“Do not stay here” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Angkor Secret Garden Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Angkor Secret Garden Hotel
Ranked #54 of 500 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Ho Chi Min City
“Do not stay here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

I do not understand the high rating of this place. We stayed here for three nights. The room was not clean, the bed sheets had holes and stains. In addition the tuk tuk driver from the hostel spoke very littly english and didnt know a thing about angkor wat. Furthermore, he kept running late - waiting for him after getting up at 5 in the morning sucked.

The worst thing however was the loundry. They returned our clothes (6kg) with orange colour all over it, which does not seam to go away anymore (See picture). After discussing this issue and demanding a compensation they only offered us a ridiculous discount of 20 dollars and a free ride to the airport. Needless to say that our ruined clothes were worth a lot more. However, this also did not change the owner's mind.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Nils1234
SunS3, Owner at Angkor Secret Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 24 January 2015
Hello Value Guest,

I hereby apologize for the inconvenient that occurred in the service provided and for taking a long time to reply your feedback due to some personal problems.

First of all, thank you for your valuable feedback at Trip Advisor. Your comments serve as a reminder for me to improve in the future. Secondly, I sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding between us. Furthermore, I hope that you can understand my inconveniences. I noticed that the 6Kg of your laundry it just only 1 of that T-Shirt with orange colour. Not All. Moreover, since we did not know which one of your cloths is faded color so we also asked about your cloths condition, shall we laundry them together and you said yes. I did pay $20 and free airport and you agree with my offer.

Lastly, thank you for taking my services base on the Trip Advisor. I truthfully apologize to the disappointment that I made on the services too. I hope you will revisit Siem Reap, Cambodia and take my service again in future.

I sincerely apologize on the misunderstanding between us. If you have any further enquiries, please do not hesitate to send me an e-mail or give me a call and I will respond shortly. I wish you all to get everything you desirous in Cambodia and trust my service again. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Slovak first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Ok so I had to get a Tuk Tuk to pub street but I wasn't so cash strapped that was a problem. It takes about 5 mins to get there but you can walk, If you like a bit of quite then this is a good place to stay found the staff very nice but didn't like the towels. Temples you can book at the hotel it just makes life easier. They lock they gates at night so just ring the bell located at the left hand of gate near the wall.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank cazdunk
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

This Hotel was difficult to find and it seems to be common practise for a taxi driver out of town to transfer you to a local tuk tuk driver who is more familiar with the town at the end of your journey. This hotel is an oasis of calm and tranquility from the busy town. The rooms are large, and decorated and maintained to a high standard. I would recommend "eating in" as the food was lovely. The hotel organised a tuk-tuk driver for the day and a guide. I would like to highly recommend our wonderful guide Ratana Bunyou who was just brilliant!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank SuzyWP
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

The staff here were the nicest we came across in Southeast Asia - they always greeted us warmly and were willing to help. They'll even get up at 4am to pack a takeaway breakfast for you if you're going to the temples at dawn! The rooms could do with a little TLC - i.e. the bathroom was a bit mouldy, shower got water everywhere, a couple of stains on the bedsheets etc. However, for the price, I can't really complain as it's still a comfortable, spacious room. The free breakfast included is excellent - try the banana pancakes!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank CaitlinO
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Picked this hotel out on line about two hours before I was due to drive up to Siem Reap from Kampong Cham so had no real idea what to expect. It was a bit difficult to find and at first I thought I might have been taken to the wrong place as the name was Angkor Secret Garden Inn (not hotel). It was a really lucky find and I would not bother to look at any other hotels next time I come back to Siem Reap. It was quiet but the more vibrant areas were in easy walking distance. The rooms were clean and comfortable and extremely good value for money. We had planned to eat out on arrival but were shown the open air restaurant/cafe and mainly due to tiredness decided to eat there, again a decision we didn't regret to the extent that we ate there for the remainder of our stay. The staff were friendly, attentive and accommodating and the grounds of the hotel very attractively maintained.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stay in this hotel for 2 days.
Pros:
Hotel staffs are excellently friendly & helpful. We got our free airport transfer to the hotel. The hotel owner pick up us after I write an email to him although I have made full payment through the Online booking portal. Very spacious room and good environment. The foods supply by the hotel (lunch & dinner) is delicious and not expensive.

Cons:
The toilet is rather old and should have an upgrade on it. Some stains on the small pillows and the bed sheet. Dusts and hairs are at the corner area and under the writing table (I am asking the staff to clean it and they quickly do so). The light in the room & toilet is not bright enough.

Additional:
We got the ground floor rooms and that is good because the hotel have no lift and I am travel with the seniors (Parents & parents in law).

Overall, this is an above average hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank KentCheong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

I was recommended this place by a friend and he was spot on. As a solo traveller it was a great place to meet people in the social area, and the staff go out of their way to help in every way. The rooms are excellent value and the food and drinks cheap and quality. You will not be sorry (except prepare to swallow your pride when playing Mr Lucky in pool - he's not just lucky !)

Stayed February 2014