Angkor Heritage Boutique Hotel
Ranked #159 of 372 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 28 April 2014

A beautiful Hotel as well as the room. Its clean and huge. The hotel staff is very helpful and courteous. Every time they saw us walking they will stop and greet and started ask if we need anything. Among all the staff, Hear Ren is one of them that is very kind and helpful to bring us exploring Siem Reap. He was very nice and polite. I will definitely come back!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank NisaOsh
GMHeritage, General Manager at Angkor Heritage Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your valued time to leave the positive comments on our services and facilities during your stay with us. We are delighted that you had a pleasant stay with Angkor Heritage Boutique Hotel and satisfy of our services offered. We have shared this comment with our entire colleagues and they are all strive to improve more on service standard in order to satisfy to all guests in the future.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Outstanding! Rooms are really lovely - spacious, very clean... Service was great. The staff were the kindest and most helpful I've ever experienced. Smiles everywhere. As I remember, Hear Ren is one of the friendliest and kindest staff I have ever encountered. He helped us organize tours of the temple (Angkor Wat) exploring Siem Reap town for me and my friends (Nisa, Mimi, Lela & Izzat) with no fuss and everything worked out really well. The tuk tuk service was very convenient and the drivers were...

Room Tip: Upper room are quieter and more privacy.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I have been wanting to visit Cambodia for several years now, and my husband found the most perfect hotel he could have for our family to enjoy Siem Reap from, when he found this hotel after some research online.

We booked a family suite as we were travelling with three children - for under 100 USD a night, we had two spacious rooms on the ground floor, one with two queen beds, one with a king bed, all with mosquito netting, flat screen tvs with DVD players (great for the little kids), and decorated in a French Colonial/Indochinese style, two large bathrooms (rain shower and bath in each) and two balconies facing the pool. The gardens were full of mango and banana trees. Except for how much there is to see and do in Siem Reap and the temples not far away, this is a hotel to really enjoy relaxing in -and twice we actually bought my sister in law and her husband who were staying closer to town centre, back to our hotel to enjoy the pool and grounds with us. The hotel web site pictures are exactly what you get with this establishment.

I understand most guests only stay a few days in Siem Reap - we stayed for 8 nights and really settled in. I loved coming back each day, especially after we got to know the staff a little more. I wanted an experience for my kids as well as myself where we got to make friends with the staff if we could, and the staff at Angkor Heritage were wonderful. I honestly have trouble believing some of the other recent reviews here, complaining about staff not speaking very good English or offering information or advice. Firstly, I found the majority of staff to speak very good English, and even the most inexperienced English speaking staff member still spoke better English than I can Khmer. In fact, several staff began to teach me Khmer when I asked, something I very much appreciated. As for advice in local attractions, almost every day, Mr Hear who works on reception in the morning enquired if I was interested in any local attractions in particular and offered advice on places to visits I hadn't considered before. Through the hotel, we sourced our driver for the week, Mr Sokkea, who took us out every day, whether it was for long trips to temples for hours at a time, or short trips around town. Mr Sokkea was very good to us and also to my sister in law staying in the town centre, while we hadn't expected a tour guide as well, he also pointed out other sites in and out of town and explained them all. I would also like to thank Mrs Dara who worked in the restaurant, who was lovely with the kids and also made me a Cambodian style breakfast on my last day I only wish I'd had on my first day, so I could have eaten it every day (its offered side by side at the egg station each morning, try it!). Mr Sophreach and Mr Sokheng on reception each afternoon were always welcoming when we came back and asked about our day - in fact, all the staff were like this, I just didn't get to know everyone's name well enough to be able to thank them all individually. On the morning we left, they all came out to say good bye to us, including Mr Sokkea who wasn't even driving us to the airport. I hope that gives an impression of how lovely everyone was!

Other things about the hotel to share: We only ate in the restaurant twice for dinner, but only because there are so many restaurants to explore in the town. The food here is also really very good. My little kids (3 and 4) stuck to western food and the spaghetti bolognaise was one of the best they had in Cambodia (other restaurants tend to sugar the meat sauce, not so at the Angkor Heritage). My older daughter husband and I preferred the Khmer dishes, all great quality (my daughter now a fan of loc lac thanks to this restaurant!). My daughter and I also used the spa service, and enjoyed I very much (the hotel also offered a discount on the prices, which we didn't expect, but appreciated).

And just to sound a little more even handed and not so effusive, the one thing I would advise you about is the location. It did not bother us at all, but as its not in the centre of town, there are not many nearby shops or laundries (there is a Triangle Mart and the local food markets if you are looking for convenience items or fresh fruit). The hotel will do your laundry, but for $22 USD a basket. Its a very large basket but still this is expensive in Asia ... if you know where to find them, you could have your laundry down for $1 pre kilo. With the location though, we just put up with the laundry cost, although next time we know better how to find a local alternative.

Over all. Not only would I recommend to my friends, we only checked out two days ago and I am already plotting my return trip, but this time, with my husband's whole family to come and stay with us too. I can not recommend this hotel more highly (and if you read any of my other reviews, you can double check I am generally very even handed in reviews!)

