“Fantastic flavours, highly recommend it” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #30 of 847 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Price range: US$3 - US$15
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Perth
“Fantastic flavours, highly recommend it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

Found Dakshin's on Trip Advisor and it lived up to the glowing reviews. Lovely restaurant with mezzanine level and run by passionate owner who takes pride in his establishment and it shows. We ate here twice in 3 days and were totally satisfied each time. The staff are wonderful and the food was great, reminded us of our favourite indian restaurant at home. The tandoori chicken was beautiful as were all the dishes and loved the complimentary poppadoms and chutney. We were so hungry the first night we went that we devoured the poppadoms and the waiter bought us another bowl when he noticed! Also had some very nice wines which have been hard to find on our travels through SE Asia. The only thing I would say is if you like it spicy make it very clear as we asked for spicy the first night but it wasnt spicy at all, even the vindaloo. This didn't detract from the flavours at all but we made more of a point of it the second time and they did make it spicier.

Hi
That was just wonderfu review and I appreciate your time and effort to write the review.What more one can ask for as a passionate owner of Dakshin's.I am glad you enjoyed on all your visits and even got the level of spice to your mark during your second visit.
I'm proud that my entire team is working as a unit and doing justice to all our valued guest.Overall I'm happy that you had a good experience in Siemreap based on your other reviews. Thank you once again.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

My partner and I decided to visit Dakshin after recommended by my cousin and also reading many positive feedback from travellers.

I am never a big fan of Indian cuisine, but I have to say I never regret stopping. The masala fish was especially tasty and flavourful. We totally enjoyed our meal there. Highly recommended.

Hi Lynna
It was a pleasure having you dining at Dakshin's and I'm so glad especially being recommended by your cousin cheers to him or her and also lifting to the standards set by all our wonderful guest thru their positive reviews.Thou honedtly i am extremely passionate about Dakshin's all this wonderful reviews just motivates me sky high.Thank you and hope to see you someday dining at Dakshin's!!!I
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing food and staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014

Excellent food and service! Simply amazing Indian food in Siem Reap. Thali's were amazing and fairly priced for the freshness and quality of ingredients. WIll surely be back and you should go too!

• Visited August 2014
Hi
Thank you for the lovely review and it's a wonderful feeling to know you had a great meal at Dakshin's especially someone who has visited South India and probably experienced the food culture there makes it even more awesome. Thank you once again and wish you all the best.Cheers!!!
United Kingdom
“You must go here..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

We stumbled apon this lovely place by reading trip advisor reviews for Indian restaurants and so glad we did.

We went twice and if we had stayed in Siem reap longer would have gone again and again.

The building is beautifully decorated and the staff are so friendly with good english. The second time we met the owner who was warm and welcoming and generally a very nice man.

The food: I am a whimp when it comes to spice however this was no problem as they make your food to order. My partner however loves spice and loved a recommended dish.

Due to one bad review where someone was obviously trying to show off in front of friends they are cautious of putting too much spice in but have a great spice paste to add if you want a better kick.

The food was of amazing quality and quantity, great size portions. We have only had Indian from Uk but this trumped anything we have previously had.

They were all lovely people and can cater any special requirements with notice.

Cannot recommend this place enough!!! Thank you for a lovely time!!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank joandrik
Pannirselvam B, Owner at Dakshin's, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Good morning Dear
“Great food, pleasant owner and staff, much needed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

Really needed some Indian food a couple weeks into a traveling and we weren't let down. The food was great. The owner cares and it shows in his customer service and kitchen oversight. It's also a world away from pub street despite being so close in location and price to the tourist haven.

Pannirselvam B, Owner at Dakshin's, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Hi Sir
It's was a pleasure having you dining at Dakshin's. I am thankful and appreciate your positive reviews which I believe will go a long way in helping our establishment and other fellow travelers craving for a authentic Indian mealsAs passionate owner is nice and rewarding reviews for all our team hatdwork to upkeep to the standards. Thank you and wish you the best and good health.