Review Highlights
Exceptional experience, fantastic teacher, fabulous scenery

I cannot recommend Angkor Wat Photography highly enough. Nabil is a superlative teacher, patient... read more

Reviewed 7 November 2018
Ashirley2
Wonderful time

I have been to Angkor temples for a couple of times and for this round, I decided to do something... read more

Reviewed 31 October 2018

from US$36.00
from US$45.00
from US$45.00
More Info
All reviews great shots private tour photography skills photo tour manual mode ta nei his knowledge angkor wat great tour highly recommend this tour professional photographer half day tour off the beaten track great company an amazing guide small group visit to siem reap
Reviewed 6 March 2016

we took a 1,5 day private tour with Ottakar and it was well worth the money and effort since we did see so much! however, organization from the office was not perfect, I asked for tripods both days and got them only for 1 day (even though we offered to pay extra) and I wish we would have had them both days. Otto was very nice and knowledgeable, thanks! If you do the private tour and I think that's the way to go make sure to tell them to pay extra for the car to go further out in the countryside or you would miss some great places!

Reviewed 27 February 2016

We initially wanted to do the night tour but it wasn't available so we did the Angkor wat day tour. It was amazing. The site says that the tour is focused on photography but not meant to teach about history/culture but we had it all. Our guide Ota was perhaps the best guide we could have dreamed of. He was so knowledgeable about photography (used to be a photo-journalist) and knew all the great spots even in the crazy crowds. But in addition, he was also knowledgeable about the history and cultural significance of the sites which was a fantastic addition. Our pictures were great and our experience was fantastic. I couldn't have asked for more. Definitely recommend for anyone interested in photography while in Angkor wat. If I had more time in Siem Reap I would do another tour with this organization.

2  Thank Lily W
Reviewed 25 February 2016 via mobile

Great morning spent with Chris going around the temples. Coming from a film background it was great to get out and shoot some stills!Loved hearing about the different projects Chris has been involved with. Wish I had more time would have loved to have done more.

1  Thank jenniferstu
Reviewed 24 February 2016 via mobile

This workshop provided a number of benefits - our photography skills improved significantly during the day, we visited spectacular temples for photography without the crowds, and our guide Ota (an ex pat) had excellent knowledge of the history of the area.

I would describe us as developing intermediates using the 'P' setting, but by the end if the day were confidently using 'Manual' settings. Ota was able to guide us through best use of camera settings, and provided positive advice and feedback on composition.

We were taken to a number of sites that were rich for photography, but almost empty of people. He knew where to go for the best light conditions during the day. At our last site of the day we were the only people there, and it felt very special.

And what a destination to do a photography course. We did this at the start of our trip in order that we could benefit from our refined skills for the rest of our holiday.

Matthias was excellent from the start as we started organising our trip and the different options. He was very responsive to all our emails and provided some great suggestions to finalise our photography workshop.

3  Thank skimamaaus
Reviewed 23 February 2016

I did the join-in, group 5AM Angkor Wat tour with Chris Cusick. He was an outstanding photography instructor/guide. Prior to taking this tour, I was a relatively experienced (intermediate) amateur landscape photographer, but Chris helped me become a more efficient photographer. I liked how Chris related the core elements of photography - shutter speed, aperture size, ISO, white balance, focal length, etc. - to the specific subject. He knew where, when and how to capture the temples' most photogenic shots. It was a small group, just myself and a very nice British couple on holiday from Dubai. Extremely knowledgeable in both photography and the Angkor Wat temple complex, you cant' go wrong with Chris on this tour. You will learn loads from Chris, irrespective of your level of experience. Also, booking with Matthias was easy, always very responsive to my e-mails. I highly recommend this tour.

1  Thank Benjamin J