“Couldn't ask for more!”

Price range: US$3 - US$8
Cuisines: Cambodian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Khmer Cuisine is the social business run by local and aim at supporting Cambodian community. Some of the revenue from our guest bills will be shared as expense for English and Vocational Training. The training included: as Receptionist, Housekeeping, Restaurant & Bar service and Cook. Having your lunch or dinner at Khmer Cuisine is not for fun, experience Khmer food, but also support community. Cooking class is also available at Khmer Cuisine and this is another activity to support the above program. Enjoy our local food that is based on fresh foods, with meats and fish grilled or steamed. Less in fat, more in greens with coconut milk, vegetables and herbs are an integral element of the major meals.
St. Catharines, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Couldn't ask for more!”
Reviewed 18 May 2013

After traveling around nearly all of Asia, this place has to be one of my favorites! I may be kind of bias because I am Khmer but this place really brings out the cultural taste of my home country. I brought along my colleagues from Canada and they LOVED it!

-great service
-excellent staff
-awesome price
-beautiful decor

What more can a traveler ask for?

1 Thank Lyly C

• Korean first
Cheshunt, United Kingdom
“Awesome Food”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I've been struggling when eating to find that wow factor so far in my current SE Asia trip that I remember having oh so often when I first landed in Thailand over 10 years ago. I had a great Rendang in Sumatra recently and have been longing since for those fresh exotic flavours I associate with SE Asian cooking.

This place just hit the spot. The service is more customary to back home and unlike SE Asia, food comes in the right order and don’t take long to arrive. We missed happy hour but they gave us our cocktails for the same price any way which was nice. Could not fault the service at all, the restaurant was quiet so we had a real nice long chat with our waiter after our meal.

We had the fresh spring rolls; I believe these are more Vietnamese? Still they were excellent, for mains we had a Khmer Curry with coconut milk and a fish Amok. If you like it spicy they can give you more chilli.The flavours were superb. Chilli’s, lemongrass, lime leafs, coconut, basil...
The fish in the Amok was cooked perfectly.

The portions don’t look much but they are ample and we were sadly too full for desert!

Pricewise, it is perhaps a little more than the average place, but by a $1 or so really! $4-6 for mains. Cocktails $3 2for1 on happy hour. No nasty surprises added into the bill after either. We splurged and it only cost us $17. Well worth the treat

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank WookieTraveler
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Recommendation is a must”
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Spent some time in Siem Reap and tried to search out different experience there. Finally like Khmer Cuisine as they offered excellent service. I noted that staffs were always at your service and really want your dinner time happily. Nice decoration!

We did order local soup and rice as their recommendation and up with a local steak with green pepper and Cambodian desert.

Prices were not at risk, were very suitable. Definitely share to other

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Bernat H
Nz
“Beautiful setting, great food and lovely service”
Reviewed 4 May 2013

The staff at this restaurant are outstanding. Well trained in customer service. As a single traveller they made me feel very welcome and provided some entertaining conversation during dinner. The food was very delicious and reasonably priced. There was a wide selection of dishes. A defineate favorite in siem reap and well worth a visit.

• Visited April 2013
“Excellent food & service”
Reviewed 26 April 2013 via mobile

This was better than other places I dinned at the pub street. Quite and nice people

Khmer cuisine has trained their staffs well. I also prefer the decoration and trust everyone will feel as me

Recommend to all who prefer local food, service offered and tranquility. Amok and Cambodian salad were fabulous!

Come back