“Amazing Indian food!”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 4 July 2014

If you're a fan of Indian food, this is the place to go in Siem Reap! My partner and I shared a chicken tikka masala and lamb pepper fry and both we delicious. Not even that pricey compared to other non-Khmer restaurants in town - our bill came to $20 with naan, rice and drinks! The staff were so lovely - they tried to give us a discount just because the AC was broken!

Pannirselvam B, Owner at Dakshin's, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Hi
It's lovey to read your positive reiew and we very much appreciate it.Yes i do remember you coming on the 3/7 for dinner the day our ac broke down last minute and i am glad we were able to serve you a authentic dinner of Lamb pepper fry,chicken tikka masala etc.Thou you did not aask for any form of discount due to ac failure it came from the heart at Dakshin's we care for our guest regardless of what they spend money is secondary matter primarily we have to meet our obligation to our guest and to me it's joyful doing just that words cannot describe.Dakshin's is my world.Cheers!!!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

This restaurant is somewhat hard to find because it does not have a website and the address/map shown on Tripadvisor is misleading. However, after searching in the drizzle for a bit, my friend and I finally managed to find it. The restaurant itself is on the small side, but quite cozy.

We tried two different dishes, one lamb and one chicken, and both were excellent. They clearly are not cutting corners on the ingredients or the preparation of the food and it comes through in the flavors.

So, why four circles rather than five? In short, it's a dollar a dish too expensive for the market. If you could transport the restaurant to Singapore or London it would be a steal, but in Siem Reap, it's very expensive. While I understand the need to import quality ingredients, the prices are a high across the board, even for things that are not imported, such as local beer.

I would eat here again, particularly if I were in the mood for Indian food. However, a slight drop in prices and a basic website would likely help business tremendously.

Pannirselvam B, Owner at Dakshin's, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Hi Sir
Thank you for dining with us and putting up a good reviews.I understand you had some difficulty locating us my apologies.I believe you had a good meal here and your only complain was the pricingwell I am a Singaporean living here since 1999 always been in this biz and the spices I import do not come cheap and also to maintain a good Indian regional cuisine just having good spices does not help I have 4 chef all with diffetent talent and believe me there is more cost than you think and if at all I could take your suggestion and reduce my food prices means I will have to trim down on somethings which I will not as that will mean drop in quality or quantity but nevertheless your 2nd suggestion of a website will be strongly taken up and I thank you for that.If you do feel like having an Indian meal I would gladly extend a 10% discount and even buy you a beer after all Dakshin's is my passion and my goals are making my valuable guest happy.
Thank you and wish you all the best.Cheers!!!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I went there with my family few days ago, best Indian food with high quality produce. Great service and beautiful decor.

Pannirselvam B, Owner at Dakshin's, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Hi
That was a brief but lovely review.It was a pleasure that your last meal in Siemreap you decided to dine at Dakshin's with your one big happy family.Glad everybody enjoyed it.Hope you'll have a good time in Saigon and that my contact in Saigon did a good job assisting you.Wish you and the rest a happy vacation and safe journey home.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

A confession first; I'm not normally a huge fan of Indian food. However, I'll make an exception for Dakshin's.

The restaurant is very nicely decorated (particularly for Siem Reap) and unusually there's a combination of air-conditioning and fans that keeps the temperature to an acceptable level. The staff was incredibly friendly on our visit - they were also extremely knowledgeable about the food. When one of our party requested something off the menu; it was no problem for them to whip it up for them - that's service that many other places in Siem Reap could learn from.

The beers were cold. The food was fantastic. We must have had 10 different dishes and each of them was just perfect. Yes, eating in Dakhsin's is more expensive than eating in some other places in town. Yes, it was worth the expense.

100% recommended.

Hi Sir
Thank you for the wonderful review which is much appreciated and we will keep our standard to lift to your reviews.Dakshin's is a people restaurant and we truly care for our guest.I so happy that thou you are not an Indian food lover Dakshin's stood out to your expectations.The next time you dine at Dakshins let me personally take you thru the various flavors of India as my host.Thank you sir look forward to serving you once again.Cheers!!!

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I was at Dakshin with my family and friends this June. We had pleasant dining at Dakshin with warm welcome by it's owner himself into his cosy and we'll decorated restaurant. His choice of food and the professional serving style by his waiter added to our temptation. It is simply the best taste not only for us as our native food but for people from all around the world. Mr.Paneer had uplifted our taste buds with his signature meals. Don't miss Dakshin.

By: Devasri, Karu, Prasad & Leelavani
We miss the sumptuous taste.

Hi
Thank you for the lovely review.It's a wonderful feeling to know you'll had a wonderful authentic experience Flavors of India brought to Siemreap.Besides food hospitality is Dakshin's in house special coming from the heart.Well that what I grew up with and have educated my staff.Look forward to seeing you or being Dakshins ambassador back home.Cheers and god bless all of you.