“Would have liked more vegetarian choices”
Review of Mie Cafe

Mie Cafe
Ranked #34 of 919 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Cambodian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Overall we liked the food and service; ambience was great and the food was served quickly and tasty. Prices were very reasonable.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Best food we ate in Siem Reap, where so many restaurants cater to large group dining for tours. This small restaurant, off the beaten path, was well worth the visit. Not only the best food we ate in Siem Reap, but one of the best meals we ate in all of Southeast Asia.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Very nice atmosphere, tasty food, great service, open area with breezy wind at night, a lovely dinner experience. Strong recommend!!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

On my visit I ordered the tasting menu (which consists of 5 dishes). I found the food very creative, particularly the first three courses; truly excellent, with a good presentation (except for the boiled rice) and a creative taste... However, I left disappointed and frustrated: how can such good food been jeopardised by waiting time and service? We made a reservation and got to the restaurant just after 7.30pm, we were given the menus and then waiting for around 15min for the waiter to take the order. Drinks did not arrive until another 20min later and first course 15-20min afterwards. I found the waiting far too long. There were 3 waiters and 8 tables with guests and I noticed that we were not the only ones with an empty table. Once the first course arrived, the pace picked up and there was a reasonable 10-15min break between courses. As others mentioned, the chef came out to greet customers and I expressed my admiration for the food as well as my disappointment for the waiting time; he did mentioned some staff problems on the day and he apologised for it. A real shame as such food should be accompanied by a well-managed service.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We were staying across the street at the Sofitel so decided to give this a try. Pleasant surprise. Salmon and tuna carpaccio were nice followed by the bbq porkchops. Prices very reasonable...would definitely recommend.