Room Tip: If you have difficulty with stairs, request a ground floor room - like many hotels in Cambodia, this...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank rachaelOz
GMHeritage, General Manager at Angkor Heritage Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your valued time to leave the positive comments on our services and facilities. We are delighted that you had a pleasant stay with Angkor Heritage Boutique Hotel and satisfy of our services offered. We have shared this comment with our entire colleagues and they are all strive to improve more on service standard in order to satisfy to all guests in the future.

Once again, thank you for your compliments and we hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

The hotel is a bit far a way from town. The staff is nice and helpful. Just only the spa services is bad and not worth to try. The massage girls was keep chatting with each other and not really concentrated to provided the services to us. Me and my wife not enjoy at all.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
GMHeritage, General Manager at Angkor Heritage Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Guests,

Thank you for choosing Angkor Heritage Boutique Hotel and also for taking the time to share your stay experience with us. We would like to take the opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience had happened during your stay.

We always strive to provide a pleasurable journey and exceptional stay for each of our valued guest and your given feedback is very important for us as it helps to improve in the areas needed.

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback and we trust that we will have the opportunity to restore your confidence back in the near future.

Saron

Reviewed 23 April 2014

The hotel is really very beautiful and well maintained. Our room was large and had a balcony and four poster bed. Its a quiet hotel and the tourist shops and restaurants are around a 10minute tuktuk drive, which we didn't mind at all. There are a number of high end hotels in Siem reap and this is probably in the upper-middle range.

Our experience here was not a positive one, for the following reasons;

1. We were not offered any information on visiting he temples. No tours, no guides, no practical help. We called a taxi and arranged everything ourselves.

2. The boxed breakfasts prepared for us to take to the temples were very basic and contained raw eggs.

3. The staff do not speak very good English and were unable to help us with many of our enquiries.

4. The aircon is pretty ineffective and does not cool the rooms down very much.

5. Service is very slow if you order lunch or dinner - be prepared to wait 15mins for a glass of juice even if no other guests are eating.

6. The computer in the lobby was broken and when we enquired, they made no attempt to help us with printing or finding information.

7. A free airport shuttle is available but they did not ask what time we arrived and nothing was arranged for us.

I think the hotel still offers good value due to the free wifi and free airport shuttle but you can probably find better options in this bustling city. I highly recommend the night market and pub street (not as bad as it sounds!) especially the very cheap massages and good food. Don't pay more than $3 for a tuktuk to or from this hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guests,

Thank you for choosing Angkor Heritage Boutique Hotel and also for taking the time to share your stay experience with us. We would like to take the opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience has happened during your stay.

We always strive to provide a pleasurable journey and exceptional stay for each of our valued guest and your given feedback is very important for us, as it helps to improve in the areas.

Regarding to your comments, we've investigates and would like to clarify your feedback as following:

1. Tours information, upon check-in we had informed to you of our facilities and services available including tours desk services. After checked in to the room, you came to the counter and you did not need our hotel tours services arrangement by asked our reception to called to your own driver to arrange the sightseeing tours.

2. The breakfast box, we are apology for the the boil eggs that you feel it is raw, but it had been boil for 5 minutes as medium cooked. Normally we had arranged with croissant, toast with some fruits and you can't expected it is exclusive arrangement as in the hotel.

3. We hope you kindly understand that we are Cambodian and English is our second languages. Through our observation, so far our staff are able to communicates with all the guests who stayed with us. But you can't expected we speak English fluently as in your country.

4. We are regret to hear that the air-condition is not cold enough. Anyhow we expected that you informed to us since on the day of your arrival if it is not cold. But we did not know it until you complain on TripAdvisor. This morning I personally went to checked after you check-out and it is working and the temperature is cold as normal.

5. We are apology again for the slow of our services but during you came to the restaurant on 22 April 2014 there were a group of guests been there before as well as room services order. As our services standard, we prepare following to the first order.

6. We are apology for the computer was not working at the time you need to used it. Anyhow, we always offer our Front Desk computer for guests who need to use just for check e-mail or printing some document temporary if there is the requested.

7. For airport pick up services we did not have your flights details from you so It is hard for us to arrange as well since we did not have the arrival details. Anyhow, we have been clarify with you to arrange the airport transfer on complimentary for you on the departure day beyond of our services.

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback and we trust we will have the opportunity to restore your confidence back in the near future.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

This is one of the few locally owned, managed and run hotels. It has a wonderful ambiance and great facilities, all hidden away down a little dust alley.

Breakfast was delicious, the staff smiling and helpful and the rooms very spacious, clean and very nicely presented.

It is great value for money. They have their own tuk tuk drivers available and a ride into town was only $3, or they'll look after you for half a day for $7USD.

A delightful find in amongst all the Macdonald mansion style hotels.

• Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed 20 April 2014

It very nice hotel to stay in. The rooms were nice and clean. The room view was spectacular. We love the swimming pool and garden. The service were excellence. The restuarant was nice. overall we enjoyed our stayed there.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
GMHeritage, General Manager at Angkor Heritage Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014