“Budget Hotel ”

Ranked #325 of 493 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Bangalore, India
“Budget Hotel ”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

A budget option in Siem Reap! We got AC double bedroom rooms for 15$ a night and we were told that complimentary breakfast was included at the time of checking in. However they denied it later on! The hotel looked new from outside however the flooring was looking sad and repairs were going on!

The rooms were not cleaned before we checked in and we had to ask for it!

The bathroom was big and spacious and came with decent shower! There was free Wifi and there was a flat screen TV!

The hotel's location is not very far from the Night Market and the Pub street area and you can walk to these points. If you are hiring a tuk tuk please carry the hotel card with you as most of them would not know this hotel yet!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank VinKoBha

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed there with my mother and little brother for 3D2N and we were surprised and disappointed by it.
Firstly, the location is just awesome. It is only about 10mn walk to pub street, old market, and not so far from the airport.
Secondly, the staff were very friendly.
Thirdly, the hotel itself is a bit dirty, because the floor isn't mopped so you the colour faded away, there was mosquito larvae in the small water pot, we had some mosquitoes in the room, the air-cond was not working properly because I'm guessing they didn't clean the filter for a very long time. And sometime the water was cut-off.
Fourthly, the food was very good BUT it always took a very long time to come.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 30 April 2014

1st night live in lil geckos 2nd night flood of flying bugs in my room, I asked for bug spray and a broom, and they returned immediately then after, later that night the water was off. Nice people though.

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Stay for 3 nights at the hotel and had a great time. The hotel is good value for money and is close to everything in Siem Reap...only a short walk. Nice Aussie bar a couple of shops down. The room was clean and bathroom facilities was good. Staff were friendly and helpful with good English...good place to stay :)

• Stayed April 2014
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

We booked a room in this hotel for 2 nights. It was very clean and the staff was very helpful when needed. Had a welcome drink when we arrived. Fruits and coffee/tea available all day. The included breakfast and the food from the restaurant downstairs were also good. The location was perfect. Very close to the night market 7min walk and to the old market 12min walk but far enough from the noises of pub street and the bars area. A lovely stay in SR!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OrianeYayane
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Our room was small, smelly AC not working, windows cannot be opened because of mosquitoes, so there is absolutely no air. But you do have a lot and I mean A LOT of smoke from somewhere, that made me wake up with a headache and a feeling of choking at night.

When we arrived there was no one at reception. The Tuk Tuk driver from outside told us to wait for someone to arrive. Since we just took a bus from Chiang Mai Thailand, which took more than 24 hours I was a bit annoyed by having to wait half an hour for someone to show up so we could check in. While we were waiting, they gave us a cocktail menu and asked us if we wanted a drink and trust me, I needed a drink. So I asked for a Mojito for me and a Pina Colada for my wife. They said sorry, bartender is not here?! So why in gods name are you asking me if I want a drink??

Next day, breakfast was a horror and took ages to come out. I asked for a drink, sorry no bartender, AGAIN! So I asked for a vodka and orange juice. Since they don't know what Vodka is, I went and made my own drink behind the bar which they charged me a LOT of money for! 1 dollar canned fanta is London price!

Left in a hurry! Bad value for money bad service.

Room Tip: Different Hotel
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Petyusha
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and we are really happy about it. The rooms are clean, the staff is great and food is delicious. The location is ideal as it is close to everything. We walked to the Koulen Restaurant for the wonderful dinner/show, had foot spa (every night) a block away, had some street food down the corner, shampoo and hair dye across the street, bought medicines at the pharmacy a few steps away and ate at the restaurants close by. Avatar Angkor hotel has free wifi with strong signal for our mobile devices and had two desktop computers in the lobby if we wanted to see our uploads and pictures bigger. It is just a tuk-tuk away from everything including the Angkor Wat and all the other temples. The place is not pretentious, and as budget travelers, that was just perfect. The rooms are clean, the a/c works, the location is central, all things you need are within reach. Oh, and the 24-hour free coffee and tea in the lobby does not hurt either. I'd stay here again the next time I am in Siem Reap and would recommend this to family and friends. It's a great deal!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends