“Friendly and clean”

Ranked #55 of 343 Hotels in Siem Reap
Landau an der Isar, Germany
“Friendly and clean”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We found a special rate for this hotel on expedia.de for 140€ for four nights incl. breakfast. We also got an upgrade to a pool view room, which was great.
The service was fantastic. It seemed like every time we left the room for two hours, the cleaning staff made the bed and replaced the towels.
There were also extra towels on the deckchairs around the pool, which were replaced right after the guest left.
Also the staff around the house (concierge, breakfast etc.) were always extremely friendly and helpful.
The hotel is a 5-minute Tuktuk ride away from the city centre, which costs $2 one way.
The breakfast offered everything we could wish for: Asian warm dishes, fresh fruit, cereals, pastry, crepes, sometimes bacon, eggs etc.
We can definitely recommend it - especially if you can get a discount at your travel agenet / website.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Susanne B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I booked this hotel 2 weeks prior to us actually flying to Siem Reap. Our choices were limited and expensive. I chose this hotel because it was the most affordable at the time and with the best reviews. We did not regret this decision. The hotel arranged for a car to pick us up and they were waiting for us when we landed with air-conditioner on and cold bottles of water as well as wash cloths. The hotel is on a dirt road driving through a very non touristy part of Siem reap which could be a little over whelming but then you come to this safe haven. The room we received was on the ground floor which may be the reason why there were a lot of mosquitoes there and it is probably better higher up. The hotel staff tried their best and sprayed mosquito repellants but the mosquitoes were relentless. It is in a heavily populated neighbor hood and you may hear soem dogs howling in the night and some people if you are close to the boundary wall which we were but it wasnt too unpleasant. We ate here on all days because we were too tired to venture out anywhere after a long day of tomb raiding. The food was tasty and well presented. The breakfast was also excellent and plentiful. They were very prompt in answering e -mails and helped me to get the bus tickets to Phnom phen as well as Apsara dance tickets. On the second night it was my husbands birthday and they surprised him with a cake at midnight!. The staff went above and beyond to make sure our stay was comfortable. Its a newer hotel with some kinks but they are trying to figure these out. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aimen
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 15 April 2014

On arrival into Siem Reap airport I was met be Saren holding a sign up with my name as I had advised them of my arrival flight be email, return transfers were complimentary. Saren was so friendly it made me feel very welcome and I thank her for that, was handed a very refreshing cold facecloth and bottle of water. Sopheap was the driver a very safe and courteous driver and very professional he is also one of the concierges at the hotel. Saren explained many different things to do in Sieam Reap and also the hotel facilities on the way to the hotel, when we arrived she helped me with check in while I had a welcome drink and another cold towel all very welcome as it was a very hot day. On the way to my room 404 Saren showed me where everything was, so helpful.
The room was clean and modern, good amenities and toiletries. Comfortable bed with plenty of room, the balcony had great views of the pool and surrounding area with the added sunset view.
The pool area was lovely, relaxing and pool very clean and refreshing. Staff were friendly and professional always waiting if you needed something. Pool towels are available on the sun lounge chairs, and drinks and food also available.
I had one of the packages at the spa that included a foot glow, body glow which was a scrub and massage. I had the foot and body glow one day and the massage the next. If staff could not understand english they would call a staff member that could so very helpful. I never had a problem with the language barrier, as most could speak english well.
My tuk tuk driver Mr Raly number 12 was assigned to me for my stay, he was a careful driver and knowledgable about the area. Was so helpful as the hotel staff would call him and he would be there. He would always keep his eye out for me specially at the temples I could never see him but he would call me, which was great as there are so many tuk tuks there.
I arranged all my trips through the hotel, I used Mr Raly for all except the Floating village sunset cruise and dinner. The staff were always so helpful, going out of their way to help. I know there are some guests that do not treat them with respect but they should as all staff members go out of their way to help and are very professional and friendly.
Breakfast was a wonderful buffet with great choices including a noodle, egg and pancake station. Staff again friendly and professional. A great way to start the day.
Free wifi was a major benefit included in the tarrif, and worked well when travelling alone and this being your only source of contact with family and friends.
The road has been finished outside the hotel now, however you are in Cambodia so other roads have quite a few pot holes so expect sometimes a bumpy ride does add to the experience.
I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Siem Reap, the staff are amazing and the hotel facilities are great. Keep smiling.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Karen M
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This hotel although not in the centre of town was excellent. The staff were extremely helpful and very friendly, they always made you feel welcome and nothing was too much trouble for them. We arranged two small tours with them to Angkor Wat and the floating village plus the Roulos temples, on both occasions they provided us with a car and driver, we arranged also for an English speaking guide. The guide was very knowledgeable and ensured we saw the temples in the best order - when then crowds were less. After each temple visit the driver was always there to greet us with cold water and refreshing towel. We stayed or 6 nights and never were we disappointed with anything from the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor room pool side, opposite to the restaurant.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paul T
Norfolk
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Stopped here with my husband and son age 8 in a family room. Had two bedrooms and a lounge area. Was lovely and clean and modern and we were very pleased with it. The pool area was beautiful and very quiet except when my son was having lots of fun in the pool. We arranged a trip to see the temples through the hotel and this was excellent quality. The cool towels and water were really appreciated. We ate in the restaurant a few times and the food excellent quality. We also did quite a bit of sightseeing just renting a tuk tuk from outside the hotel. This was excellent value and the drivers very friendly. The friendliness of the staff make this hotel special. I would particularly like to mention Tang our driver for the tour and airport pickups and Saren who welcomed us 'home'. All staff though were lovely. The road outside the hotel was being upgraded while we were there but it really is no distance from pub street in a tuk tuk and only $2. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank clare_stevenson
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I can’t say enough about this hotel. It is wonderful! The staff is super friendly and helpful, the rooms are spacious and clean, the pool is beautiful and refreshing. We stayed in their family room which was AMAZING! It had three rooms. Two bedrooms and bathrooms and one large living room as well as a large balcony. It was great! My only complaint on the room was the lack of a bath tub but for four days that wasn’t a big deal. Room service was fast and reasonable with a cheeseburger costing $6. The breakfast here was great. There was a wide selection and my picky kids were full each morning.

