“New boutique hotel- great value and service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Saem Siemreap Hotel

Saem Siemreap Hotel
Ranked #49 of 338 Hotels in Siem Reap
Hong Kong, China
“New boutique hotel- great value and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Just a 5 min tuk tuk from the frenzy of town is the calm oasis of a pretty frangipani flanked pool, generously sized bedrooms featuring wooden floors and marble bathrooms, and elegant staff that say "welcome back" every time you return. Price was amazing value for the pool cabana with patio where we stayed, and the service is impeccable. Linens always fresh and white. Bathrobes, slippers, amenities and all you'd expect from a five star resort. You can tell the staff are happy working here. The senior supervisor Mr Sorheap even personally escorted us to the airport after our seven night stay during Khmer New Year. Breakfast is plentiful and the staff accommodating. Dinner and wine very decent and a good price. Neighborhood is very local but I would say very safe, despite the approach up a bumpy dirty road with khmer bars to one side (very tame) and in the other direction, the development of luxury detached houses. The only quibbles I had were that the evening dining room was too brightly lit and the bedroom lighting didn't go bright enough when you needed it, and the pillows were a bit hard for me. I would go back though.

Room Tip: Pool cabana definitely worth the extra few dollars.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank TousLesMatins

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Northern California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

This hotel was recently built in Cambodian style and manages to retain a traditional atmosphere in the public spaces. It is on a quite side street a distance from the main tourist area, but tuk-tuks are available to take you anywhere in town for $2. The rooms are very comfortable, with air conditioning, room service, free wifi, flat screen TV, and small balconies. There is also a very nice garden and pool area, which I enjoyed because it was very hot when we were there in March. The staff members were very responsive. Once our room key card did not work and someone showed up within minutes with a new one. We also had a problem with the safe that was taken care of very quickly. The breakfast buffet was very nice, with both western and Asian foods, fruit, pastry, and an omettle station. This hotel is priced very low (around $50 US) and would have cost about four times that much in the US.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MaestraM
Penang Island, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed in this hotel on 11th - 15th April 2014. prior to arriving, requested the hotel to make few arrangement to my room as suprise to my wife. i must say the Front Office Senior Supervisor done a great job to personally ensure all arrangement is in place and personally greet me as i was walking out from the airport arrival gate. Small establishment of around 70++ rooms. though it is out of the city area (around 2.5km tuk tuk ride), it is peaceful and the staff are superb. They always make you felt at home, address you by name and constantly serve with smile.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CK_Ong8271
Landau an der Isar, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

We found a special rate for this hotel on expedia.de for 140€ for four nights incl. breakfast. We also got an upgrade to a pool view room, which was great.
The service was fantastic. It seemed like every time we left the room for two hours, the cleaning staff made the bed and replaced the towels.
There were also extra towels on the deckchairs around the pool, which were replaced right after the guest left.
Also the staff around the house (concierge, breakfast etc.) were always extremely friendly and helpful.
The hotel is a 5-minute Tuktuk ride away from the city centre, which costs $2 one way.
The breakfast offered everything we could wish for: Asian warm dishes, fresh fruit, cereals, pastry, crepes, sometimes bacon, eggs etc.
We can definitely recommend it - especially if you can get a discount at your travel agenet / website.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Susanne B
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I booked this hotel 2 weeks prior to us actually flying to Siem Reap. Our choices were limited and expensive. I chose this hotel because it was the most affordable at the time and with the best reviews. We did not regret this decision. The hotel arranged for a car to pick us up and they were waiting for us when we landed with air-conditioner on and cold bottles of water as well as wash cloths. The hotel is on a dirt road driving through a very non touristy part of Siem reap which could be a little over whelming but then you come to this safe haven. The room we received was on the ground floor which may be the reason why there were a lot of mosquitoes there and it is probably better higher up. The hotel staff tried their best and sprayed mosquito repellants but the mosquitoes were relentless. It is in a heavily populated neighbor hood and you may hear soem dogs howling in the night and some people if you are close to the boundary wall which we were but it wasnt too unpleasant. We ate here on all days because we were too tired to venture out anywhere after a long day of tomb raiding. The food was tasty and well presented. The breakfast was also excellent and plentiful. They were very prompt in answering e -mails and helped me to get the bus tickets to Phnom phen as well as Apsara dance tickets. On the second night it was my husbands birthday and they surprised him with a cake at midnight!. The staff went above and beyond to make sure our stay was comfortable. Its a newer hotel with some kinks but they are trying to figure these out. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aimen
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

On arrival into Siem Reap airport I was met be Saren holding a sign up with my name as I had advised them of my arrival flight be email, return transfers were complimentary. Saren was so friendly it made me feel very welcome and I thank her for that, was handed a very refreshing cold facecloth and bottle of water. Sopheap was the driver a very safe and courteous driver and very professional he is also one of the concierges at the hotel. Saren explained many different things to do in Sieam Reap and also the hotel facilities on the way to the hotel, when we arrived she helped me with check in while I had a welcome drink and another cold towel all very welcome as it was a very hot day. On the way to my room 404 Saren showed me where everything was, so helpful.
The room was clean and modern, good amenities and toiletries. Comfortable bed with plenty of room, the balcony had great views of the pool and surrounding area with the added sunset view.
The pool area was lovely, relaxing and pool very clean and refreshing. Staff were friendly and professional always waiting if you needed something. Pool towels are available on the sun lounge chairs, and drinks and food also available.
I had one of the packages at the spa that included a foot glow, body glow which was a scrub and massage. I had the foot and body glow one day and the massage the next. If staff could not understand english they would call a staff member that could so very helpful. I never had a problem with the language barrier, as most could speak english well.
My tuk tuk driver Mr Raly number 12 was assigned to me for my stay, he was a careful driver and knowledgable about the area. Was so helpful as the hotel staff would call him and he would be there. He would always keep his eye out for me specially at the temples I could never see him but he would call me, which was great as there are so many tuk tuks there.
I arranged all my trips through the hotel, I used Mr Raly for all except the Floating village sunset cruise and dinner. The staff were always so helpful, going out of their way to help. I know there are some guests that do not treat them with respect but they should as all staff members go out of their way to help and are very professional and friendly.
Breakfast was a wonderful buffet with great choices including a noodle, egg and pancake station. Staff again friendly and professional. A great way to start the day.
Free wifi was a major benefit included in the tarrif, and worked well when travelling alone and this being your only source of contact with family and friends.
The road has been finished outside the hotel now, however you are in Cambodia so other roads have quite a few pot holes so expect sometimes a bumpy ride does add to the experience.
I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Siem Reap, the staff are amazing and the hotel facilities are great. Keep smiling.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Karen M
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

This hotel although not in the centre of town was excellent. The staff were extremely helpful and very friendly, they always made you feel welcome and nothing was too much trouble for them. We arranged two small tours with them to Angkor Wat and the floating village plus the Roulos temples, on both occasions they provided us with a car and driver, we arranged also for an English speaking guide. The guide was very knowledgeable and ensured we saw the temples in the best order - when then crowds were less. After each temple visit the driver was always there to greet us with cold water and refreshing towel. We stayed or 6 nights and never were we disappointed with anything from the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor room pool side, opposite to the restaurant.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple