“Great hotel!!!”

Golden Butterfly Villa
Ranked #6 of 507 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 January 2014

This place is amazing!!!! Since the minute you get there you have a great experience. They welcome you with a nice drink and snacks while they explain everything about your stay. The rooms are nice and clean and the staff is great! They are all really kind and helpful, there was not a single time they didn't greet us with a smile. The location is great too... Very near the Old and Night Markets and the Pub Street. Our room included breakfast and a complementary 1 hour massage which was really nice! We had a great stay there! If we had to complain about something would be the restaurant. The staff there are great but they tend to take a while to serve your order, not a big deal just keep it in mind if you have a tight schedule. Anyway, this is a great place to stay!!!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Wow what a welcome we got when we arrived.... Loads of information (maybe a little too much after a long car journey) but all can be forgiven because the staff here are just so friendly... I wanted to take them all home, they are so sweet and work really well together as a team! We also got a welcome drink and snack which was very tasty.

The rooms were large and comfortable however I wasn't too keen on the 'towel' style bed sheet but it wouldn't put me off recommending this place. The other downside to this hotel is that it is right by a school so quite noisy but helps you get up for your day of sight seeing. I also feel the price could include breakfast in line with most of the other hotels we stayed in, however the price does include a 1 hour massage which was a nice treat after a day at the temples.

Overall I would stay here again for the service alone!

Room Tip: Maybe a room on the right side, away from the school.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Its the most amazing experience I ever had in a Hotel. This place has a 5+ star service , the staff are exeptional effecient and friendly, I cannot recommend this place highly enough in my own words.Location was also perfect and very convienent, rooms with nice furniture and comfortable beds, we were also offered a free massage which was absolutley amazing , I would recommend this place to anyone as they will have a great experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 January 2014

The Golden Butterfly Villa in is an excellent choice for visiting Siem Reap and the temples of Angkor Wat. The Guest House is located very close (5 minutes walking distance) from the restaurants and bars on Pub Street yet it is on a quiet cul-de-sac. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. They can arrange for inexpensive tuk-tuks (or cars) to visit the temples and also provide free bicycles for guests
Plus Points:
Air Conditioning
Very Clean
Good Beds
Hot Showers
Save Deposit Box in Room
Free Bicycles
One free massage per stay!
Friendly Service
Good (and inexpensive) Breakfast
Free Coffee, Tea and Bananas anytime

Minus Points: None!

Room Tip: We liked our front-facing room (East, sunrise!).
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2014

This hotel is a complete surprise, the most gorgeous looking building and the staff are exceptionally helpful and charming. We had a lovely stay here, with everything arranged for us by the hotel staff. Couldn't recommend it highly enough. We travelled with our two children and we had separate rooms - perfect.

Room Tip: We had a room with a balcony which was great, the kids had a regular room without a balcony which wa...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Loved our stay at the Golden Butterfly Villa! You've read the reviews, this place is great, so I will cut straight to the chase...

1)Service, service service. The staff is amazing. They learn your names, they ride with you to the airport when you had to go pick up lost luggage, and they ship you items when you leave them in the safe. 5 star service! oh, and complimentary 1 hr massage :-)

2) Location is awesome- literally 2 mins from main road where everything is happening. Close to all restaurants and pub street. Laundry service right on the corner $1 for 1kg of clothes-- done the next day.

3) Rooms are the perfect size. Includes safe, air con, tv. The ONLY negative I have about this place is there was no hot water when we took showers. I haven't read many people mention this, but it did kinda suck. Maybe all hotels in the area have this issue and it is a given....?

4) Food is good and convenient. Always get the local breakfast vs western-so good. Khmer curry was delish too. They give you a free picnic lunch (pastries) for you to take to the temples which is very nice.

There is a school next door and the kids just sing and sing and sing all day (learning???) Not a problem if you are out and about during the day like us.

This place rocks-book now :-)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NextVacay
Reviewed 19 January 2014

If you are lucky enough to get a room at Golden Butterfly when you need it, look no further. You will not find a better location or place to stay than this marvelous hotel. What a wonderful group of warm and friendly people, who do every thing to make you welcome and comfortable. Nothing is too much for them. On arrival you are greeted with a refreshing lemon drink, nuts and cold towel while they take your bags to your room. I was treated like royalty and we laughed and joked in the one week in January that I spent at this fabulous hotel. I have never been looked after so well and they give 5 star service without question. My room had a comfortable bed, fridge with water, free internet and many TV stations. The restaurant has the most delicious food that I had anywhere and it is very reasonably priced. They are always bringing you free cold tea. Panha was friendly and helpful and Chanthou was always greeting me with her lovely smile, great conversation and good sense of humour as we joked. Ratana was exceptional and always friendly with his professional manner, running the reception so efficiently. He was also kind enough to arrange a Tuk Tuk driver to take me to the temples of Angkor Wat as I have mobility problems. What a great driver he found for me who could speak good English and drove very safely. Mr Sokkun went over and beyond his normal Tuk Tuk temple journey. He actually took me by foot through the temples and helped me maneuver the many difficult stairs and went up the ones that I could not manage, taking pictures for me. So very considerate of him and I appreciate the kindness offered to me by Sokkun.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo