“Highly recomended”

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Highly recomended”
Reviewed 4 May 2013

Hi,

This hotel is one the best I have ever seen. Room are very well arranged with a nice and warm design. The staff is really attentive. The room is upper clean. The whole for only 16$. And there are also many little extra (free pick up service at your arrival, 1picnic for your first day trip in Angkor,one free massage 30min, one snack "tea-fruit" to welcome you). They also offer tuk tuk service from 11 to 17$ a day (depends on small or long tour), which is a good price,in my opinion.
I live in Viêtnam and I have never seen a such hotel for a such price. I would just reproch the restaurant service is a little bit long (20-25min). Just be aware of this and order it when you wake up if you want to leave the hotel soon dor visitig Angkor. But definitely, if I come back to Siem Reap, I will come back to Butterfly.
Julien

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank julien g

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 May 2013

My friend highly recommended this place so when I booked, arrived at the bus station with tuk tuk waiting with my name , walked into the lobby being overwhelmed with how friendly and beautiful it was , I was sold. I lOVED the free 30 in massage, welcome drink and snacks and the cutest and most comfy room ever. Yes, a bit of construction during the day, but didn't bother me a bit. Also, let me add how great it was to have access to FREE BIKES, INTERNET, COFFEE AND TEA. Great location, near Pub St, Old Market, River, and more. Super happy I came :)

Room Tip: not in the back if possible.. sometimes noisy dogs at random times-- but i would stay here regardles...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Bex S
Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed 2 May 2013

This was definitely best accommodation during our tree week trip in Cambodia and Thailand. Great prices, great rooms with air-condition and fan, extra polite stuff, free coffee and tea and good food. I would like to thank everybody that was making our stay really nice and memorable. We got complementary drink when we arrived and 30 minutes massage. We were enjoining so much that we stayed one day longer.

Sandra

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank milksnake
Montreal, Quebec
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I've been traveling for several months now in SE Asia and this was one (if not THE) best stay yet. Pros: Location was great, staff was very friendly, rooms were spacious and air con was a plus
Cons: Right now there's construction next door - but only during business hours.

Room Tip: Top floor room is much bigger....though there all those stairs to conquer!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DMC4466
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Our stay there was really fantastic , the staff was friendly and very accommodating .they offered us a free Tuk Tuk from bus station or airport. We were greeted with a nice cold lime drink and banana and dessert . The rooms were air conditioned and free wifi was a plus, we were also offered a free 30 min massage.which was fantastic after the Angkor visit. Food in the restaurant is resonable from 1-4 USD . Full body massage for 3 USD for 1 hour. The hotel also offer tours 11 - 14 dollars USD for a whole day for one Tuk Tuk . We had 4 person and they charged us an extra dollar. The hotel is walking distance from the night market and pub street , and old market. Book them on their website, they will confirm you . You only play after your stay. the room cost us 15 USD a day.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Cebu
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I booked the Golden Butterfly through their website and received an email the following day for confirmation.

They arranged a free airport transfer using a local Tuk tuk which was a great way to enjoy the 20 ride to the villa at 9pm.

Night staff greeted me with a warm welcome, free drink, peanuts, and a dessert which was delicious.

Check-in was simple and the night concierge took my bags to my 2nd floor room. He had turned on the air conditioner so that when I made it up to my room it was nice and cool.

The room was clean, spacious, and down right comfy. Air-condition, fridge, TV, Wifi, Hot and cold shower, and even a little balcony.

The staff here is very friendly and they speak good English which is very important as sometimes trying to communicate in Cambodia using English can be a challenge if you don't speak the local language.

Every time you arrive back from a hot adventure they offer you a cold towel, cold tea, and a piece of chilled fruit. Perfect welcome home I must say because Siem Reap is incredibly hot.

The staff is attentive but not intrusive. They are able to help you with questions and suggestions about where to visit and what to expect locally.

Other than the staff I have to say that the first reason I chose Golden Butterfly was their rank on TA, but what sealed the deal was their location. They are located just 500 meters from Pub Street which is where most of the action in this little town happens. The distance is just close enough that you can walk there and at the same time you can enjoy the peace and quiet that Siem Reap has to offer.

On my last day I was supposed to check out at noon which was going to be troublesome for me because I flight out wasn't until 1030pm that night. Luckily the front office staff Mr. Tekea was able to accommodate me for a late check out at 8pm! Thank you so much!

It's these little things that make the Golden Butterfly an excellent choice for your future stay. I have 6 friends traveling to Siem Reap in September 2013 and I insisted that should stay here.

Hope this was helpful to you and enjoy your Siem Reap Adventure. I know I did.

-Dennis

Room Tip: Ask for a roon at the 2nd floor as there is no elevator.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank GreaseMan
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 21 April 2013

My brother and I lodged there for two nights in April 2013. Drawn in by the pictures online that showed artistic and tasteful decor, I chose this hotel among others. We were more than pleasantly surprised upon our arrival - we were given complimentary welcoming snacks and also complimentary Cambodian massage coupons (2 for a double room). The place was clean, just as lovely - if not more so - than the pictures online, and our double room was provided with a very clean private bathroom, refrigerator, hair dryer, television, AC, and fan. They also have a nice restaurant with great food, not overpriced. The lobby has internet, and the staff can help you find a nice tuk tuk driver for a good price to take you around for various tours of Siem Reap (recommend to ask them to help you book for the tours, as their tuk tuk drivers are kind and not a rip-off like some others you may encounter if this is your first stay in Siem Reap). By far the best part of our stay was the kind and supportive staff who were our friends by the end of our stay. Hotel is also just across the street from Artisans d'Angkor and a five minute walk from the Old Market, Night Market and Pub Street (but it is far enough removed that the place is not noisy at night). This hotel is the cleanest, most artistic and friendly place around. Would definitely stay again and recommend to friends and family. :)

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family