A few questions to begin with --
1) How do you review an Indian restaurant in Siem Reap which insists on using "ghee" or "flour" of only one particular brand available only in India?
2) How do you rate a place where the owner Pannir is obsessive about being the biggest critic of his own food?
3) What do you say about the policy of a restaurant which agrees to make a dish just for you that takes 2 full days to make from scratch when "it is not even on the menu"?
Well you just marvel and say "Wow"!!!
-- Yes -- They actually get their Ghee & Flour flown from India!!
-- Yes -- Pannir is an unhappy soul till every dish is just so!!
-- And Yes -- I had noted in my first visit that there was no "idly" on the menu and without bating an eyelid the owner (Pannir) asks me to come back after 2 days and he made it just for me from scratch (This dish is very time consuming and takes that long to prepare)!!
We went there twice and would have gone many more times had we stayed longer.
But the message is this --
- The food is authentic .... right down to the smallest ingredient in the final tempering
- The owner is a food lover / critic and is obsessive about doing the best Indian food
- The service is very attentive
- The quality of food is excellent and overall its great value for money.
Don't miss it in your Siem Reap itinerary.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.