“very nice pool, friendly staff”

Kiri Boutique Hotel
Ranked #138 of 354 Hotels in Siem Reap
Sydney, Australia
“very nice pool, friendly staff”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

The pool is very nice and clean and the staff are very friendly. There is always a tuk-tuk waiting outside the hotel at a fixed price of $1 to the Old Market/Pub St area. Not really walking distance though so be prepared to pay for a tuk-tuk everytime you want to go anywhere.

There is an in-room massage service that is priced pretty OK (more expensive than a massage parlour but its in the privacy, convenience and cleanliness of your own room). I havnt gotten massage yet so cannot comment on quality of massage.

Breakfast menu is a standard continental breakfast or fried rice/noodles. Fairly basic but was included in my room rate and the resturant is on a comfortable third floor (stair acessed) terrace with view over the pool.

The reason why I have had to give an "average" rating is because I was given room 212 which has a window facing the side road. I have a view of a pile rubbish bags lying on the road which os very unappealing and the reason I have kept the curtains closed my whole stay. Its also 3pm and my room hasnt been cleaned/made yet but the past two days they did. So not sure what's up today

I would say this hotel is clean and comfortable, but would definitely reccomend a pool view room. (which is more expensive though)

Room Tip: pool view or else you will get a view of the dirty side street
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank edwinlin88
San K, Owner at Kiri Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear Value customer,
Greetings from Kiri Boutique Hotel! I am Kim San, owner and I would love to say thank you for choosing Kiri Boutique Hotel for your recent stay in Siem Reap, Cambodia.

I am sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the environment or view outside the hotel and by the way my house keeping staff went late to clean the room at around 3 pm, and I would like to apologize on behalf of Kiri Boutique Hotel for this.

This is the reason why you have had to give an "average" rating. Please accept my apologies for inconvenience.
I was very happy to meet you and talk in the morning before you checked out and left the hotel for airport.

If you return to Siem Reap at any time we would love the opportunity to present our improvements to you. Please enjoy the remainder of your holiday and we wish you a safe trip back to your home country. Thank you so much and hope to see you again one day.

Best wishes,
Kim San, owner of Kiri Boutique Hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Korean first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed at the Kiri Boutique Hotel in Sept 2013 and it was wonderful!!! We had booked 2 nights and we liked it so much we stayed another night! I can't say enough about the excellent, friendly staff who continually went above and beyond to fulfill our every need. We had great massages in our room, delicious food in the open air restaurant, and relaxing time around the beautiful pool. This was one of our favorite hotels we've stayed at on our travels around Southeast Asia. I can't recommend this charming hotel enough!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Megan W
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed here with my boyfriend for four nights and the hotel is just great.

Rooms are spacious, clean and modern. Clean sheets and towels! Pool is also clean and nice. Breakfast is average, but they always asked if we need something more and everytime they prepared us an second omelet without extra charge. Really good service, staff always ready to help and they all were so kind!

Tuktuk to the old market only 1$ from the hotel, to the airport 5$ and Angkor Wat half day tour 15$.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Siem Reap! :)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jenna K
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Kiri Boutique Hotel in late September 2013 and it was excellent. The staff, service, room and atmosphere was like an oasis. They went above and beyond what we expected. Our tuk tuk driver who was organised though the hotel was lovely and went out of his way to help us. I would definitely recommend this hotel to other travellers.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We stayed here for three nights and found the hotel very clean, comfortable and friendly. The staff have excellent English and are very helpful and accommodating. The iced Lemongrass tea on arrival was delicious, as was the fresh fruit at breakfast. We had dinner here one night, which was very fresh and tasty. We also had a late check out at no extra charge, as our flight was in the evening. This place is a little oasis away from the noise and dust of the main road, it costs $1 in a tuktuk into town. The manager was very concerned about the bumpy road leading to the hotel (massage road) but it was actually quite fun in the tuktuk. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nicci G
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My family and I have been traveling around Thailand and decided spur of the moment to take a trip to Siem Reap. We had no reservations, but we met a nice couple who said they were staying here. When we arrived they brought us cool towels and apple juice for the kids and a ginger/jasmine tea for myself and husband. Before we booked a room they showed them to us. The entire property is very clean, pool is salt water and sparkling clean. The entire staff have been so accommodating. The restaurant is good as well. With your room you receive breakfast and it's very good. We also loved their pork chop dinner:) We were only going to stay 2 nights, but kept extending our visit mostly due to the awesome customer service we experienced at this hotel.

Room Tip: Balcony room overlooking pool or poolside.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We stayed here as part of our holiday. It was very clean and comfortable. Perfect distance to town not too close. Free airport pick up and drop off which was perfect. Fabulous breakfast and great pool area with towels. Friendly helpful staff! Would definitely recondmend it.

• Stayed October 2013