“a lucky find” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #51 of 499 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“a lucky find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Picked this hotel out on line about two hours before I was due to drive up to Siem Reap from Kampong Cham so had no real idea what to expect. It was a bit difficult to find and at first I thought I might have been taken to the wrong place as the name was Angkor Secret Garden Inn (not hotel). It was a really lucky find and I would not bother to look at any other hotels next time I come back to Siem Reap. It was quiet but the more vibrant areas were in easy walking distance. The rooms were clean and comfortable and extremely good value for money. We had planned to eat out on arrival but were shown the open air restaurant/cafe and mainly due to tiredness decided to eat there, again a decision we didn't regret to the extent that we ate there for the remainder of our stay. The staff were friendly, attentive and accommodating and the grounds of the hotel very attractively maintained.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Slovak first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stay in this hotel for 2 days.
Pros:
Hotel staffs are excellently friendly & helpful. We got our free airport transfer to the hotel. The hotel owner pick up us after I write an email to him although I have made full payment through the Online booking portal. Very spacious room and good environment. The foods supply by the hotel (lunch & dinner) is delicious and not expensive.

Cons:
The toilet is rather old and should have an upgrade on it. Some stains on the small pillows and the bed sheet. Dusts and hairs are at the corner area and under the writing table (I am asking the staff to clean it and they quickly do so). The light in the room & toilet is not bright enough.

Additional:
We got the ground floor rooms and that is good because the hotel have no lift and I am travel with the seniors (Parents & parents in law).

Overall, this is an above average hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank KentCheong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

I was recommended this place by a friend and he was spot on. As a solo traveller it was a great place to meet people in the social area, and the staff go out of their way to help in every way. The rooms are excellent value and the food and drinks cheap and quality. You will not be sorry (except prepare to swallow your pride when playing Mr Lucky in pool - he's not just lucky !)

Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Alex W
Zottegem, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

One if the best price/quality hotels I have ever been. Very helpful showing us around. Pick up at the bus station. Good breakfast. Nice options for diner and plenty of beer in the bar. Had a special last night diner. Deeply appreciated. The place to stay in Siem Reap

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sam V
Santarcangelo di Romagna, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

Dear Travellers, this is a very good place to rest, after the intensive days spent to visit Angkor Wat. The owner Laky, and the staff all, are very helpful. Good price. No buffet, and the breakfast is a bit poor. No lift, and you have to leave the shoes in front of the stairs. It means that your feet are always dirthy !!! ( Or... you don't leave the shoes, like we did !!! ) Clean room,( our was the n° 39, last floor ), with fridge inside and two bottle of water each day, free of charge. Only one night, some guys, laughing, around, midnight, in the garden, disturbed my sleep. To reach Pub Street, the heart of Siem Rep, you always need a tuk-tuk, specially in the night. Enjoy.

Room Tip: Room 39 and all the others on the last level.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Whitehorse, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

I loved this hotel, the staff are amazing, they can help you with anything at any time. The rooms were very clean, quite spacious and great wifi. They are really helpful in organizing trips to the temples. Defiantly recommend staying here.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Overpelt, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

Initially I felt a bit uncomfortable in Cambodia, traveling alone in a country of poverty. So I used tripadvisor for optimal accomodation and it led me to this hotel in Siem Reap.
The rooms were spacious and very clean. Internet was also solid and unlimited.

I was only in Siem Reap for Angkor Wat, and this hotel offers you a private tuk tuk driver for a very acceptable price. He picked me up at 5am to see the sunset, and drove me wherever I wanted to go.

They have a restaurant which serves meals based on rice and noodles.
The owner is very relaxed and friendly I was even invited to sit down with them in the evenings and talk about my journeys. They're very friendly and down to earth, and I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to visit Angkor Wat

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo