Golden Butterfly Villa
US$188
US$105
US$47
US$42
Anantara Angkor Resort(Siem Reap)
US$214
US$195
US$173
US$148
US$144
1,454 results
All reviewsfree massagenight marketcold teawelcome drinkpub streetangkor watbanana chipsone hour massagetuk tukkilling fieldssticky ricedvd playerno elevatorwet towelsold marketfree airport pickupstar service
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Back from Cambodia 10 days now, and God how I miss the lovely country with the world's nicest people. The Golden Butterfly cost us about $17 US a night. For that, we got a spacious modern and comfortable room. The restaurant (breakfast not included) had excellent food at great prices. Only advice is to request a lower-floor room if a four-flight climb is not your thing. Also, try to get a room facing away from the mosque, since the calls to prayer are quite soon after dawn. (Also some construction going on that side of the town which, as everywhere I've been in Asia, starts at daybreak, seven days a week.) Staff, like everywhere I've been in Cambodia, are unfailingly helpful, polite and funny. Now, if I could just shake the blues about being back home...

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DavidAsnieres_France
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Comfortable, clean, cozy, and homey...everything I need when I'm in a strange place. The friendly staff are genuinely glad to welcome and serve guests, the double room we had is more than enough for a family of four, and the food beats other restos in the Pub Street area, both in taste and price. The manager, Mr. Tekeu, was attentive, articulate and seemed to know his job very well. He asked me to give an honest review of his hotel. But I would have written this even without him asking. My family absolutely enjoyed our stay. When we come back to Cambodia, we'll surely find our way back home to Golden Butterfly.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 243john
Reviewed 4 May 2013

Hi,

This hotel is one the best I have ever seen. Room are very well arranged with a nice and warm design. The staff is really attentive. The room is upper clean. The whole for only 16$. And there are also many little extra (free pick up service at your arrival, 1picnic for your first day trip in Angkor,one free massage 30min, one snack "tea-fruit" to welcome you). They also offer tuk tuk service from 11 to 17$ a day (depends on small or long tour), which is a good price,in my opinion.
I live in Viêtnam and I have never seen a such hotel for a such price. I would just reproch the restaurant service is a little bit long (20-25min). Just be aware of this and order it when you wake up if you want to leave the hotel soon dor visitig Angkor. But definitely, if I come back to Siem Reap, I will come back to Butterfly.
Julien

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank julien g
Reviewed 3 May 2013

My friend highly recommended this place so when I booked, arrived at the bus station with tuk tuk waiting with my name , walked into the lobby being overwhelmed with how friendly and beautiful it was , I was sold. I lOVED the free 30 in massage, welcome drink and snacks and the cutest and most comfy room ever. Yes, a bit of construction during the day, but didn't bother me a bit. Also, let me add how great it was to have access to FREE BIKES, INTERNET, COFFEE AND TEA. Great location, near Pub St, Old Market, River, and more. Super happy I came :)

Room Tip: not in the back if possible.. sometimes noisy dogs at random times-- but i would stay here regardless
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Bex S
Reviewed 2 May 2013

This was definitely best accommodation during our tree week trip in Cambodia and Thailand. Great prices, great rooms with air-condition and fan, extra polite stuff, free coffee and tea and good food. I would like to thank everybody that was making our stay really nice and memorable. We got complementary drink when we arrived and 30 minutes massage. We were enjoining so much that we stayed one day longer.

Sandra