We had our laundry done for a dollar a kg right across the street. We walked it over at about 8:00 and it was done by 5:30pm. This hotel is tucked off the main track but is only about a five minute tut tuk ride into town for $2. It is currently on a dirt road but the new road should be done in the next month. We didn’t have an issue with tut tuk drivers not knowing how to get there. I took a photo of the hotel and would just show it to the driver before coming back. It worked well. There were always tut tuk’s outside the hotel waiting to take us wherever we cared to go.

We also took two of their mini van tours of Angkor Wat. We did the Small Circuit and Grande Circuit. Both were all day tours. The van was very nice and new. Our driver for both days was Um Sopheg. We loved him!! His English is FANTASTIC!! He was great about telling us about the sites, where to go and what else to see. He was also our driver to and from the airport. The tours were very reasonable. The small circuit was $60 for the entire day. That included the van, driver, as water as we wanted and cool wash cloths after each site. (The cloths were great as it was sweltering out!!)

Room Tip: If traveling with kids get the family room. It is really three rooms. A king bed in one, a large l...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Julz62
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I have just returned from a 3nt stay in the Saem Siem Reap Hotel. Everything about our trip was fantastic from the moment we arrived.
The staff greeted us on time at the airport in a comfortable car, with a cold towel, cold water and a friendly smile. Upon arrival we were greeted by more members of staff with a friendly welcome and an arrival drink.
We were offered an upgraded room (which looked amazing! Worth while upgrading if you can) however is was only a king room and we preferred twin beds as I was travelling with my mum. The gesture was appreciated though.
The next day I pre-booked a temples tour with the hotel. They allocated a driver, comfortable, air conditioned car with a supply of cold towels & water, along with an English speaking guide. Great service.
On our return we were greeted "welcome home" (this became the normal greeting every time we returned to the hotel). It became our home from home. Staff kindly enquired how we were and about our day. Very personal.
The next day we went off quad biking (very worthwhile!!) then returned to use the pool etc which was kept emaculately clean. Afterwards my mum and I enjoyed a wonderful massage in the spa. Perfect way to finish off our trip.

Overall the hotel is very well maintained, all facilities are clean, there is something for everyone at breakfast and best of all the very at tentative staff were helpful and friendly. They made our trip as comfortable and pleasant as possible.

As per the other reviews regarding the road leading to the hotel, this is a minor inconvenience, and when we were leaving work had already begun to cement it. Therefore hopefully this will be completed soon.

If (I mean when) I return to this wonderful city I would choose to stay again at the Saem Siem Reap hotel. I was very pleased with the value for money service and accommodation.
This hotel is suitable for everyone travelling to Siem Reap and if you are reading this considering this hotel I say DO IT!!!!

• Stayed March 2014