“Our lovely stay @Mulberry Boutique” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mulberry Boutique Hotel

Mulberry Boutique Hotel
Ranked #53 of 339 Hotels in Siem Reap
Singapore, Singapore
“Our lovely stay @Mulberry Boutique”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

Mulberry is a small boutique hotel near to centre of town in Siem Reap. Owned by two enterprising Thai ladies and a Cambodian partner has many things going right for it.We were there between 21 -23 Dec and already the festive spirit was evident. Wonderful decor, excellent landscaping-lovely tropical garden awaits you after reception, modest pool area and good private ambience all over. Staff is very friendly, speak very good english and always there to assist wherever possible. From Airport Pick up to drop everything went very well. Breakfast in the morning was sumputous and attentive staff made it very pleasant for a leisurely start.Our family room was well laid out with appropriate facilities king size bed on mezzanine level and twin beds at lower level, lovely rain showers in both bathrooms . Mattress in all beds was fresh and firm.Linen was changed every day !

Pub street, Old and Night market are a very short walk from Mulberry. Eating Khmer food outside in smaller restaurants on pub street was our choice but I believe the hotel does have pretty good facility for meals.

If you are looking for a quiet well located hotel @Siem Reap, seriously consider Mulberry.

Room Tip: Look out for the H series rooms facing the pool
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank aakhanna

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Irvine, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

The Mulberry Hotel is a rejuvenating oasis in the midst of bustling Siem Reap's Night Market and Pub Street districts. A boutique hotel by design showcasing traditional Khmer architecture, lush landscaping and tasteful decor, I greatly enjoyed Mulberry Hotel's intimate and tranquil experience. I could not have been happier with my decision to stay there.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, and attended to all my needs (and more!). Vanya was so helpful in ensuring that everything was ready before I even got to Siem Reap (and arranging for transportation from the airport and tours of the temples).

My favorite spot in the hotel was the restaurant, which is located next to the lush and green courtyard. The food was beyond excellent and hygienically prepared, and ensuring peace of mind in our dining experience (we had slightly unpleasant experience eating at a restaurant in pub street where utensils were not thoroughly cleaned). The wait staff were all courteous and tended to our every need. Merck, the restaurant manager, always aims to please and is ever so gracious and charming.

The massage service was also thoroughly relaxing. We were given the option to have the massage at the Cabanas overlooking the sizable and very clean lap pool or in our hotel rooms. I chose the former and was treated to an hour of pure bliss.The therapists were all excellent and very professional- all for only $15/hour (a little high for Siem Reap, but in my opinion, a guaranteed divine experience in a setting that is unparalleled in city). In my many years of travelling in Southeast Asia, Mulberry offers a unique, Khmer luxury hotel experience that rivals the larger luxury hotel chains. I strongly recommend anyone visiting Siem Reap to stay at Mulberry Boutique Hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Tarrygon83
Lagos, Nigeria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

What a great hotel! Lovely people, completely trustworthy, in centre of town, walking distance to night market and Pub Street. They have family rooms, with two single beds at ground floor and a huge sofa, which can easily sleep another two people. On the mezzanine they have a king size bed with separate bathroom. LOVELY!

Room Tip: If you are travelling with children, take the family room!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

If you are looking for a relaxing and serene time in Siem Reap while still close to all the actions of downtown, you have to stay at the Mulberry Boutique Hotel! I walked in and was so surprised to find this oasis. The beautiful tropical garden and the pool had such a tranquil vibe that made me feel like I was in a secluded resort. The hotel is conveniently located in the heart of downtown where all the nightlife (Pub Street!) and the Old/New Markets are within walking distance.

I stayed in a beautiful spacious bi-level suite (2 full size beds + 1 queen size bed + 2 full bathrooms) with clean modern amenities. One of my favorite spot in the room was the sofa big enough to comfortably fit three of us adults to unwind after a late night out of town.

After an amazing but tiring tour of the Ankor Wat, the pool was the perfect place to relax and cool off. I got a foot massage right by the pool with a glass of mango shake made on premise. Don't think I could've ask for a more ideal vacation.

Mulberry also has an amazing food menu. My favorite dishes were Pad Thai, Fish Amok, and Beef Lak Lok. I tried the same dishes at other restaurants but they weren't quite as good as the ones made by Mulberry. I would not have minded only eating those three dishes during my 4 day stay.

And I couldn't be happier with the staff. Vanya was so helpful with everything even before I got to Siem Reap and during my stay. She helped me arrange all my tours and gave me awesome recommendations of things to do in Siem Reap. Merck and the other staff were attentive to all my needs and just so polite and always smiling.

I strongly recommend Mulberry Boutique Hotel to everyone who has plans on visiting Siem Reap.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank OutOfFocus9x
Rio de Janeiro
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

Excellent stay, cozy and intimate hotel with an excellent staff! Our stay was not perfect because during our check-out, I had to pay in cash as the credit card machine did not work. If I did not have the $ 457 I had to disburse, this situation could have been embarrassing.

Room Tip: I strongly recommend you to stay at this hotel!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
HK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

pleasant, attentive, helpful and friendly staff. recommended local restaurants and helped us make bookings.
hotel is very conveniently located, but hidden away from noisy traffic.
enjoyed the breakfasts here, even the packed breakfast was a nice surprise.
one negative point is that there is a water leakage problem in bathroom and the floor title is slippery when wet.

• Stayed December 2013
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

We stayed here from Nov 27-30, 2013

I would describe this hotel as a little oasis. It's a small hotel located about 10 minute walk from the center of the market, so it's a bit quieter. It's down a narrow driveway, behind a school. All the rooms are located around an in-ground pool that was pretty much empty when we were there. The staff were attentive and the bar makes great mojitos and egg rolls. The free wifi was great and the hotel arranged for a free shuttle to the airport when we left. The only hiccup was our air condition. It was dripping water. The hotel kept fixing it but the problem repeated.

I would definitely recommend this hotel. I tuk-tuk driver in Siem Reap are very aggressive and you have to constantly negotiate prices with the merchants, so be aware. They also don't discount much because of the western tourist willing to pay higher prices.

Room Tip: Our room was V-2, right in the bar area. The enclosed pool lounger was right outside our door. It...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple