“Close to perfection!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Siem Reap
Serenite Guesthouse
Ranked #21 of 493 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
“Close to perfection!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This guest house stays true to its name 'serenite' a french word for serenity which made my 4 nights stay a peaceful and comfortable one. Both Patrick (Pat) and Iza were not only warm and hospitable but very knowledgeable about the places of interests in Siem Reap.

For more info on this guest house - http://www.sereniteguesthousesiemreap.com/

It was my 1st visit to Siem Reap and the main reason I stayed here was because it was very close to Cuisine Wat Damnak (http://www.cuisinewatdamnak.com/) plus I also took note of very positive reviews from other travelers. Pat also recommended me with a few other superb restaurants in Siem Reap... then I realised my 4 nights stay in Siem Reap was not long enough especially with so many great temples to explore.

My reason for not giving 5*/excellent rating was because of the following 2 small, tiny issues ;) which I never complained about... I guess it was just a matter of attention to detail ;) :-

- The water pressure was a little low so it took a while to fill up the bathtub; and
- Dust in the corners of the room & under the rattan storage drawers.

But then again this is a guest house and not some high-end hotel ;)

Also the location was not the most strategic as the 2 tuk-tuk drivers whom I hired were not familiar with the location.

So for me it was close to perfection! ;)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Traveller_SimplyME

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We had a fantastic stay in Siem Reap at Serenite. Pat and Iza are fantastic hosts, and really made us feel welcome for our first stay in Cambodia - They also organised a fantastic Tuk-Tuk driver, Mr Chinn, who was incredibly helpful. Overall, a great stay and highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We had a lovely stay at Serenite Guesthouse for our first time in Siem Reap. Pat & Iza are incredible hosts that made our 4 night stay very memorable. Their guesthouse is an oasis of calm and relaxation with beautifully decorated and very clean rooms. Breakfast was plentiful with a choice of eggs, fresh pastries, breads, and lots of fruits. Iza even prepared sandwiches for us to take along for lunch, and upon our return we would always be welcomed with a cold glass of ice tea. Pat spent lots of time helping us make sightseeing plans. We were overall very impressed by the hospitality and friendliness of the hosts and would recommend Serenite to everyone!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
sereniteguesthouse, Owner at Serenite Guesthouse, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Thank you very much for your kind words.
We must say that you were the perfect guests and we are glad to have met you.
To make your stay memorable is our greatest achievement.

Thank you ever so much.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We arrived Siem Reap late in the night and found our hosts up waiting for us. Patrick and Iza (I hope I spelled the name right) welcomed us into their lovely house with iced tea and a plate of assorted fruits. Our room looked exactly like the picture they had on their website, tasteful with a Eastern charm. The room was large and Iza does a great job keeping it clean. Our hosts helped us map out the temple visits, arranged transportation, packed us fruits for lunch, and brought us ice water every time we returned the guesthouse. The breakfast had a wonderful selection of fruits and breads. It's probably more accurate to call it a feast. Everything is just so thoughtfully prepared. Pat and Iza even packed us cookies when we left Siem Reap to go on to the rest of our travels. Definitely a place to return to when I go back to Siem Reap.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for this kind review.
We are happy that you appreciated our guesthouse and that your journey in Siem reap went so well.

Our sincerest thanks.
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I had a great stay at this charming little guesthouse. The hosts, Patrick and Iza, are extremely friendly and helpful, and will did everything they could to make my short stay as enjoyable as possible, making suggestions for what to see, where to eat, providing me with maps and information, and organising a tuk-tuk when I needed one. The rooms are tastefully decorated, with functional appliances. Breakfast is more than adequate. Location is perfect, being a short walk away from the heart of Siem Reap, but further enough away to avoid the bustle. The only thing which detracted slightly from my experience is that guests are allowed to smoke in the bedrooms (this is not advised on the website, but is on the room information in the guesthouse itself), which meant my room smelt a little of smoke on the first night I was there. As a non-smoker, this was a little unpleasant. However, the good much outweighed this, and I would happily return here.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Stephanie W
Thank you for this review.
We are happy that you had a great stay with us and to address the issue of the smoking smell, it is entirely our fault.
We let people smoke because it is hard to enforce a ban on such things. From our experience smokers will smoke specially if it is forbidden.
But we care about non smokers and usually we remove the smoke odors thoroughly.
The fact that you smelled it means that we didn't do a good job this time and we apologize.

In any case we were glad to have you as a guest and we thank you once more for this review.
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 4 January 2014

This was a fantastic place to stay for my first time in Siem Reap. I always try to stay in boutique hotels instead of generic chain hotels and although this falls under the category of guesthouse and not hotel it was the perfect place to stay. You're in an authentic Cambodian house in an authentic Cambodian street with real Cambodian markets for the locals right outside the gate. The hosts, Patrick and Izra, made me completely at home and offered their time getting to know me, explaining what's where in Siem Reap and their knowledge of the temples in Angkor Wat. They also organised a wonderful tuk tuk driver, Mr Chin, whose kindness will always be remembered. I only stayed for 2 nights but was very sad to leave as I felt so at home. I would recommend this gorgeous little guesthouse to anyone who wants a taste of the real Cambodia.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank EvaMilan_Italy
Thank you very much for your review.
We are very happy that your stay with us was enjoyable and we are fortunate to have met you.

Thank you so much.
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Thanks to Trip Advisor, with numerous good reviews about this guest house, we had no hesitation in booking it before we landed at Siam Reap and we were not proved wrong. Located not more than 20 mins from the Airport,Serenite is small and beautiful guesthouse offering B&B accommodation with a personal touch in everything that is needed there.

The guesthouse is owned by an European couple Pat and Iza and has been running for 3 years now. The moment we landed at their place, we could feel their warmth immediately through their smiling faces and co-operative behaviors. Serenite has 2 double bedrooms, the décor being very thematic but not over the top and is surely meant to soothe you after hours of temple trekking out in the sun. The breakfast which was part of the pay-package, had a variety of dishes from where one could choose from. Be it eggs, ham, Toast, fruits and juices etc. it was always too much to eat at one time so we used to pack some to be had during the day time.

But the biggest positive for us were the house hosts Pat and Iza. They were of immense help, in all departments be it from food to travel, from sightseeing to photography. Pat being a professional photographer himself, helped us immensely, sharing a lot of tips on technical details, best time to get the best photographs, the best vantage points etc. Our stay in Siem Reap was all the more exciting because of their overwhelming hospitality and helpful approach which can only be experienced when you are there. It was like home away from home.

We would highly recommend this Serenite to anybody who would like to experience a homely and warm atmosphere.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Anindo_Aditya
sereniteguesthouse, Owner at Serenite Guesthouse, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Thank you a million for your very good review.
It is always a pleasure to see our efforts rewarded and to know that we made your stay the best possible.

Thank you again and all the best to you.