I highly recommend this hotel.
1. Extraordinary customer service. So sincere, so friendly. There was a very large staff, and every single person went out of their way to provide friendly and generous service.
2. Very clean rooms. Swimming pool was pristine, although that may be because few people were using it.
3. Gorgeous design and architecture.
4. Excellent food. I am absolutely not a fan of hotel food because I always prefer to experiment with the local foods of wherever I'm travelling. However, Saem's food really was very high quality and (as far as I can tell) authentic to Cambodian tastes. I ate at many places throughout Siem Reap, and felt that Saem's food was actually the best. I ate both their breakfast buffet and their fixed menu dinner.
5. Late checkout option: Checkout was at 12pm. They allowed late checkout for a price. The late checkout fee actually included a significantly discounted spa service which essentially offset the late checkout fee. I thought that was really considerate. We didn't want to do a late checkout, but they offered to store our luggage and also allowed us to use their shower facilities. That way we were still able to use the swimming facilities even after we checked out.
1. There were only a couple of staff members that spoke decent English. Everybody else had very limited English. They nod and smile when they mean yes, but they also nod and smile when they mean I don't know. That made it very confusing. Be prepared to be extra patient when communicating with the staff.
2. Nothing to do or see around the hotel. Really not much of a problem though, because it is only a $2 tuk tuk ride into town, and another $2 to get back. I paid a tuk tuk driver $4 to essentially be my personal chauffer for 2 hours, taking me around to different stores and stopping wherever I felt like it. Totally worth it. Tuk tuks will also take you around to the Angkor sites for $15 roundtrip. They'll wait for you at every temple, take you wherever you want to go, and you pay them when you get back to the hotel.
3. Saem is not full-service in terms of offering tours and stuff. The concierge desk does not seem to have a complete activity book of tours. There aren't stacks of brochures promoting various tourist activities. Fortunately I had done a lot of research and already had a rough itinerary planned out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Saem Siemreap Hotel is equipped with premium room amenities and facilities and services, according to Hotel Five Star Standard. Its elegant and unique Khmer architecture is boosted with cool and fresh air, flower fragrance and a salt-water pool at the center. Every service point is just a few steps away to give its residents perfect convenience in a relaxed atmosphere.This hotel is a newly opened 78-room luxury property just 5 minutes from the national museum, night market and pub streets and about 7 km drive from the airport and the Angkor UNESCO Heritage Site. It is designed and professionally operated to provide its residents excellence in care and hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Saem Siemreap Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.