“Clean and beautiful, incredible customer service”

Saem Siemreap Hotel
Ranked #55 of 384 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I highly recommend this hotel.

Pros:
1. Extraordinary customer service. So sincere, so friendly. There was a very large staff, and every single person went out of their way to provide friendly and generous service.
2. Very clean rooms. Swimming pool was pristine, although that may be because few people were using it.
3. Gorgeous design and architecture.
4. Excellent food. I am absolutely not a fan of hotel food because I always prefer to experiment with the local foods of wherever I'm travelling. However, Saem's food really was very high quality and (as far as I can tell) authentic to Cambodian tastes. I ate at many places throughout Siem Reap, and felt that Saem's food was actually the best. I ate both their breakfast buffet and their fixed menu dinner.
5. Late checkout option: Checkout was at 12pm. They allowed late checkout for a price. The late checkout fee actually included a significantly discounted spa service which essentially offset the late checkout fee. I thought that was really considerate. We didn't want to do a late checkout, but they offered to store our luggage and also allowed us to use their shower facilities. That way we were still able to use the swimming facilities even after we checked out.

Cons:
1. There were only a couple of staff members that spoke decent English. Everybody else had very limited English. They nod and smile when they mean yes, but they also nod and smile when they mean I don't know. That made it very confusing. Be prepared to be extra patient when communicating with the staff.
2. Nothing to do or see around the hotel. Really not much of a problem though, because it is only a $2 tuk tuk ride into town, and another $2 to get back. I paid a tuk tuk driver $4 to essentially be my personal chauffer for 2 hours, taking me around to different stores and stopping wherever I felt like it. Totally worth it. Tuk tuks will also take you around to the Angkor sites for $15 roundtrip. They'll wait for you at every temple, take you wherever you want to go, and you pay them when you get back to the hotel.
3. Saem is not full-service in terms of offering tours and stuff. The concierge desk does not seem to have a complete activity book of tours. There aren't stacks of brochures promoting various tourist activities. Fortunately I had done a lot of research and already had a rough itinerary planned out.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank FreakySqueegie
Write a ReviewReviews (1,723)

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Hi Mr. Sophrom and Sitthan and all other staffs in the hotel I haven't managed to remember all the names. I am Joey!! already back to HK! Thanks for your sincere service to me in these 5 days! Really touched and I missed you all:) the hotel is not at the town centre but just a 5 min tuk tuk ride to the pub street and old market. i met mr. rally, the tuk tuk driver arranged by the hotel. he rode me all these days to see the sunrise sunset and visited almost all temples in siem reap. very comfortable and nice arrangement. even the traditional apsara show in the town was also arranged by the hotel. I don't have to bother much on searching as the staff showed me all choices. thanks a lot! I swam everyday at the pool. clean. room is always clean and ready anytime i returned hotel. I love to chat with the staff there and i love their smiles! sure I would recommend this hotel to my friend who visit siemreap! thanks!!!!

Room Tip: if you want to walk directly from your room to the pool. u definitely need to choose the room on the...
1  Thank j0eyhui
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Saem Siemreap Hotel have a good location, driving just 5 minutes' from the famous Old Market and Pub Street.
Comfortable accommodation, nice outdoor pool and relax spa with good treatment .
Love the welcome fruits and breakfast. Using lounge to meet friends is convenience for business purpose
After a long sightseeing whole day I enjoyed very much dish meal in restaurant
thank you very much for offer a wonderful stay

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 March 2014

A fantastic hotel in every way! My friend and I recently had the pleasure of staying at this lovely hotel conveniently located in siem reap. It's approximately 15 mins by taxi to the airport and approx 5 - 10 mins into town by tuk tuk, both of which can be arranged with ease by hotel staff.
The staff are all wonderful! There was always someone close at hand almost waiting for you to ask a question or assist you in some way.
The food at the restaurant was also delicious and very reasonably priced.
We'll be back again!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank seashells8
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Stayed here in November with my girlfriend. We had came to Siem Riep to visit Angkor Wat in between travelling around Thailand.

The hotel arranged to pick us up from the airport which was included in the price at the time we booked, Our flight was delayed over an hour but when we got there, the hotel staff were waiting to collect us in an air conditioned mini bus.

The hotel itself is located down a bit of a dusty old road, but when we arrived it was wonderful. Really nice. The staff that met us were friendly and helpful.

The room was very nice, located on the pool level so it was just a case of opening the patio door and then a few steps to the pool. The bed was big and comfy. The toilet clean and the shower clean.

Outside the main gates, the hotel always had tuk tuks available to take you to pub street or on a visit to Angkor Wat. We used the tuk tuk driver for two half day visits around the temples and it was pretty cheap, about 15 dollars or something.

Would recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2014

My wife and I have to leave this lovely hotel and it's superb staff tomorrow (so sad). The facilities as well as ALL of the staff (from the check-in to the pool staff and great housekeeping) are simply amazing! We never once got anything but great service, and always with a smile. They picked us up at the airport in a clean and air conditioned car, as well as providing us with a refreshingly cool towel and cold drink. Soon the road to the hotel will be paved, but this is just a silly little issue and should not influence a potential stay. Our room on the third floor overlooking the pool was fabulous, roomy, and well appointed. My wife especially enjoyed the complimentary breakfast, with its multitude of choices and fruit. I'm not a breakfast eater and even I was impressed and appreciative. Mr Sor and the other concierge staff were always standing by to help with tour and travel venues, as well as any transportation needs. We were so fortunate to have Mr Rachhun as our first tuk tuk driver, and we made sure we hired him for all of our other excursions to the temples, pub street, ATM, or even just to cruise around the countryside. He was very accommodating, and went out of his way to share his knowledge of Cambodia with us. We will miss him when we leave, but will look him up when we return. We highly, highly recommend you ask for him by name!! For once you get more than you "pay for" when staying at this hotel, with its outstanding facilities, service, staff, and tuk tuk drivers. Lessons learned; US dollars are accepted everywhere (and usually at a better exchange), bring along a passport sized photo for immigration or else be prepared to be charged extra, March through August is wedding season and you will get the chance to enjoy the music being played throughout the city, be prepared to perspire this time of year, there are plenty of massage parlors to pick from, and if you stop alongside the road to take a picture of the monkeys they will jump right in the tuk tuk with you, there's plenty of shopping and dinning choices in town along pub street, and remember to bring a bag of candy to pass out to the very poor children you undoubtedly will experience while sightseeing.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kyle G
Reviewed 19 March 2014

This is a great hotel for your money! Beautiful, clean, lovely staff. Had a great massage while here. I personally did not use the pool, but from what I could see from the balcony, it was getting a lot of use. We had the breakfast every morning and they had a good selection of fruits, cereals, eggs prepared to your liking, coffee, juices, breads, everything you need to load up before a long day of temple touring. Air conditioning worked great thankfully, as it was much needed. Little frig in the room we used to keep cold drinks and fruit. You need to take a tuk tuk into town, it's $2 and $3 to get back. The hotel is at the end of a dirt road, so the tuk tuk ride is pretty bumpy and a little dusty. For dinner, just tell them to drop you off at Pub Street. There are many, many little dining places along with all the shopping. I highly recommend this hotel, it's lovely.