my room, fearing it jumping on me in the night I rang reception and within minutes two housekeepers attended and got rid of it. The following day I was rather bothered by a frog which jumped a few centimetres from me during the storm whilst I sat at the poolside bar. My screams were met with a worried waiter who got a dustpan and brush and moved the frog far away. Whilst such events provided entertainment for the staff (and I agree that I am a silly white tourist) I was not made to feel silly and I commend their professionalism and service.

This hotel is fabulous and I recommend highly.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Well I have to tell you that i was a little charmed by the sincere effort that the smiling staff made to help me enjoy my short 3 day stay here in Siem Reap.
I had made an effort via email to have their shuttle waiting for me on arrival...however, that didn't work and I ended up paying 2 bucks for a back seat on a motorcycle....nothing like pulling rup to a swanky hotel with a backpack on the back of a motorbike...
The hotel is located along the main road coming into town...(about 10 mins to the airport and 10 more mins to 'Pub Street area)
I was quick to complain to Panith who greater me with his broad smile at the front door... I could see that he sincerely felt bad about the mix up(it really wasn't a big deal)... and sat me down offered me a refreshing coconut drink and said he would comp me a massage in the hotel spa.... well that was a great way of defusing me.....
I was escorted to a very comfortable room on the top floor overlooking a park like setting with a Hugh swimming pool...in the room they had prepared a plate of a number of their local fruits.
The room had french doors leading to a balcony the room had a large flat screen TV and a safe...bathroom was fine...although the ladies may find the tub a little small.
As I've suggested in my title, I believe what impressed me most was the effort made by the staff to accommodate...eg...Panith my plane dosn't leave until 5 pm.....no problem...use your room until 3...we will get you to the airport on time.
....in the dining room (a very fine full smorg breakfast was included each morning) ...the young lady or man would great me by using my name!... 'Mr. Brian"...well it wasn't exactly correct but I was impressed.
You can catch a tuk tuk to town(pub street area and night market) for 2 bucks (most transactions are done in American dollars (you will get any change in Cambodian Riels...about 4000 to the dollar
They do have free wifi but you may have to locate yourself in thelobby as i am doing right now.
Siem Reap of course is base camp for the temples(Angkor Wat,Thom etc) and my advice would be to just let you hotel staff help you with those arrangements...it might cost you a few bucks more but they earn that in saving you the hassels that go along with negotiating on the street.
$40 for a 3 day pass...about $30/day for English speaking guide...$18/day for the tuk tuk...give them a little tip if they do a good job....
Hope you found this helpful

Room Tip: Well I'm on the third floor (that's the top) and that would be my first choice
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Brian S
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Stayed five nights Dec 2013, and lived up to most of the reviews previously posted.
Outstanding were the service and food. On the service side everybody was overwhelmingly friendly, helpful and efficient with very good English language at almost all levels. The restaurant was on a par with anywhere I have ever eaten, variety and quality were great and the presentation and care absolutely outstanding at both lunch and dinner. Taste is an individual matter but we tried the Khmer presentations most nights and were delighted with the meals, we do not enjoy tongue burning chilli hot dishes and the Khmer cooking was entirely to our taste, the subtle flavours infused all of the dishes and all were wonderfully complimentary to each other.
Not having much time we took the 'elegant' package that was inclusive of a wide range of services and included all meals, tours 24/7 taxi,personal guide etc. not to mention daily massage and cocktails. Initially hesitated at the higher price but delighted that we chose to take the package, it was excellent value and we had virtually no other costs for our stay there. For instance temple passes were provided which were $40 per head for 3 day pass, boat trips etc. all included, overall great value.
Our host was also Mr. Panith Toun who greeted us on arrival and was there for us to provide any assistance or advice, as was Jenny who we now count as a friend.
Our hotel provided guide was Mr Danith and the driver Amatac, both excellent. Mr Danith (or Daa for short) if you are lucky enough to secure him you are in for a treat, his knowledge of the area and history is extensive and his English amazing, he would frequently use English architectural terms that I swear most Brits would not know. He was prepared to adjust itineraries to suit us at a moments notice and his sense of humour made him a great traveling companion.
Only area of the hotel that is not right up there is the building is getting a little tired, clean and more than functional but a bit dated and worn in parts, totally compensated by the efforts of the staff. Pool is 25m and great for early morning swim or post trip soak, the surrounds are really pleasant. We would definitely stay there on any return visit to Siem Reap.
Thanks to all the staff for a wonderful experience

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple