“Great place to stay for your Siem Reap holiday”
Review of Lotus Blanc Resort

Lotus Blanc Resort
Ranked #32 of 343 Hotels in Siem Reap
“Great place to stay for your Siem Reap holiday”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

If you want something better than a bed and breakfast, and care for some luxury and attention. This is a great place to stay. The price is very reasonable for what you are getting. From the moment the Guest Manager (Jenny, thanks) greeted us with a smile at airport pick up, you know they are serious about making your stay comfortable. From your travel plans, to food, to your room and flight time, the hotel will make all effort to accommodate your schedule. The rooms are great with what you expect of a luxury hotel. I will recommend this for whoever wants a relaxing and comfortable stay. Reason for not choosing this ? Location wise, it is 4/5 as you are still 5-10 mins away from where you would want to be at night (market street, pub street) so expect to ride there and back daily (it is cheap and easy to get) if you like to do night shopping and chill at local pubs and restaurants at night (i think most holidayers were there). And maybe price, if you are on a budget, the guest house are definitely cheaper.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 31 December 2013

The website did raise my expectations for Lotus Blanc a fair bit. When I arrived at the resort, I was pleasantly surprised that most of that expectation was met. When my friend and I arrived, we were immediately greeted by hotel relationship manager Roberto. He was extending his warmth and hospitality to us and welcoming us to the stay at this resort. Roberto was very genuine in his handling of customers and that took me by surprise.

Just minor observations I had about the property. I was told that Lotus Blanc was opened about a year ago. However, my observations of some of the furnishings and decor doesn't give the modern feel of its portrayal. So there was a bit of the expectation-reality gap there, but it is not a huge one.

Whatever the hotel lacked in, they definitely more than made it up in terms of service. Wherever we went, there were smiles and greetings. The pool was wonderful for lazing around, and we ordered pizza which arrived promptly.

On the day of our departure, we were dining at the hotel restaurant and it was my friend's birthday. I decided to buy a cake to surprise him and the restaurant staff took it a step further and presented him with a birthday song as they came in with they cake. This has definitely surprised us pleasantly and left a good impression on us.

Thank you for the lovely stay in Siem Reap, and thank you Roberto for driving us all the way to the airport. Something that I wasn't expecting and would definitely not get in other hotels. :)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Sandton, South Africa
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We arrived in Siem by bus and I had arranged to be picked up at the bus stop. As soon as we got off the bus there was a driver and a hospitality manager Sambath waiting to welcome us. The vehicle used had AC and during the drive to the hotel we got a bit of information on the town and market area. Once we arrived at the hotel we were seated and given a welcome drink, check in was a breeze and we were lucky to be upgraded to the Suite which was so spacious, clean and comfortable. From arrival until departure every staff member is ready to greet and smile and offer help. We lounged by the pool in the afternoons which is peaceful. The coconut ice cream is amazing and I will always wish for more. There's a steam room and a spa. We had a 60 min massage which was good at a special price of $26 there about. Being pregnant the therapists took extra care of me to ensure I was comfortable.

The breakfast is sufficient and for the price it is well worth it. Egg station whips up good omelettes and the pancakes were perfect. We did not book any tour with the tour desk however their prices on comparison are similar.

The hotel is a mere 10 minute drive from the airport so do not rush to check out especially if you have checked in on line as the airport is fairly quiet and small.

Tuk-tuks were available at all times to take us into the night market/ pub street area.

Sambath was what made our stay just that bit extra special, she remembered our names and chatted with us when she saw us and was always willing to help and very professional.

The Christmas songs were a bit too much however I guess it was to create an atmosphere for the guests. After a long day of Temple touring it was lovely coming back to our big suite or sit by the poolside to relax. Highly recommended especially for the price per night.

We really appreciated the willingness of all the staff who were always willing to assist us.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sofiah D
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Nice resort with friendly customer service. The staff helped arrange for driver and an English tour guide for a 2 days tour around. The price of the tour seems high at first via the hotel but upon research the price is competitive with other private tour groups. The first day of tour was relatively close to the hotel eg Angkor Wat, etc the price of an English translator was US$30 and the car rental US$35. This does not include the admission pass into Angkor (US$40) and tip for the driver and translator. The second day of tour was further away from the hotel (~45 mins drive) eg floating village, etc the price of an English translator was US$40 and the car rental US$45. This does not include the rental cost of boat (US$20) and tip for the driver and translator. You can reach a majority of all the destination points via tuk-tuk if you want to save money. The staff that helped plan the tour may seem a little pushy however its just to make sure you see all the destination points. Make sure you have in mind what destination points you want to see and just tell them when and how you want to get to there so that the staffs will arrange it for you. Make sure to have some small denomination US currency on hand for eg tuk-tuk. The hotel does not keep much small denomination on hand and the tuk-tuk drivers do not have enough money to break large bills. Continental breakfast was alright even though there were different ethnic foods served, the western food side was not tasty. Internet service was slow and kept on going in and out. The massage service at the hotel was great. I had a 90 minutes massage for US$55 however you can get massages much cheaper on the streets eg. 1 hour foot message for US$5. The hotel is situated along a strip of hotels you do need a tuk-tuk to get around. It cost US$2 to travel via tuk-tuk to city center where all the food and shopping are located.

Room Tip: If you see any bugs in your room tell the front desk and ask them to change room. The front desk wi...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 28 December 2013

My partner and i are on our honey moon and This hotel continuously surprised us and out shone any other hotel we stayed in throughout south east Asia from the moment we arrived. Our perfect little get away began with a warm welcome of beautiful coconut juice and warm friendly faces. They were detetmined to make our stay special and memorable and that they did! We were upgraded into the premier executive room which is absolutely stunning! Spacious beautiful detailing and finishing touches of wood carvings and bed art made of flowers and towels was only the beginning. The bathroom was very nice and the shower head above felt like rain with the pressure and big head that we could both fut under. We looked further and discovered they gave US a free bottle of champagne that tasted superb, Which I found very lovely. The staff left the room and said they would bring the bags up in a minute, and to our surprise instead of our bags we were greeted at the door with two staff holding a love heart chocolate delecioud cake with a candle in it! They took beautiful photos of us before leaving us for the night to settle in.

Our stay only got better from there. We had the best night rest of our whole trip, sleeping on a big comfortable bed with proper pillows! This is Quite rare in asia as most of you will know. We then went down to breakfast and were surprised again being greeter with a buffet breakfast of five star quality! Everything you could possibly want is there and only differed slightly each day for some new tastes which I found great. Mr Ty was outstandinh and always pulled my chair out and put my napkin on me. with all the other breakfast staff so friendly and always Willing to help breakfast left me so full and satisfied everyday!

On the second night we were very upset that we would have to leave the next day as the hotel was full and were preparing for our return to a lower quality living... Again the hotel surprised us in the morning with a phone call saying we could stay an extra night! We were so excited and grateful and can't thank the staff enough for all their help and hospitality and allowing us to stay longer. Thank you thank you thank you!!

Furthermore, I have scoliosis and my husband and I have massages very often so we are quite picky. However The spa was fabulous and professional and one of the best massages I have had in SE asia. Tharry (not certain) one of the spa staff was always smiling and very happy to help us. One day we asked for a 90 main massage and only received 60. Upon our brief discussion with her she immediately offered us a 1 hr additional free to apologise. The conflict resolution of this hotel was outstanding and very professional and demonstrated the staff have been trained very well!

On our last day they gave us a late check out and told us if we need any help to let them know.

Our experience here was indeed unforgettable and the staff and facilities are the main culperates. All staff are professional friendly and always willing to help. They all need to be rewarded for the excellent service and experience they fostered for us. A few staff names include Linna, you hy, jenny, Christina and Mr Ty. Thank you all for being so warm and welcoming towards us! We never wanted to leave.

If you need anything Sambath was exteremely helpful, beautifully friendly and looked out for us the whole time we were at lotus blanc. She is Full of Information for anything you need and very proud of the hotel which I admire and am ever thankful for.

The only negative comments I have is that the hot water could last a bit longer and that one day house keeping left our door slightly open by accident. However it was only for about 15 minutes as we came back and nothing was taken! If anything it made me trust the staff and hotel much more as nothing of ours was touched and we realised there are cameras everywhere.

Overall this hotel is a must if you are visiting siem reap! The quality to cost ratio is excellent and the staff couldn't be any better. This hotel is of a five star standard and we will definitely be telling our friends to come here. We are very sad to be leaving and will.always remember the accommodating personnel and facilities of lotus blanc. If we are ever back here this is where we will stay. Don't look any further for another hotel. Call lotus blanc your home away from home on your own little get away. Its definitely worth it and a fabulous experience.

Thank you all lotus blanc staff for everything you did for us. We are forever grateful and will forever remember our time with you. This hotel is like finding a diamond amongst the rocks. Thank you again.

• Stayed December 2013
Beto Carrero World, SC
Reviewed 28 December 2013

When I stayed in this hotel, I could have a deep sleep and get rid of stress. The room is always comfortable and clean. The breakfast is good condition and offers lots of kinda food. People so kindful. Surely, Nice rest in t the room. Specially, Mr.Roberto who is the manager in that hotel did care about me well. I suggest to you that manager. He has a good maner. I had good days. Enjoy the travel.

• Stayed December 2013
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Not sure where to begin... We booked our stay here last minute, and they were extremely responsive and accommodating which gave us a solid first impression. We were picked up at the airport, and again all felt great. Then we got there.

The hotel was completely covered in very tacky Christmas holiday decorations (think Christmas Vacation), and had awful Christmas music on repeat all hours of the day and night. The moment we checked in we were told that the pool was being closed off the following day due to preparations for a holiday gala ($75/person buffet with an awful band who's sound system crapped out at one point!!). It would have been nice if they had mentioned that the pool would have been closed at the time of booking...

The free breakfast was awful. I applaud their efforts to cater breakfast to the different cultures who are visiting (they had chinese, japanese and american style breakfasts) but all of them were bad. On the american buffet for example, they had a plate of raw bacon and sausage out within reach of the guests; it probably would had been a better idea to have the cooked bacon within reach, no? Not to mention that the bussing staff was undertrained as well. My wife and I were early risers, and often in the dining area with no one else there. More often than not we found we needed flatware, or replenish our coffee, or our tables were missing salt etc, all the while the staff was standing around.

The only redeeming point here, is that the staff were extremely nice and very kind. I got more of an impression that they had little to no guidance, or were under-trained.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Corey S
LB2015, General Manager at Lotus Blanc Resort, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
I would like to extend my personal thanks to you for taking time to comment on our facilities /services during your recent stay with us.

It is with regret to learn that you found our breakfast, Christmas decoration not up to your standard, and we apologize for the inconvenience caused. We took the matter very seriously and working out with our team to ensuring such arrangement be improved in the future.

Sorry that that we could not do enough whilst you found our product/services did not meet your approval, and our team would have offered another option to meet your expectation during the stay if the matter has brought to our management attention.

Once again, my sincere apologize of the inconvenience caused and hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future, kindly drop me a line directly

Sokvanna HANG