“A little bit disappointed with the room”
Review of Lotus Blanc Resort

Lotus Blanc Resort
Ranked #36 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I check this hotel with Trip Advisor and the hotel web page. My room had nothing to do with the pictures shown there!!
Nevertheless it was quite a good stay. Excellent and friendly staff, great pool and bar. Breakfast was incredible!
I wish I could have stay at the deluxe room shown on the web site. My room was spacious and very clean but it definitely did not look AT ALL as the one on the pictures!!!

Room Tip: Pay attention!! Rooms shown on the internet page do not look the same as the ones on the hotel!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Alex1426
There are newer reviews for Lotus Blanc Resort

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Mr Tripadvisor recently conferred the honor of Senior Reviewer as I have written the prescribed number of articles to qualify. I have proven that I am a grumpy old man when it comes to a lot of my communiqués but the Lotus Blanc showed me that I do have balance when I am confronted by a hotel that exceeds my expectation.

This Hotel only cost $50 a night and my strenuous advice is if you are looking for a hotel to stay, just book here. The staff are fabulous, the breakfasts are gourmet, the rooms are beautiful and the facilities are great. I think it is rated as a 4 star but it is 5 star in my books. Unlike some of the upmarket hotels this place has free Wifi with simple login and password. The big Chains should send their VPs for a stay here. They could learn a lot - I am talking to you Hilton.

It is a $3 USD Tuk Tuk ride to the old Market area in the city where the main businesses seem to be Massage and Tuk Tuk hire. Also there is a lot of art and jewelry that can be purchased too. Cambodia seems to have abandoned their own currency in favor of the USD and even the ATMs dispense dollars.

The Hotel also has it's own car that for a small fee will take you too the Angor Wat Temple. My friend and I left the hotel at 5:00 am and were at the Temple shortly after whereupon we purchased Entry tickets and then saw the Sunrise plus the Temple arriving back at the Hotel before 8:00 am in time for Breakfast. That seems to be the smart way to do it if you're fair skinned and don't want to get sunburnt or suffer heat exhaustion through the day. The hotel driver was a diligent chap who quickly found us when we exited the Temple bundling us into his air-conditioned limo and bringing us back to the lap of luxury purchased with our hard earned $50. (Anywhere else in the world this place was worth $300 a night)

So I've included a few holiday snaps taken on the iPhone, check them out and do yourself a favor and go. It's the best value for money I have come across.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mark S
Reviewed 29 March 2014

My wife and I went with her brother and his family (3yo and 6mo) and we all had a fantastic experience. All of the staff go out of their way to accommodate us. The spa facilities were excellent. They have a very nice pool with a well stocked bar. All meals served are delicious. They are able to provide you with round trip transportation to & from the airport as well as setup transportation and guide for Angkor. The beds are relatively comfortable, albeit on the firm side. I think this is pretty standard for this part of the country, however. The rooms have a/c and very nice bathroom facilities. I'd highly recommend this hotel for anyone traveling to Siem Reap.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank musinj6
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I stayed in this hotel with my wife for a vacation and trip to Angkor wat.

The hotel has a great value, very well trained staff and good service.

The hotel has a very good environment and give support at all times to the visitors.

We will come back at this nice location for a visit to Angkor

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Henry G
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Stayed at the Lotus Blanc Resort for two nights. To summarise this stay was GREAT VALUE. for $60 USD for a room that accommodates three people with breakfast included is value. The hotel is nicely designed, well maintained with many employees tending to every need. Room are spacious and clean with nice wooden floors. Room have a nice view of the pool and of the many palm trees. Breakfast buffet is awesome with many choices.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dawnthai_
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

The location of this hotel is great, it's very large (hence "resort"), but is a bit run down in some areas. Could be a little cleaner, but fair enough for a few nights. Very friendly staff, great guest services, good food and wonderful spa facility.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank stblender
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I enjoyed my stay at Lotus Blanc a lot. Like others have commented, the best feature of the hotel are the staff. Everyone is friendly and helpful. Rooms were big and very comfortable. The pool was large and relaxing. Breakfast buffets were great. Would definitely return.

Room Tip: Anywhere except the ground floor, where the rooms don't have views.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo