“Great tour of taking nice pictures of temples.”

Angkor Wat Photography Workshops and Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Angkor Wat Photography Workshops and Tours is not a regular tour company. We don’t tell you much about the history of Cambodia over the last 1000 years because we simply don’t know. What we know is where to make the best pictures and we certainly know how to handle a camera! Our tours are “Instructed photography tours”" - that means we teach you how to handle you camera and how to improve your pictures. We focus our tours on photography. A photographer will guide you through the temples of Angkor, the Tonle Sap lake, Phnom Kulen or the city of Siem Reap helping and teaching you to make the best possible pictures while showing you all the highlights of this great country. WE SPEAK GERMAN AND ENGLISH!
Singapore, Singapore
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great tour of taking nice pictures of temples.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

This tour is worth every penny. I'm a beginner photographer and didn't know much about manual settings on my camera but our guide, Ota, is very patient and will tell us what settings to go with and show us all the nice angles to take the pictures. All our photos turned out great. A little pity we didn't manage to catch the sun rise, but it's no fault of the guide. The sun just decided to come out earlier but we still manage to catch some really good pictures.

Because of the rain, we had to end the tour a little earlier, but Ota offered to take us to the city for urban shots. However, we were so tired from walking up at 4 am so we declined. It's a really nice gesture and we are very glad we took the tour. We will definitely recommend our friends for this tour in future.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank alittlemei

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Canberra, Australia
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 155 helpful votes
“Highly recommended”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Disclaimer - I did not personally participate in this tour, but I arranged for my 17 year old daughter to go while we were in Siem Reap on a family holiday, having found the tour group through TA. I was looking to balance the interest of my oldest child (a very keen photographer) with also travelling with two very young children not up to hours exploring temples, and happily I found Matthias and Ota!

From the first, everything about the tour was easy to arrange. Matthias corresponded with me in the weeks leading up to our arrival, helping us to settle on a tour my daughter could attend. Unfortunately her first choice of the Kulen tour was not running while we were in Siem Reap, and Matthias offered us both the Angkor tour (12 hours from pre dawn to sunset) and the Tonle Sap tour. If my daughter hadn't been so tired from the first, she would certainly have done both tours, but on this occasion they were running on consecutive days.

I was a bit worried about sending my 17 year od by herself in a new country, but Ota took excellent car of her. She returned not only with 100's of photos she is very proud of, an email with notes Ota took for her to help improve her photography skills, she returned more confident in venturing out 'by herself', with lots of stories about bargaining, the language and the local area. This was an experience that will stay with her and has also helped her in the big adventure of growing all the way up - thank you very much to Matthias, Ota and your driver!

Visited April 2014
3 Thank rachaelOz
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“WOW Amazing Angkor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

Fabulous day spent with the help of Mori...from sunrise to late afternoon. So happy with the photos I manage to take under the skilful watch and guidance of Mori. I now have the confidence and a better understanding of how to play with the setting to achieve great results....thanks..

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Jill P
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

I cannot find the review I spent a lot of time composing back in February so here goes again.

My girlfriend and I booked well in advance for 3 day trips with Angkor Wat Photography. The procedure was easy and we looked forward to the experience. We are fairly good photographers and spend a lot of time on travel photography. Well this was the photographic highlight of 4 weeks in the Far East.

Laurent took us to some of the more popular sights and also to a couple of the less visited temples. Despite our abilities, he was able to take our photography to another level by teaching us to see the picture in what was before us. He is a master at what he does. Thanks Laurent for introducing me to time lapse photography. I bought a Gopro in Hong Kong and now spend time photographing short videos.

We arrived in Siem Reap as part of a cycling tour which included some temple visits. This meant some overlapping. We asked owner Thomas if we could exchange one booked tour for the night tour in the market. He was happy to make the swap at short notice. Thank you.

This company cannot be recommended highly enough.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Visited January 2014
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A wonderful way to see the temples!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

My family (husband and 2 kids in their early 20s) and I did the full day temple tour with Mori in early January. It was first visit to the temples and a great way to begin our trip. A fellow from Japan also joined our group. Mori was quite helpful to me with settings and composition, always attentive and spot-on in finding the perfect light. He certainly loves his job and can find something fresh and new with every group.
In addition to the temples we also had breakfast and lunch together. I enjoyed this as well! So nice to have great conversation with new friends. Highest recommendation! And thank you, Mori!

Visited January 2014