“Best stay during our hole trip”

Golden Butterfly Villa
Ranked #6 of 521 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 May 2013

This was definitely best accommodation during our tree week trip in Cambodia and Thailand. Great prices, great rooms with air-condition and fan, extra polite stuff, free coffee and tea and good food. I would like to thank everybody that was making our stay really nice and memorable. We got complementary drink when we arrived and 30 minutes massage. We were enjoining so much that we stayed one day longer.

Sandra

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank milksnake
Write a ReviewReviews (1,430)

Reviewed 30 April 2013

I've been traveling for several months now in SE Asia and this was one (if not THE) best stay yet. Pros: Location was great, staff was very friendly, rooms were spacious and air con was a plus
Cons: Right now there's construction next door - but only during business hours.

Room Tip: Top floor room is much bigger....though there all those stairs to conquer!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DMC4466
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Our stay there was really fantastic , the staff was friendly and very accommodating .they offered us a free Tuk Tuk from bus station or airport. We were greeted with a nice cold lime drink and banana and dessert . The rooms were air conditioned and free wifi was a plus, we were also offered a free 30 min massage.which was fantastic after the Angkor visit. Food in the restaurant is resonable from 1-4 USD . Full body massage for 3 USD for 1 hour. The hotel also offer tours 11 - 14 dollars USD for a whole day for one Tuk Tuk . We had 4 person and they charged us an extra dollar. The hotel is walking distance from the night market and pub street , and old market. Book them on their website, they will confirm you . You only play after your stay. the room cost us 15 USD a day.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I booked the Golden Butterfly through their website and received an email the following day for confirmation.

They arranged a free airport transfer using a local Tuk tuk which was a great way to enjoy the 20 ride to the villa at 9pm.

Night staff greeted me with a warm welcome, free drink, peanuts, and a dessert which was delicious.

Check-in was simple and the night concierge took my bags to my 2nd floor room. He had turned on the air conditioner so that when I made it up to my room it was nice and cool.

The room was clean, spacious, and down right comfy. Air-condition, fridge, TV, Wifi, Hot and cold shower, and even a little balcony.

The staff here is very friendly and they speak good English which is very important as sometimes trying to communicate in Cambodia using English can be a challenge if you don't speak the local language.

Every time you arrive back from a hot adventure they offer you a cold towel, cold tea, and a piece of chilled fruit. Perfect welcome home I must say because Siem Reap is incredibly hot.

The staff is attentive but not intrusive. They are able to help you with questions and suggestions about where to visit and what to expect locally.

Other than the staff I have to say that the first reason I chose Golden Butterfly was their rank on TA, but what sealed the deal was their location. They are located just 500 meters from Pub Street which is where most of the action in this little town happens. The distance is just close enough that you can walk there and at the same time you can enjoy the peace and quiet that Siem Reap has to offer.

On my last day I was supposed to check out at noon which was going to be troublesome for me because I flight out wasn't until 1030pm that night. Luckily the front office staff Mr. Tekea was able to accommodate me for a late check out at 8pm! Thank you so much!

It's these little things that make the Golden Butterfly an excellent choice for your future stay. I have 6 friends traveling to Siem Reap in September 2013 and I insisted that should stay here.

Hope this was helpful to you and enjoy your Siem Reap Adventure. I know I did.

-Dennis

Room Tip: Ask for a roon at the 2nd floor as there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank GreaseMan
Reviewed 21 April 2013

My brother and I lodged there for two nights in April 2013. Drawn in by the pictures online that showed artistic and tasteful decor, I chose this hotel among others. We were more than pleasantly surprised upon our arrival - we were given complimentary welcoming snacks and also complimentary Cambodian massage coupons (2 for a double room). The place was clean, just as lovely - if not more so - than the pictures online, and our double room was provided with a very clean private bathroom, refrigerator, hair dryer, television, AC, and fan. They also have a nice restaurant with great food, not overpriced. The lobby has internet, and the staff can help you find a nice tuk tuk driver for a good price to take you around for various tours of Siem Reap (recommend to ask them to help you book for the tours, as their tuk tuk drivers are kind and not a rip-off like some others you may encounter if this is your first stay in Siem Reap). By far the best part of our stay was the kind and supportive staff who were our friends by the end of our stay. Hotel is also just across the street from Artisans d'Angkor and a five minute walk from the Old Market, Night Market and Pub Street (but it is far enough removed that the place is not noisy at night). This hotel is the cleanest, most artistic and friendly place around. Would definitely stay again and recommend to friends and family. :)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2013 via mobile

we, 2 couples in our 60ies landed in seam reap from bangkok to visit csmbodia tamples, and we picked this hotel based on trip advisor recommendstions. It turned out that in addition to all routine hotel merits, location, pleasant etc we were welcome with a big smile, and with genuin effort to make our stay as pleasant as possible
and the service was the best one can get with every respect one can think of! Breakfast was simple and tasty, and dinner was perfect. The sheff there is one of its kind. We wish that we could have stay much longer .

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 19 April 2013

The rooms are spacious and clean and the entire staff is very friendly and helpful! We had a room on the 4th floor with great views of the city. They greet you at the lobby with an ice cold, minty towel and a cup of cold jasmine tea upon returning after a hot day of viewing the temples and it is heavenly.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple