“Perfect Place to Stay”

Kiri Boutique Hotel
Ranked #144 of 365 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I can't say enough great things about Kiri Boutique. The rooms are spacious and clean, the pool area is great and the breakfast dining area is a perfect place to start the day. They serve an awesome breakfast each morning (I am definitely not a morning person nor a breakfast eater but after my wife convinced me to try it on day one, I never missed it again). Perfect way to start the day. There is also a small bar close to the pool where we got great service from our bartender, Von Lykbon.

The hotel is in a great location (about a kilometer away from the Pub Street area), so it's only a short walk or tuk tuk ride to the best bars and dining areas, yet it's a bit quieter than if you stayed in the more central areas. So that's basic stuff and it's all great.

But the thing that really sets this place apart is the ownership and staff. The owner is a very nice guy, who is on site much of the time and is dedicated to making sure you have a great stay. He and the staff guarantee that you really feel like you are being well looked after. We toured Angkor Wat with one of the drivers associated with the hotel, took several other rides during our four day stay, and at the end, took a tuk tuk to the airport. I loved touches like publishing the rate for the tuk tuk rides, so you had a good idea what you should be paying. When we asked where we could rent bicycles for a day, we were surprised when we were told that the hotel provided those for free. Miss Srey Ma runs the front desk during the day and is one of the most pleasant people I've ever met...she was very helpful, even going out of her way to make change one day when I needed some U.S. singles.

I'd recommend this place to anyone. You absolutely cannot go wrong.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Villa, which is great. Any of the rooms looking at the pool also looked pretty goo...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Drury M

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I had the pleasure stay at the Kiri Boutique Hotel for 4 nights late November 2013 - the hotel facilities hotel support staff made my "Cambodian Adventure" the perfect holiday. The owner of the hotel "Kim San" was very welcoming always checked in on his guests on how they were doing and provided me with good places to tourist places to visit, eat where to shop and not too.

The hotel facilities was very clean and safe the price point was just right - I will be returning to Cambodia again and will look forward in staying at the Kiri Boutique Hotel once again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 December 2013

My wife and I just got done with a 3 night stay at Kiri during our 20 day honeymoon through Southeast Asia. It was outstanding.

First off, I mentioned it was a honeymoon stay during the booking. When we arrived, we found the entire room was covered in roses and rose petals, along with a bottle of wine and some towel-swans on the bed. It was such a thoughtful gesture, not to mention it must have taken hours to arrange.

They set us up with an awesome tuk tuk driver for all 3 days of our stay, who took us all over the place and waited on us when we were out touring temples or floating villages, etc. He was only paid through the hotel. When we found out that the driver service plus all of our food and drink and laundry service was under 70 bucks for the entire stay, we were astounded.

Pros: beds are comfortable, food is good, no tour groups staying there, always tuk tuk service available to take you to the nearby night markets or to any other places.

Cons: none, really. A little noisy, but Siem Reap is always really loud in general, and it never affected our sleep.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We stayed at the Kiri Boutique hotel at the end of November for three nights and LOVED it!! Everyone at the hotel is super friendly and goes out of their way to accomadate you. They helped us to book a private guide for the temples, ziplining and quading all of which were great. Our flight wasn't until the late evening and they allowed us to hang out by the pool after we checked out and then when it was time to head to the airport they let us use one of the empty rooms to shower.

Our room was spacious and very clean and the A/C was nice and quiet. The pool is awesome and very refreshing after spending a hot morning exploring the temples. The WIFI signal is strong and works great in the rooms.

In terms of location we enjoyed being a little bit removed from the chaos of Pub Street. The hotel had tuk tuks on standby and it only cost 1$ to get to the Pub Street area and 5$ to the airport. The tuk tuk drivers were really nice and would even offer to wait for you (and didn't charge you for the waiting time - so we tipped for that). When we didn't get them to wait for us and caught another tuk tuk back we only ever paid $2.

The included breakfast was pretty good and the service in the restaurant was great.

Overall one of the best hotels we stayed at in SE Asia and a really good value for money!!

Thanks for a wonderful stay Kiri Boutique!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

I had to think a lot to decide whether to give three or four points...
It is definitely a very clean hotel (which is the most important thing for my husband and me), the staff and the manager are extremely kind, the garden and the pool are very nice.
However I cannot see it as a boutique hotel (we had a room in the two year old building, but there is also a nine month new house adjoint): I can't say that it has something special in its style or it is particularly elegant in the furniture as I would expect in a boutique hotel. In our bathroom the lamp had no cover so that you could see the bulb, screws and cables. It is not that bad but not even elegant. There was not enough place for a plastic curtain between the shower and the wc so that the floor around the wc was totally wet after taking a shower.
At the pool there are only 10 beds which are not always enough for all the guests.
In the end I decided to give four points since I cannot complain for the overall quality (except for the juices at breakfast: no freshly squeezed fruit juices, just too sweet orange and pineapple canned juices). And the staff and manager were very helpful and did their best to make our stay as pleasant as possible.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We stayed at Kiri for 3 nights and loved every minute that we were there. I easily arranged for airport pick-up and our tuk tuk driver was friendly and prompt. We were there during a very rainy period so the roads were quite flooded, but we were dry with rain flaps down and the rutted wet roads only added to our adventure. We were greated by such a warm, friendly staff and felt that everyone went out of their way to make us comfortable. From the owner, the people behind the front desk, the wonderful bar tender, to our fabulous tuktuk driver, we cannot rave enough about their hospitality.

The temples were spectacular and returning back to our quiet room and beautiful pool were great at the end of the day. One of my favorite parts of our entire trip to Cambodia/Vietnam was a morning we spent exploring the surrounding rural communitites by bicycle--an easy ride from the hotel. The bikes are a little rickity, but got us around and the area is flat so the gears really weren't needed.

It's frustrating to read reviews criticizing the English spoken at the hotel. This is a foreign country. We were actually quite impressed by the English spoken and the desire to learn....my boyfriend taught the bar tender how to make a number of cocktails (the bar was well stocked, but he didn't know a lot of the drinks) and the bar tender was so interested in learning from us and teaching us about his life. I'm sorry I can't remember anyone's name any more, but we really enjoyed talking to him and loved out tuk tuk driver!!
I hope we'll be able to return some day!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank efvet
Reviewed 25 November 2013

If you are looking for a great place to stay while on holiday in Cambodia, this is probably the best place I can recommend. We experienced no problems during the time we were staying there. We were a group of friends travelling for leisure, and it helped that almost everything we needed were already available at the Hotel. The staff were all very helpful and efficient, and provided us with excellent service all throughout our stay.

Two of us in the group are actually hoteliers from two different five star brands in our own country, and we very impressed at how they handled this establishment.

If I did have a second chance to go back to Cambodia for another trip, I would stay in the same place :)

Note: Get the free massage inclusion they usually give out as part of the package. We didn't think we would need it, but ended up enjoying it so much!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends