“Exceptional service and effort in spite of a few glitches”

Golden Butterfly Villa
Ranked #7 of 507 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Great location and rooms, impeccable cleanliness and a genuine desire to satisfy customers. In addition the massage given at the hotels are some of the best massages i have ever received and are incredibly cheap (and a welcome relaxation after touring the temples all day in the heat)

I stayed there for 4 days and there were a few glitches... Wake-up call not given, requested guide for tour left with other guests, a khmer breakfast was insipid and consisted of chicken and rice warmed up in a microwave. In addition the assigned tuk-tuk driver (with limited english) offered to change the second day tour itinerary in the middle of the second day without warning me of additional charges...

To be fair, the hotel manager and staff went through great length to atone for these hiccups and refunded me the price of one night...

So i look forward to returning to the villa on my next visit to Siem Reap and give it the Excellent rating it would deserve if there had been no or fewer glitches.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Lucc

Reviewed 9 May 2013

We stayed here for 6 nights. The staff were wonderful. The location was great, as it was an easy walk to Pub Street and surrounds as well as the markets. The hotel organised our ankhor trips and it was all very easy. If we ever return to Siem Reap we will certainly stay here!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank travellinmick
Reviewed 9 May 2013

5 of us friends were on a budget trip and found this amazing hotel after a 'recce' of 5 hotels. It is a tidy place and the staff were genuinely very warm and quite conversant in English which is a real boon in a country where English is not widely spoken. The rooms were very spacious, clean and comfy. Breakfast was complimentary and quite sumptuous. The staff arranged Tuk-tuks and taxis at competitive prices so we dint feel ripped off. The menu is limited but the food was very good and was presented just like the pictures on the menu card. The only downside being the wait time for the food was about 25-30 minutes as they apparently have only 1 cook (maybe due to non-peak season). They even threw in a 30 minute complimentary massage for all of us. At 18$ a day this is definitely a steal. I would highly recommend Golden Butterfly to everyone and not just to the budget conscious.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ujwal2013
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We loved this hotel, the staff were all amazing, really friendly and incredibly helpful. The hotel itself was very pretty, and in a good location (close enough to walk to restaurants and pubs, but not so close that it was really loud).

After a long journey from Kampot we were pretty exhausted when we turned up, the hotel picked us up from the bus station and when we arrived we got a lovely cold drink and some snacks. Staff helped us book tours to see the temples and even let us keep our luggage in a spare room on our last day as we were leaving so late.

My boyfriend wants me to add that the massages were amazing too!!

These were our last few nights in Cambodia (after over two weeks of travelling), and it was a great place to finish.

Jen

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JennaHK
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Back from Cambodia 10 days now, and God how I miss the lovely country with the world's nicest people. The Golden Butterfly cost us about $17 US a night. For that, we got a spacious modern and comfortable room. The restaurant (breakfast not included) had excellent food at great prices. Only advice is to request a lower-floor room if a four-flight climb is not your thing. Also, try to get a room facing away from the mosque, since the calls to prayer are quite soon after dawn. (Also some construction going on that side of the town which, as everywhere I've been in Asia, starts at daybreak, seven days a week.) Staff, like everywhere I've been in Cambodia, are unfailingly helpful, polite and funny. Now, if I could just shake the blues about being back home...

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DavidAsnieres_France
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Comfortable, clean, cozy, and homey...everything I need when I'm in a strange place. The friendly staff are genuinely glad to welcome and serve guests, the double room we had is more than enough for a family of four, and the food beats other restos in the Pub Street area, both in taste and price. The manager, Mr. Tekeu, was attentive, articulate and seemed to know his job very well. He asked me to give an honest review of his hotel. But I would have written this even without him asking. My family absolutely enjoyed our stay. When we come back to Cambodia, we'll surely find our way back home to Golden Butterfly.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 243john
Reviewed 4 May 2013

Hi,

This hotel is one the best I have ever seen. Room are very well arranged with a nice and warm design. The staff is really attentive. The room is upper clean. The whole for only 16$. And there are also many little extra (free pick up service at your arrival, 1picnic for your first day trip in Angkor,one free massage 30min, one snack "tea-fruit" to welcome you). They also offer tuk tuk service from 11 to 17$ a day (depends on small or long tour), which is a good price,in my opinion.
I live in Viêtnam and I have never seen a such hotel for a such price. I would just reproch the restaurant service is a little bit long (20-25min). Just be aware of this and order it when you wake up if you want to leave the hotel soon dor visitig Angkor. But definitely, if I come back to Siem Reap, I will come back to Butterfly.
Julien